[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

I personally like the old info better. That is just a little bit too much bloat for me. Though I do appreciate the new alignment of the info, the descriptions are too long. I think the CPU Make should be just simply "CPU Type" and "CPU speed and installed memory" should be "CPU Info".

The descriptions IMHO are just bloat, its not really needed at all since they are categorized nicely to begin with.

Is the OEM bmp and nlite dealie added by default? Because that is also unnecessary IMO...

Edited by DyceFreak

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, bloat, not sure I agree, but each to their own! But by your way of thinking, surely the whole concept of XPtsp is bloat?

I think MS did a piss-poor job of designing the dialog boxes to begin with, and to be honest, I like this version, so at the very least, it will be used in my own install.

And to answer your questions, no, I have not added the nLite logo, or the "powered by nLite", why would I do that? The logo is there because I used nLite to make the test image that I'm using at the moment, and the text is an unused string inside the .cpl, which nLite, and some OEMs seem to know about. And another point that I would like to make is all of the information contained in the panel is provided by Windows, and your own hardware, so none of it is pre-made by me, so it will be different on your own PC.

Edited by Stimpy

stimpy,for the logon res,i need 3 versions,and i kinda liked the idea of the version branding,alltho the graphic i used is ugly, i can fix it,but that logo is not part of the image it self, its in an other image completely and uses transparancy.

for the sytem cpl,thing is appart from the pictures the window itself needs to be the same cuz thers many windows/dialogs in the system cpl set and they all have to have the same size,but urs looks good,if you can resize it so its the same size as amnesias originals ill include it for sure.

edit:i just tested the show support info button and it dosent show anything ...i dunno if its the same on rue end...cause it would be very cool thta it would show indepth system info.

about the damn avis n dialogs,i dunno whats going on.seems fine when pathced i cheked the cabbed file after patching btu seems things get screwed when windows installs it...ill try to investigate this weekend.have you tryed using different themes ,cause it has an impact on the numbers we input with our res editors...its crasy...

but umm i dled ure logon res file and i dotn see any difference

edit:ill format cus the damned dialogs i edit get screwed up,about the animated cursors ,ill add them to the 3 themes,forgot to do it when i added them.its real easy.

also,if user32.dll is the boot problem then ill just drop the damned cursors in it since animated ones will be added to the theme files....does any one have a good cursor set?the ones ive got have a glich in the working ani,i see black spots appear fromt iem to time,i have fixed a couple fo them but there 1 ani thta ic nat edit ,no editor can open it,it errors out.

crap i just remembered why i cant add ani,id have to do it the addon way

[sysoc]

customcursors=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,customcursors.inf,HIDE,7

[dosnet_files]

d1,customcursors.cab

d1,customcursors.inf

[txtsetup_files]

customcursors.cab = 100,,,,,,_x,,3,3

customcursors.inf = 100,,,,,,,20,0,0

...ill see if i can do something.. the bach would need to open sysoc,dosnet and txtsetup and add those lines.

Edited by bober

The hash matches this time on exe didnt dl addon ill see if it works properly and if not ill see what maybe causing at my end

thanks again

So far no good I think it must be with the mce addon its not recognizing which os it is so it just keeps patching

Ill give it a go on just xp and report back

I would think it will work on xp but ill let you know :D

Edited by Dave3737

Well nlite and integrator both pick it up as mce ver3 sp3 5512 but when i run patcher exe its does first run then says patching files in i386 then patching specific files for os then it just keeps going it ran through six times b4 i stopped it on last run im running it on xp sp3 now and see what happens all others including 1.0.10a work fine with exactly the same xpcd folder so ill let you know how xp goes

Im not saying your program not working - well it not for me but im just putting my findings up so people can help

Thanks

as expected works fine on xp sp3 :D

Edited by Dave3737

oh it loops at the end?

can you give me specifics?

EDIT:i think i know whats going on here,

lol it was late and i left in goto's that refered to bad places .lol my bad.

but all went fine here cause the script does cheks for said fines,if their not there then the goto indicates to jump to the next resource.it wasint happenign cause i have a real mce wiht all files present to the chek always found the file and never used the goto's.

Edited by bober

oh it loops at the end?

can you give me specifics?

EDIT:i think i know whats going on here,

lol it was late and i left in goto's that refered to bad places .lol my bad.

but all went fine here cause the script does cheks for said fines,if their not there then the goto indicates to jump to the next resource.it wasint happenign cause i have a real mce wiht all files present to the chek always found the file and never used the goto's.

That's what i was trying to get at is this able to be fixed or should i say is there a way around this and that's why it found xp and worked

If not ill just have to either use mce sp2 or xp sp3 but if i could i would like to be able to use the addon if there is away around as i havent been able to slipstream sp3 to real mce and if you dl sp3 after install all patched theme files ect are obviously changed back to normal ms one

Please advise as to what i can do thanks again

well i completely revamped the mce chek and the way it patches overwrites files.this time no more loops im sure,give me an hour or so(doing testing just to be sure)and ill upload a new build.

edit: taking a bit longer...i screwed up a few things again....

edit: things are uplaoding to rapidshare,ill only be able to post link around 6 oclock

everythign seems to be ok, ithink thers a screen saver issue with mce,so ill need some one to test it please,aslo need people to rest home and mce and see if the theme is changed aswell as wall paper.

Edited by bober

just did my first test with MCE. I'm not sure about the theme/wallpaper. I think the wallpaper is different? it has a rainbow now or something... I dont know I dont use that theme at all. but I definitely do not like the windows type on the welcome screen. just ugly IMO. I also don't even know which version I downloaded anymore either (1.0.10b1) The hashes don't match the ones you posted earlier, but it worked fine 100% with the MCE addon. I dled it at about 3AM EST :P. I'm gonna re-dl for grits and shiggles and give her another go. Want me to report on anything specific? I also have Home so I can test that as well if you'd like, if you tell me what I should be looking for :P.

*added*

just realize you said you cant post the link yet :P

as soon as you post a new one I'll test MCE, I'm kinda lazy about the home tho, it would take me a scrit load of time to test both.

Edited by DyceFreak

• 2 weeks later...

thx for the screenshots, as stated b4 stimpy is currently working on the logo,so if people are wondering,the bitmap from the gui will be subject to change.as for the changelog ill do it 2morow,as well to re-upload b7 witch i cant find the links anymore.(but ill at least try to upload and post the links 2 nite)

XPtsp.v1.0.10b7.exe

XPtsp.v1.0.10b7.addon.rar

Edited by bober