[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

Bober: I got the batch beta 11 and will include in next GUI release. Thanks for the info about the WINNTBB?.DLL and WINNT32?.DLL files. I got the updated INI from your last post and have included it. I located a few more files via Yahoo and that web site you listed. (Can't seem to figure out MCE stuff and BLISS.JPG....)

Why did IEFRAME.DLL.MUI get compressed when it's not compressed in the CAB? Well, in my haste, I forgot to change the file extension on the right side of equal sign. Last character of _ in a filename on right side of equal sign tells the script to compress the file. I also included that other file in the IE7 section that I apparently missed.

EDIT: I'll add the lines you specified for the logonui file to the patcher.... Oh, WMM2RES.DLL doesn't come from Rick's Easy Transfer add-on. I got it from the Vista Movie Maker add-on....

Gorki: That's not actually an error... :unsure: I took the version number from the Vista Movie Maker add-on. I guess I assumed that the later version might not need to be modded.... my bad. I've removed the line under "NoPatch.ByVersion" for the next release. Let me know if it needs to be added again....

EDIT: Any other problems/troubles that you've had? I'd like to know if you've encountered any! Thanks!

Everybody: For some dumb reason, I'm having a hell of a time keeping stuff working while I'm getting other code fleshed out. It's probably because I'm tired and it's the end of the day for me.... So I want to apologize to everybody for the GUI problems. Hopefully, this last update will resolve these last few problems... Thanks for all of your assistance with testing the GUI! I appreciate it. (No, really, I do!)

Edited by dougiefresh

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated version to match batch beta 11. Here it is:

Download link: XPtsp v1.0.10b11 GUI

MD5: AC21355E5A36895E10D3ACE94AEB952F, Size: 31.2mb

What's Changed in GUI:

- Updated resources to match batch beta 11.

- Added 1 more file to NR_IE7 section of XPtsp.ini.

- Found destinations for more files for Live System Patching.

- Removed WMM2RES.DLL version check from XPtsp.ini under "NoPatch.ByVersion".

- Added new code to correctly handle LOGONUI.EXE editing.

Edited by dougiefresh

yes but it wont del the strings/bmps/uifile lines etc that it dosent need.

As I said : all these resources are overwritten :

• There's only one UIFILE (id 1000) - will be overwritten
  • All bitmaps in original logonui.exe are in logonui.exe.res, so they will be all overwritten
  • One string table - will be overwritten

It doesn't hurt to remove them as you do, it's just a wast of time.

Anyways, there's some typo mistakes in your new cmd file, one more reason to not delete these resources ;)

%rh% %del% "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", String Table,,

Should be :

%rh% %del% "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", stringtable,,

Kal

Edited by Kal

gorki are you using, ricks Windows Easy Transfer addon?

Nope,sine I don't have any benefits from it.

Gorki: That's not actually an error... :unsure: I took the version number from the Vista Movie Maker add-on. I guess I assumed that the later version might not need to be modded.... my bad. I've removed the line under "NoPatch.ByVersion" for the next release. Let me know if it needs to be added again....

EDIT: Any other problems/troubles that you've had? I'd like to know if you've encountered any! Thanks!

I anticipated that but I was curious why are they displayed as errors in logs. I believe there are one or two errors that I did not print screen recorded. I'll check with latest version and see how it goes and report back. :)

EDIT: I just tried latest b11 gui patch,and It still breaks my install. :huh:

Edited by Gorki

Just found a bug in wpd_ci.dll.res. This one breaks Mobile Device autoplay window. Indeed, if we don't hack this dll, here is the autoplay window that should popup when you connact a Mobile Device :

autoplayfracorrectgm4.th.png

But if we hack it, this window will never popup and thus will break Device Mobile support. Indeed, we will get this window each time you boot windows, and it will always file to install drivers :

wpdcibugbr9.th.png

So, now we need to know why wpd_ci.dll.res corrupts wpd_ci.dll. Is it because you removed 4 bits icons or because you dropped 128x128/200x200/256x256 icons, or because indexes are wrong ?

wpd_ci.dll comes with WMP11 and already contains the same icons as in wpd_ci.dll.res, so we don't need to hack it. But it's interesting to know the reason of this bug. If it's because of 4 bits removal, then I do advise you to re-add all those 4 bits icons. It doesn't hurt and there's a reason for microsoft to include them. And we really don't care about space saving.

Cheers,

Kal

Edited by Kal

Arg, by removing all those 4bits icons,icons indexes are wrong in certains file, such as audiodev.dll... You should never do that :(

2 Kal

it's not because 4 bits icons, it's a bug with Restorator, if it was used to add-remove icons in .res file. if U add-remove

icons on an actual file, then save them to .res, it's different... try and see this audiodev.dll.res

i guess, i was wrong... :blink:

Edited by amnesia

I anticipated that but I was curious why are they displayed as errors in logs. I believe there are one or two errors that I did not print screen recorded. I'll check with latest version and see how it goes and report back. :)

EDIT: I just tried latest b11 gui patch,and It still breaks my install. :huh:

What add-ons are you integrating into your XP source? XP version? Service Pack? Anything else I need to know (like what breaks...)?

EDIT: Or what you're encountering?

Edited by dougiefresh

What add-ons are you integrating into your XP source? XP version? Service Pack? Anything else I need to know (like what breaks...)?

EDIT: Or what you're encountering?

Many addons...list is way too long and old. I'm not sure what exactly breaks it but I don't have that problem when I use batch patcher. That is why I asked you in the first place (what are the differences between those two).

Problem is that something breaks install and many addon don't get installed thus WMP experience problem applying some settings on first logon (errors). I repeat ALL this problems are unknown when I use batch...

Just found a bug in wpd_ci.dll.res. This one breaks Mobile Device autoplay window. Indeed, if we don't hack this dll, here is the autoplay window that should popup when you connact a Mobile Device :

autoplayfracorrectgm4.th.png

But if we hack it, this window will never popup and thus will break Device Mobile support. Indeed, we will get this window each time you boot windows, and it will always file to install drivers :

wpdcibugbr9.th.png

So, now we need to know why wpd_ci.dll.res corrupts wpd_ci.dll. Is it because you removed 4 bits icons or because you dropped 128x128/200x200/256x256 icons, or because indexes are wrong ?

wpd_ci.dll comes with WMP11 and already contains the same icons as in wpd_ci.dll.res, so we don't need to hack it. But it's interesting to know the reason of this bug. If it's because of 4 bits removal, then I do advise you to re-add all those 4 bits icons. It doesn't hurt and there's a reason for microsoft to include them. And we really don't care about space saving.

Cheers,

Kal

so the default auto play isint affected, only for portable devices?this dosent include usb keys?

also for logonui thx(i will edit the batch file to fix the space i added), but we truly DO need to erase the edited sections,ive done many tests and its a no go if i dont proceed this way.as for 4 bit icons...urgh i dunno if i have the will to go thru each and every res....since you are able to reproduce the error could you please test patching the original file with a res that contains the 4 bit icons ,and while ure at it,also test ure resolution theory,this would help me alot.thx

-but this brings me to an other question, why arent other things affected by this?there are tons of other resourses that affect driver dlls and such,the only other similar problem is the prompt of the ide channel on first boot that me and dougie have experianced,but opther than that i cant say ive had any other problem. so

we really must find out exactly the source of the problem.

dougie; whats the problem with mce and bliss?

Edited by bober

Gorki: What exactly are you experiencing? I can't help if you don't supply information. "It breaks the install" simply isn't enough information. "Such-and-such file is missing" is much more helpful.... Meanwhile, I'll look at the script and the XPtsp.ini to see if there is something I missed. Thanks!

EDIT: Hold on, I reread your post right after I posted this. Sounds like the add-on INF isn't there.... Can you verify that XPTSP.IN_ and XPTSP.CAB is present in the XP source folder? Is the error you're encountering something like "XPtsp.inf isn't present on the CD"?

EDIT2: I'm rerunning the patcher to see if there is something wrong. Everything tested fine, but that was before I added the fonts (which shouldn't cause a prob)....

Bober: I don't know where to put the MCBLISS.JPG and BLISS.JPG files. I can locate a BLISS.BMP file (which is in %WINDIR%\Web\Wallpaper), but that doesn't help me....

EDIT: Looked at the source for the XPize installer system and found a proggie to convert JPG images to BMP format! Solved!

Edited by dougiefresh

so the default auto play isint affected, only for portable devices?this dosent include usb keys?

also for logonui thx(i will edit the batch file to fix the space i added), but we truly DO need to erase the edited sections,ive done many tests and its a no go if i dont proceed this way.as for 4 bit icons...urgh i dunno if i have the will to go thru each and every res....since you are able to reproduce the error could you please test patching the original file with a res that contains the 4 bit icons ,and while ure at it,also test ure resolution theory,this would help me alot.thx

-but this brings me to an other question, why arent other things affected by this?there are tons of other resourses that affect driver dlls and such,the only other similar problem is the prompt of the ide channel on first boot that me and dougie have experianced,but opther than that i cant say ive had any other problem. so

we really must find out exactly the source of the problem.

dougie; whats the problem with mce and bliss?

Ok I just made the some testing without High res icons and 4 bits : everything is working. So, the only reason because your res files corrupts wpd_ci.dll is because icon indexes are wrong : they begin at "4" instead of "1". The original wpd_ci.dll.res found in last version of V'ISO doesn't have this bug, so that let me think that bug appeared when you removed 4 bits icons. It changed indexes value of icons for some files, and now weird things happen. Could you please tell me what is the bug about ide device prompt?

If you can go back to res files with 4 bits icons, that would keep us for these kinds of bugs.

Kal

Edited by Kal

hi

regarding on what I wrote here I managed to fix my problem which was in Shellstyle.dll (blue_ss.dll from the pack)

greenxp3.th.jpg

all I did was to change in UIFILE \ 1

background: rcbmp(120,6,0,0,0,1,0);
borderthickness: rect(4,4,4,4);
padding: rect(4rp,4rp,0rp,0rp);

into

background: rcbmp(120,5,0,0,0,1,0);
borderthickness: rect(8,2,8,2);
padding: rect(1rp,1rp,1rp,1rp);

if U like it black I could give U one

blackgm1.th.jpg

ok kal ,like i said,ill eventually repalce them,me and amnesia had agrred a while abck that it was safe to remove the 4 bit icons,but seems its now breaking stuff.

dougie,ithink the setup renames it....but im not sure let me investigate.

%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\Royale\Energy Bliss.jpg

kaylar:when i set my resolution to 1680x1050 ,i have no such problem. but thx anyways, i hope this info helps any one else.

dougie,i found a vbs script to generate the oem info,which can also gen a hradware profile and much more, its very intresting,ill show it to you 2moral or soemthing.

Edited by bober

Gorki: What exactly are you experiencing? I can't help if you don't supply information. "It breaks the install" simply isn't enough information. "Such-and-such file is missing" is much more helpful.... Meanwhile, I'll look at the script and the XPtsp.ini to see if there is something I missed. Thanks!

EDIT: Hold on, I reread your post right after I posted this. Sounds like the add-on INF isn't there.... Can you verify that XPTSP.IN_ and XPTSP.CAB is present in the XP source folder? Is the error you're encountering something like "XPtsp.inf isn't present on the CD"?

EDIT2: I'm rerunning the patcher to see if there is something wrong. Everything tested fine, but that was before I added the fonts (which shouldn't cause a prob)....

Thanks for looking it out. I run patch once more and noticed that you are right. Actually I did have message "XPtsp.inf isn't present on the CD" way back but that is history. I double checked for XPTSP.IN_ and XPTSP.CAB on my source folder after patching and guess what? XPTSP.CAB is missing :o ,and XPTSP.IN_ is present. Dang I never thought this could went wrong...

And other thing I forget to mention last time ...

Ok, I've integrated these add-ons into my clean XP Home OEM SP3 source:

- 5er_KB893056_SP3_Addon.7z

- CyberVistaBootScreen(KB944092)_AddOn.7z

- DirectX_9.0c_End-User_Runtime_AddOn_0.5.1_-_redxii.7z

- ENU_MovieMaker_2.6_Addon.7z

- NR_WBEM_Fix_AddOn_v1.1.7z

- OnePiece_IE7_WinXPSP3_v2.3.0_AddOn_ENU.7z

- OnePiece_Windows_Media_Player_11_True_AddOn_v1.2.0_ENU.7z

- PatchAddon_TCPIP_100_v14a.7z

- PatchAddon_UXTHEME_v14a.7z

- PatchAddon_XPRAID5_v14.7z

- RVMAddonsWGAN_1.8.31.0.7z

- RVMUpdatePackSP3_1.0.1.7z

- Bober101_MultiCore_AddOn.rar

- ENU_Addons_BVProSvcDescriptions_SP3.zip

Then I patched that install with the GUI of XPtsp. I confirmed before attempting installation that XPtsp.CAB and XPtsp.INF are created and added correctly. I then ran it in a Virtual PC machine, with no installation problems apparent thru GUI Setup.

Since your install is missing XPTSP.CAB, I made a small change to the script to force it to put the new cab in the script folder during creation, then transfer to I386 folder. I also altered the notification function for Page 5 so that it outputs a log in the XP source folder, named XPtsp.log. I'll upload shortly.

EDIT: MIGWIZ.EXE version 6.0.6001.18000 or higher triggers this message. Rick's Vista Easy Transfer Wizard add-on contains this file. The file has different resources than the one that comes with XP, so Rick mentioned that the file should be excluded from the patch if it was found, which is what I've done.

Edited by dougiefresh

Download: XPtsp v1.0.10b11a GUI

MD5: 4AEE540827F811799E7B280B528E1997, Size: 31.2mb

Bober: Found some info online about a problem with BLISS.BMP, how it can't be selected on XP Embedded because it wasn't installed. Article gave steps on how to remedy, including selecting image and saving as a BMP. This seems to indicate that Setup actually converts the BLISS.JPG to BLISS.BMP, instead of renaming it....

EDIT: Tried renaming the BLISS.JPG file and placing in %WinDir%\Web\Wallpaper as BLISS.BMP. Doesn't work...

Edited by dougiefresh

bober: Exactly.

Changed host to geocities.

unresizedcopy.jpg

what version of xptsp r u using? cause this seems like an old problem, i switched my theme to classic and i dont have this problem.can you confirm this is the same dialog as when you normally copy paste items .so jsut test copy pasting any big item so you ahve the chance to see the animation and compair,thx.

also what xptsp are you using ? the manual patcher? the addon?the gui?

and it would help to know what build is the xp ure using,and what version of the uxtheme.dll patch ure also using if you havint used the addon or gui.

Edited by bober