[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

Hi Bober, nice to see that you have been keeping busy! The screenshots of the GUI look fantastic! This is great work ;)

I have finnished modding the control panels, and have fixed the problem with the respatcher not patching ieframe.dll.mui.res, and have tweaked that file a little more too. I have also fixed the missing information in the Copy, Move and delete dialog box, as well as cleaned it up a little.

I have changed your descriptions in the Oeminfogen.bat to show MANUFACTURER=XP

post-8705-1219770027_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stimpy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have another question Bober. I have found a file called wucltui.mui.res, and it is a 0 byte file, and nothing shows in restorator, any ideas what it does? Or is it a currupted file?

Also, the file cleanmgr.exe.res cannot be opened by Restorator, but reshacker opens it fine. Is this file possibly damaged too?

EDIT. Forget my comment about OEMLOGO.BMP not getting replaced, it does with Beta 7. Screenshot updated.

Edited by Stimpy

Looks like we lost part of the discussion again.....

Bober: I pulled the Aero cursors that you posted before we lost yesterday's discussion and have added an option to add them to the XP source. I added an option to add the resources so that updated files can be patched in the future. An option also got added so that the OEM generator would be run. Every change hasn't been implemented in the code yet, but I've updated Page 4 of the screenshots to reflect the new options. There is room for one more option on that page.... (unless I rearrange the page again)

As previously mentioned, the UXTHEME patch has been implemented and tested. Future versions of the UXTHEME file can be easily added to the INI file. I decided to drop the SFC patch since you indicated in yesterday's discussion that it didn't seem to be necessary. It can be easily re-added at some future point if it is determined that it is necessary.

I have added an option to allow these different GUI Setup resolutions: 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x800, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1200, and 2560x1600. Each option is based on Zacam's patches.

Meanwhile, I'll figure something out for the new add-on that the patching program will assemble. Inside it will be the RunOnceEx command for the OEMGEN command if the Aero Cursor and/or Resource Patching is selected. Otherwise, it will be run via SVCPACK (i guess). Will this be OK?

Stimpy: The logo that the GUI uses is 164x314. Ideally, the new logo should be the same size. If this can't be done, please let me know what size the new logo is and I can change the GUI so that it'll work.

Edited by dougiefresh

Jeez what is up with this place! Don't they have any idea how to make regular backups???

I'm fed up with the amount of re-posting I'm having to do lately, just to have it wiped off again!

Dear Stimpy,

I don't mean to be rude, but just for your information:

-I'm paying for the server 70$/month, with the new server I'll pay even more

-I haven't received much donations to help me with my site costs. I also haven't noticed that you have donated.

-My HOST was hacked twice and thus I had to switch over to another hosting company yesterday.

-I admit that I had to to more regular backups, but after first hack I started to do daily backup, but hey, I made a restore from the backup I made the day before!

-I was working on this site 2 times after the hack until 2am and I have to go to work every day, while I also have a small baby in my family.

-I do respect your hard work and contribution to this forum, so please you could also have a little more understanding and respect towards me.

So please, considering that I'm administering this site al by myself and that I'm covering site expenses with the help of some members (respect to them), be patient until we resolve our hosting issues and until everything returns to normal.

Thanks for understanding.

-My HOST was hacked twice and thus I had to switch over to another hosting company yesterday.
That's what I figured happened (- hacked again, I mean). Hopefully, the new server won't have the vunerability that the old server did.

Thanks for the info (as well as the forum), N1K!

Edited by dougiefresh

N1K, I'm sorry for venting my frustrations at this site. I have no idea what has been going on here, other than that you was hacked a little while ago, and I certanly had no idea that you had been hacked again, or that you had changed hosts, as I have not recieved an email saying this. I'm sorry that this is happening to you, and I'm sorry that your trying to cope with this on your own.

My comment were harsh, and I apllogise for that. I was frustrated because I had thoughts & ideas and a link to work I had done dissapear (and this time it's me that is stupid for not backing up the link!!!), and that just got the better of me.

I will donate a little to this place (it would be more, but i'm between jobs at the moment), to help say I'm sorry.

N1K, I'm sorry for venting my frustrations at this site. I have no idea what has been going on here, other than that you was hacked a little while ago, and I certanly had no idea that you had been hacked again, or that you had changed hosts, as I have not recieved an email saying this. I'm sorry that this is happening to you, and I'm sorry that your trying to cope with this on your own.

My comment were harsh, and I apllogise for that. I was frustrated because I had thoughts & ideas and a link to work I had done dissapear (and this time it's me that is stupid for not backing up the link!!!), and that just got the better of me.

I will donate a little to this place (it would be more, but i'm between jobs at the moment), to help say I'm sorry.

No problem bud, I understand you also. I haven't received a new mail notice as people might consider me as spammer :(

I'm also a bit disappointed with this new hosting as some users are complaining that they have lousy ping on the server and that pages are opening slowly. I will go crazy with this hosting companies..

Yeah, I was going to ask about the grey background behind the text.

I also have another bug-report.

Integrated 1.0.10b7 into XP Pro SP3.

After install on real hardware, Boot screen not modified. Standard XP flag-type bootscreen. Install same ISO under VirtualBox works fine.

Weird.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

I tried to report the same problem MrSmartepants, but it got deleted. I think it is an issue with applying an update pack, at least thats what I have found. I asked Bober if he could look in to the problem, but I have no idea if he ever saw my post here.

I tried to report the same problem MrSmartepants, but it got deleted. I think it is an issue with applying an update pack, at least thats what I have found. I asked Bober if he could look in to the problem, but I have no idea if he ever saw my post here.

There should be no more problems from now on..:) Just in case I'm doing daily backups now..

Bober, have a look at these Vista cursors with shadows, as I think its mad to have a mouse pointer set in XP-tsp without them! lol

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...t&id=165265

And regarding your question about the button in the IE download box, I changed it simply because I wanted the cancel button to stand out more, but I can change it back, if you wish? Also I have changed your descriptions in the Oeminfogen.bat to show MANUFACTURER=XP

Edited by Stimpy

people who are getting the boot screen probs,can u chek how many sp*.cab archives u guys have in ure i386 folder.and can you chek in each of them ,plus in the drivers.cab arch, for the kernels and chek if they are all patched.oh and there are 2 by default in the i386 that are simply cabbed(in the archives there are 4)

people who are getting the boot screen probs,can u chek how many sp*.cab archives u guys have in ure i386 folder.and can you chek in each of them ,plus in the drivers.cab arch, for the kernels and chek if they are all patched.oh and there are 2 by default in the i386 that are simply cabbed(in the archives there are 4)

I'm at work, I'll check when I get home.

OK bober, I'm assuming your talking about the IE cancel button? If so, here is the current modified code for the Dialog box... PUSHBUTTON "Cancel", 2, 206, 109, 55, 16, WS_THICKFRAME

Just change it to this to have a normal button... PUSHBUTTON "Cancel", 2, 206, 109, 55, 16

Hope that helps.

Edited by Stimpy