[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the idea, galileo. However, I've already checked into other ways to ID a Home and Pro copy and found this forum thread at MSFN.org. To sum it up, the first 5 digits of the PID are different numbers for different versions AND languages. I have the PIDs for English versions, but the localization problem comes back to bite me because, for example, Czech has 76389 and English has 76487 for XP Pro VLK. Not helpful.... (what I found, I mean!)

I'm going to nLite both a Home and Pro version and see whether the nLited Pro version has any files that the nLited Home doesn't. I think that is going to be the best way to do it, as any other solution will be problematic.... Hopefully, the author of nLite won't figure out how to delete whichever file I select....

EDIT: I've completed the nLite-ing of both OSes, removing everything it would let me. I'm selecting SECEDIT.EX_ as the file to check for if the install is XP Professional. I will try to release another version soon. (I'm not going to use BOOTCFG.EX_ because another add-on that was created adds the program to the install, so a Home Edition with that add-on would be detected as Pro.)

Edited by dougiefresh

Which dialog box Bober? I'm using all but the IE6 one on my own system with no problems at all.

This is what I'm getting in IE7 at the moment.

post-8705-1221203130_thumb.png

EDIT... I have tried 9 different themes, and no problems appear with the IE7 download, or the Copy/Move dialoge either. Strange stuff!

what service pack are you using and what version of the uxtheme.dll hack r you using?

this dialog problem is very weird, i hope more poeple could test and compaire the results.

Edited by bober

Thanks for the idea, galileo. However, I've already checked into other ways to ID a Home and Pro copy and found this forum thread at MSFN.org. To sum it up, the first 5 digits of the PID are different numbers for different versions AND languages. I have the PIDs for English versions, but the localization problem comes back to bite me because, for example, Czech has 76389 and English has 76487 for XP Pro VLK. Not helpful.... (what I found, I mean!)

I'm going to nLite both a Home and Pro version and see whether the nLited Pro version has any files that the nLited Home doesn't. I think that is going to be the best way to do it, as any other solution will be problematic.... Hopefully, the author of nLite won't figure out how to delete whichever file I select....

EDIT: I've completed the nLite-ing of both OSes, removing everything it would let me. I'm selecting SECEDIT.EX_ as the file to check for if the install is XP Professional. I will try to release another version soon. (I'm not going to use BOOTCFG.EX_ because another add-on that was created adds the program to the install, so a Home Edition with that add-on would be detected as Pro.)

about the pids , isint there a list of the difference between langs? cause the setupp.ini way would be the way to go,and the resources for xptsp are in english right now anyways..and ypu could jsut promt the user to enter their xp version if it cannot be determined.

also,this site seems to give a couple other lang pids :

http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Product_IDs...other_languages

Edited by bober

Ok, I've recompiled the archive after making the detection changes and reverting the resources back to batch beta 8. Here it is:

Download Page: XPtsp v1.0.10 beta 10d

MD5: DE0D6DF6C4E3752BD9128496DC9567EB, Size: 28.8mb

Let me know how this works for you.....

EDIT: Tomorrow I'll start on the live system patching code. Hopefully, I'll be able to integrate the new code into the script without many changes.... Off-topic: I've received 203 hits on the download page so far....

Edited by dougiefresh

what service pack are you using and what version of the uxtheme.dll hack r you using?

this dialog problem is very weird, i hope more poeple could test and compaire the results.

Right, Im using SP3, official image from MS, and Ryans 1.01 SP3 update pack. I used Zacams UXTheme patch, and it must be patched, as I'm using Mona's multi theme pack. I have now tried 14 different themes, and none of them mess with the animations, or cuase any problems what so ever with any of my mods. The only one I cant be 100% positive about, is the IE6 download box.

Hey, Bober. Regarding the primary/secondary IDE controller driver issue, I found a file called STORPROP.DLL in the SPx.CAB/DRIVER.CAB file that is being modified. Maybe since the driver is signed, maybe this file is part of the driver? Just a thought.....

stimpy:

can you point me to a link to Mona's multi theme pack.

dougie:

ill finaly be able to test the new gui build, and nice find of the signed dll, ill test without it to see if it dosent cure the problem.

also,the xptsp.inf not being copied to i386 is still happening, but the detection is right on and i just love the iso creation tab!!nice one.

also;i think the files hex edited will be needed to be pe'd.cause setup is complaining that uxtheme.dll canot be copied when infact it is present in 386.so my guess is that the cheksum needs to be reset or something.and the setup.exe is not getting copied over,but the autoplay folder is.when looking at the autoplay folder xp pro and home background images are in the same folder, and within the gui sfx, the default autoplay folder(xp pro)also has home image in it.

and; some select resources have reshacker delete certain sections within a resource.here is a list of resources that need this:

remotepg.dll

%rh% %del% "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", icongroup,,

winntbbu.dll and winntbba.dll

%rh% %del% "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", stringtable,,

and;oem gen dosent seem to be ever launched at all.there still might be a prob with the webm thing.iex is nowhere to be found.but i do not understand why the fix is needed at all and why the problemis happening.also,i find it strange that the uxtheme.dll problem mentioned earlier happened but the system was still patched and seems the file was copied correctly as the theme uppon logon was loaded.

Edited by bober

if i may suggest,try re-doing ure dialog mods but use as current theme the default xp theme.i have found that depending on the current theme used, it does have a wierd impact on the ressource editor ure using and the outcome of the saved res file.

also,just as i thought ,mona is using a hex edit for the uxtheme.dll file in his entries.

[HexEdit]
I386\uxtheme.dll|6.0.2900.2180|113178|83EC1C568D4DE4|33C0C9C2040090
I386\uxtheme.dll|6.0.2900.2523|104714|83EC1C568D4DE4|33C0C9C2040090
I386\uxtheme.dll|6.0.2900.2845|104746|83EC1C568D4DE4|33C0C9C2040090

if you could do a test and remove this section and let either zacams patch or xptsp batch addon version do the hexing and see if it dosent fix the problem.

Edited by bober

After intregrating the XPtsp package, I found XPTSP.IN_ in the I386. So I modified the code so that different values would go in TXTSETUP.SIF. Hopefully it will solve the problem.

UXTHEME.DLL is not being patched correctly by the GUI. The GUI tries to fix the checksum on the compressed file.... not what was desired. So I fixed that.

SETUP.EXE wasn't present in .10d and I fixed the AutoPlay folder so that the XP Pro image is in there, not Home as well.

I had modified the code to read the INI for other stuff needing done. It worked in the uncompiled version, but for some reason, the compiled version is being like a bitchy little girl. So I moved the code back into the script.

OEMGEN doesn't launch? Oh, lord....

WBEM has been fixed (again). Hopefully, this time it will stay fixed! Why does this problem in Setup happen? I'm guessing that it's one of Microsofts "gifts" to those that integrate stuff. Maybe they changed their philosphy to "If you screw with it, you will have more problems! Muh-ha-ha-ha!" (or not...)

EDIT: The new version is available online at my site.

Edited by dougiefresh

I'm guessing that it's one of Microsofts "gifts" to those that integrate stuff. Maybe they changed their philosphy to "If you screw with it, you will have more problems! Muh-ha-ha-ha!" (or not...)

Don't count on it my friend! :)

M$ doesn't enjoy people like us very much.

Keep working on it though. We'll get there in the end.

Good work everyone. Getting closer...

thx for the update will test.

xptsp.inf still not getting copied to i386.

still same prob with uxtheme.dll not being copied correctly.

setup.exe still not getting copied .

edit i may knwo why setup.exe is not getting copyed over,if a file has a read only attribute then one must use the xcopy /r switch .

i will update the batch script to this and unplaod a new version,i ahve also modifyed 1 resfile.so here are the changes:

mmsys.cpl.res:

swaped surround a surrund 5.1 images

xptsp batch:

:setupexe

set name=setup

set ext=exe

echo replacing %name%.%ext%

XCOPY /r /v /y "%xtra%\%name%.%ext%" "%name%.%ext%" >nul

MD AutoPlay >nul

XCOPY /S /Y "%xtra%\AutoPlay" "AutoPlay" >nul

Edited by bober

Update to Last Post: Installed on Virtual PC and have found the WBEM problem has come up again. Have verified that the WBEM fix is in place.

EDIT: Have looked at code. WBEM fix is in place, but in wrong order. Gonna fix it now.

Edited by dougiefresh

thx amnesia, will include.

dougie i dont know if you have red my last post on page 17...

also ill be adding the power res file that amnesia posted,plz include.

urgh... gonna have to add soemthign to the batch...and possibly is gonna have to be added to the gui code,

seems nr's ie7 addon cabs certains files instead of just leaving them in i386.

so we will need to extract NR_IE7en.cab patch the file and re cab..shouldint be that hard btu i jsut found out why ie7's ieframe.mui wasint getting patched.

Edited by bober

I have tried b7 and b8 on a xp resouce that integrated sp3,RyanVM_SP3_updatepack1.01,wmp11,IE7,

this picture not pathched on the right of clock at windows date and time properties

http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=desktop10sb1.jpg

and which one have more stuff to replace between batch patcher and gui patcher?

just want say thank you, it give my xp a goodlook and make me sit more hours around my pc

********************************************************************************

Correct my post ,That pic on the right of clock wont being shown If the standards and formats set to chinese at regional and languages options,so funny.

********************************************************************************

Edited by bjfrog

Bober: :D I just completed a successful XPtsp'ized XP install. :o No errors! Who-Hoo! :P I've got MrNxDmx's IE7 add-ons downloaded and will examine later today to add necessary code, as well as the other stuff you mentioned! Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: No new versions of the GUI have been uploaded yet. Please be patient! Thanks!

bjfrog: The only difference between batch and GUI that I'm aware of is cursors. I'm trying to stay matched with the batch file on the resources.

Edited by dougiefresh

tried this, but got irritated by the oem info it displays down in system info.

can this be avoided or removed?

Thank you

open addon.rar and edit entries.ini and remove this section:

[AddProgram]

addrunonceexe.bat

Hi there,

I'm trying to make my own theme patcher based on this one, for french version. I just saw some strang things in sysdm.cpl.res: all resource that are not modified in this file should not be included. Same thing applies to every other resources files, but I can't check them all.

Here is the modified version

Kal

EDIT : in resource Dialog 101, I don't like the : "Customized By:/XP-tsp Version:". We know you want to be famous, but comon, it doesn't really look professional :pirate:

Edited by Kal

Hi there,

I'm trying to make my own theme patcher based on this one, for french version. I just saw some strang things in sysdm.cpl.res: all resource that are not modified in this file should not be included. Same thing applies to every other resources files, but I can't check them all.

Here is the modified version

Kal

EDIT : in resource Dialog 101, I don't like the : "Customized By:/XP-tsp Version:". We know you want to be famous, but comon, it doesn't really look professional :pirate:

Kal, please check the topic in the staff lounge and upload your file to our new server, since qcom will soon be shut down.

Thx