[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thx manesia for the links,are u a member of that site and oszone.ru?

ok thx Mr_Smartepants,ull notice that my cheap logon picture is pretty cheap so if you have any others that would fit better plz link.

id need help ,need someone to check ftp transfert dialog/avi and also ie dl dialog/avi and others..:

ieframe.mui

wiadefui.dll

shdoclc.dll

shdocvw.dll

ehres.dll

msieftp.dll

shell32.dll

and tell me if the avi's are centered, ive noticed the ie dl dialog/avi is offseted too much to the right.when i mean check i dont mean open the file, i mean testing the actual dialog window by transffering stuff.also seems that some dialogs/avis make the window too wide.i did have to play with the sizes, but seems i screwed up.

Edited by bober

Im just about to do some checking Bober. I will be back soon.

UPDATE 1. Found a temp fix for the nLite problem... Go to the advanced settings under Bootable ISO, and change the ISO Engine setting from Default to Mkisofs and you will no longer get the boot issue when you use nLite to create an ISO.

UPDATE 2. I think a UXTheme patch should be implemented in this pack, it makes sence because it replaces the standard MS theme, and would help make XPtsp more stand-alone. I also think the addition of a HIVE.SYS 1024x768 patch would be a nice idea.

UPDATE 3. I much prefered the Vista Copy, Move animations, these are just a more colourful version of the old ones. The Vista ones look much better, and more futuristic. But I think the animation that Amnesia supplied for the Internet download was perfect, because MS forgot to replace this animation in Vista.

UPDATE 4. Yes, your right Bober, the logon screen is pretty bad. I will provide you with a new one soon, if you would like. What resolution would you like 1600x1200 ok for you?

I hope that you take this critisism in the spirit that it is meant, but I really don't like the way that the look of XPtsp changes without a vote or preview being put out there. I hate the way that just as you think this is looking great, and there are only 2 or 3 minor issues left to resolve, XPtsp then goes off in a different direction, and is not so good anymore.

A way around this is offering different "themed" versions of XPtsp, one that is just designed to make XP look more like Vista, and another that looks like Apple, or whatever. That way, people that want to use a later version of XPtsp to fix minor problems, wont be treated to a completly new look, when they may have prefered the look of the previous version.

Just been playing with the dialogue box for IE7...

post-8705-1218552009_thumb.png

Edited by Stimpy

Thank you i've been wanting to try this :thumbsup_anim:

And i would like to say thanks to you guys who are doing such a great job with this project as well :beerchug:

bober i worked out what i was doing i had downloaded the addon and extracted it instead of the exe file which is why it was automatically running

As for any iso problems i've been using CD image GUI to make iso and if i remove user32 .dll i have no problems with it working

Thanks again

Edited by Dave3737

Im just about to do some checking Bober. I will be back soon.

UPDATE 1. Found a temp fix for the nLite problem... Go to the advanced settings under Bootable ISO, and change the ISO Engine setting from Default to Mkisofs and you will no longer get the boot issue when you use nLite to create an ISO.

UPDATE 2. I think a UXTheme patch should be implemented in this pack, it makes sence because it replaces the standard MS theme, and would help make XPtsp more stand-alone. I also think the addition of a HIVE.SYS 1024x768 patch would be a nice idea.

UPDATE 3. I much prefered the Vista Copy, Move animations, these are just a more colourful version of the old ones. The Vista ones look much better, and more futuristic. But I think the animation that Amnesia supplied for the Internet download was perfect, because MS forgot to replace this animation in Vista.

UPDATE 4. Yes, your right Bober, the logon screen is pretty bad. I will provide you with a new one soon, if you would like. What resolution would you like 1600x1200 ok for you?

I hope that you take this critisism in the spirit that it is meant, but I really don't like the way that the look of XPtsp changes without a vote or preview being put out there. I hate the way that just as you think this is looking great, and there are only 2 or 3 minor issues left to resolve, XPtsp then goes off in a different direction, and is not so good anymore.

A way around this is offering different "themed" versions of XPtsp, one that is just designed to make XP look more like Vista, and another that looks like Apple, or whatever. That way, people that want to use a later version of XPtsp to fix minor problems, wont be treated to a completly new look, when they may have prefered the look of the previous version.

about different flavors (themes) i know, ive talked about it in the earlier posts.(gonna need people to gather up resources)

UXTheme and HIVE.SYS patches are in the addon version(in teh new links i gave).(on a live system only the uxtheme patch matters,but this will only happen when i create a live patcher,amnesia seems to have something going on,so mean while people can use his way to patch a live system.

ill revert back to the old more vista like dialogs.i changed the rest of the dialogs so it would match the dl dialogs that everyone seemed to like,but i just find it crazy to revert back to the original dialogs but to keep the ie dl dialog witch dosent fit the set at all.

about the changes i made,plz note that the 1st post still contains v1.0.05. and thats why i gave links and asked people to test,i do know some have a very watchfull eye and was hoping feedback and help from them...but i like to re-read the older posts to try and accomodate as much as possible people's sugggestions as i can, and people seemed really to like those new avis.personally i like the older ones too,i only changed them so it would match the rest and not cause i really though that they were cool and all,i much better like uniformity.

so whipp me up some logon screens cause im the worst in artistic taste and creation.(yeah 1600x* is fine)

and nice one on the n lite prob, ill post a quote of ure findings.

edit:im also planing to add different themes depending on the xp version one can have,xp pro will ahve the current theme so this means mce and home will have their own themes, if any one has good matching themes for the said versions plz link.

and about the dl dialog and avi being offsetted is fixed,i missnamed the res file,so the dialog fix i added to ieframe.dll.mui wasint taken in effect,but if ure using ie6 its ok,ie7 and ie6 have different files for dls.

Edited by bober

I have OEM Home, I'll give it a shot and report back tomorrow.

Detected OEM Home just fine! :)

Yeah, the OOBE 'follow-on' Home graphic doesn't look all that nice. The 'Home' text and Windows flag are stretched vertically on 1024x768 screen and the resolution is poor.

But the detection script worked! :thumbsup_anim:

ive noticed the ie dl dialog/avi is offseted too much to the right.when i mean check i dont mean open the file, i mean testing the actual dialog window by transffering stuff.

I saw this too. Offset too far to right.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

i have good news.there maybe a new GUI coming soon(or later),no promises yet but it should be able to let you patch source files and have the ability to patch a live system as discussed earlier.so good bye crappy batch file.If all goes as planed the program would parse a text file for easy updating..(yesssss)

edit:here are updated files,dialog fixed and reverted copy cut del etc.. avis.

added different themes depending on what xp version you have.

if all is ok ill add it to 1st post once i get those new logins,also people plz chek the new themes and wallpapers for the home and mce files,if they arent good plz also link better ones.its getting late so i havint tested the new theme routines at all,but its should work...ithink lol.

http://rapidshare.com/files/137182886/XPts....addon.rar.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/137182887/XPts...0.10b1.exe.html

Edited by bober

This sounds like good news indeed Bober! I'm looking forward to it.

I think you should keep with the more colourful theme for the IE dialogue boxes, as these help differenciate IE dialogue boxes from Windows system dialogue boxes, so stick with what you have for the IE download, ftp transfer etc etc...

I have cleaned up the IE7 download dialogue box a fair bit, here it is if you with to try it. It works perfectly with the new animations that you included in the .10 version Bober, try it and see what you think. ieframe.mui.rar

post-8705-1218708042_thumb.png

I will upload some logon pics very, very soon...

Edited by Stimpy

Just wondering if someone can help? I have been using this fantastic little program and love it but when i use it on media center ( xp pro with mce addon) in the system properties and about windows dialogue after first reboot they say service pack 3 version 5508 i know I am using 5512. Prior to first reboot both just sp3 its only after I restart PC this changes. I have used on plenty of xp I have made and the dialogue is correct sp3 5512. Just wondering if anyone can help with this. I know its only a minor thing but it annoys the crap out of me.

Thanks in advance

just my input on the MCE problem... I have used the MCE addon ever since V'ISO 8.whatever and I have not once had a problem :S. The screen shot I posted about the activation problem is further proof. I actually just reformatted with it as well, winver and system properties come up with nothing about the build whatsoever. Looking through Everest, all I see is 5512, or just "Service Pack 3".

My build process goes from a SP0 CD, with all the cmpnts in the folder, including tablet PC cabs, the sonic cab and media center and so on. Then I manually patch it to SP3 using /integrate. Then I manually add hotfixes. Then I use RVM and go through all in one fell swoop including MCE and the addon version of the patcher. I have not once seen a difference between using the addon in RVM or the live after everything is integrated. And then I go through nLite after that's done including the majority of my program addons and tweaks and so forth...

Thats just for a comparison of your process. I don't really have any clue where or why your problem shows up :S

good luck! :P

Edited by DyceFreak

Ok thanks ill have to try and sort something out, I have tried using sp0 and integrating also with msdn sp3 already integrated as I said with just xp i have no problem with this only with mce addon and only after reboot ill try without net framework 3.5 and see if that is doing it as its the only thing i run at run once stage

Thanks again for your help

lol if u re-read ure post, ull get the answer...

"I said with just xp i have no problem with this only with mce addon and only after reboot "

also this forum dosent support warez, ure sig clearly seems to state u dl warez from demonoid,so if ure having trouble with xp build versioning,prolly ure using crappy dled altered images.

Edited by bober

This sounds like good news indeed Bober! I'm looking forward to it.

I think you should keep with the more colourful theme for the IE dialogue boxes, as these help differenciate IE dialogue boxes from Windows system dialogue boxes, so stick with what you have for the IE download, ftp transfer etc etc...

I have cleaned up the IE7 download dialogue box a fair bit, here it is if you with to try it. It works perfectly with the new animations that you included in the .10 version Bober, try it and see what you think. ieframe.mui.rar

post-8705-1218708042_thumb.png

I will upload some logon pics very, very soon...

thers a problem with the script,its not patching ieframe.dll.mui,i thought i fixed it but it dosent work,manually doing it works perfect.

Edited by bober

Well actually i have my own legit xp lol and added sp3 also got my own copy of msdn legit too but where i download and what i download is of no concern of yours

I am just trying to make a nice copy of mce for myself and actually am a supporter of the work you are doing here so if i were you i would keep the smart ass comments to your self considering you know nothing about me or what i do.

Thanks for your help

heha,yeah no problem,i can be a hard ass sometimes(nothing a few beers cant cure),guess the few problems with the script is getting to me.but i think i found a workaround expect a re-upload in a few minutes.only difference is the fixed .bat and resized some dialogs,i just noticed something strange when using a res editor, the current theme has an impact ont on the res editor..its quite strange.

fore those intrested, seems you cannot set a variable with a period in it,thing is ieframe.dll.mui is obviously not 8.3 compliant thats how the ie7 addon(onepeice) im using integrates it ,so i had to change some things,its in the .bat... just look under the :ieframedllmui label.

im curious if other ie7 addons also use the same name scheme...if not then there is a problem.so if anyone is using an other ie7 true addon and the ieframe mui isint named the same plz report ill add a coupel lines to add support.

Edited by bober

no worries ill buy you a couple of beers lol :beerchug:

I know its those little things that get to me too and just remember don't stress too much you r doing a great job and looks like you got plenty of great brains here to help :D

ill wait for update good luck

hewre it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/137425300/XPts....addon.rar.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/137425301/XPts...0.10b2.exe.html

a coupel of posts erlier u said u removed user32.dll and it fixed the iso building prob,im not surprised,im shrue its the cursors...thers a problem with that resource...ill try to fix it and see 2 moral.

Edited by bober

Thanks i am going to give this a run shortly

I did remove but it was a much bigger resource you had then since 1.0.05 ?? its been much smaller and i haven't had a prob with it

I also tried changing from default to Mkisofs in nlite that works too or if you dont use nlite ect i found CDimage worked too

I really haven't had any problems other then the one i mentioned earlier the thing i like also is that i can change any of the resources to my own needs like winntbu, logonui ect and its all patched b4 making iso.

Thanks ill let you know how it goes

Not sure about anyone else but this version just don't want to stop lol it just keeps patching any one else tried this yet ??????????????

Edited by Dave3737

I have just finnished installing a fresh copy of Windows with b2 of XPtsp, and have only found that appart from the non-animated mouse pointer (would not getting rid of this, and using the theme to install a mouse pointer be the best way forward?), and the copy, delete, and move animations being offset to the right of the dialog box (which I will fix, and upload here soon), everything else seems really good so far!

Bober, concerning the logon screens, is it vital that it displays the Windows version? Because I have a nice 1920x1200 bmp of the early Vista Arora graphics in 6000x4000, and can make any size you might require.

If that is ok, then I will upload the .res to Rapidshare for you.

Update 1:

http://rapidshare.com/files/137515227/logonui.exe.res.html

Well, I have tried to fix the copy, move and delete dialog box, but cannot test my work, as I just can't make Restorator replace Shell32.dll at startup. Any tips on this, anyone?

Dave3737, I have been thinking about your build number problem, and I'm wondering if it has to do with the control panel being edited, as I had the same problem after Amnesia first upgraded it, and had to manually change the strings in the sysdm.cpl file to fix the isse. Your issue sounds very simular.

UPDATE...

I have been working on a modified version of Amnesias System Properties panel... It now supports the official Microsoft recommended maximum OEMLogo.bmp size of 180x114, so that has made the panel slightly bigger.

post-8705-1218838266_thumb.jpg

What do you think?

Edited by Stimpy