[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

Download: XPtsp v1.0.10b11a GUI

MD5: 4AEE540827F811799E7B280B528E1997, Size: 31.2mb

Bober: Found some info online about a problem with BLISS.BMP, how it can't be selected on XP Embedded because it wasn't installed. Article gave steps on how to remedy, including selecting image and saving as a BMP. This seems to indicate that Setup actually converts the BLISS.JPG to BLISS.BMP, instead of renaming it....

EDIT: Tried renaming the BLISS.JPG file and placing in %WinDir%\Web\Wallpaper as BLISS.BMP. Doesn't work...

hum ,have you tried putting the the image int he same folder as the theme?

oww i get what ure saying now,some systems that have ben limited or that have ben gp-edited,only allow desktop pictures to be in bmp format.but what version of windows are you ahve this problem with?

Edited by bober

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what version of xptsp r u using? cause this seems like an old problem, i switched my theme to classic and i dont have this problem.can you confirm this is the same dialog as when you normally copy paste items .so jsut test copy pasting any big item so you ahve the chance to see the animation and compair,thx.

also what xptsp are you using ? the manual patcher? the addon?the gui?

and it would help to know what build is the xp ure using,and what version of the uxtheme.dll patch ure also using if you havint used the addon or gui.

Copy dialog in Windows is OK; it looks like when we copy from mobile device (nokia phone in this case) some other dialog is used;

i'm using the manual patcher, xptsp XPtsp.v1.0.10b11batch.exe, Win XP pro sp3

Download: XPtsp v1.0.10b11a GUI

MD5: 4AEE540827F811799E7B280B528E1997, Size: 31.2mb

Bober: Found some info online about a problem with BLISS.BMP, how it can't be selected on XP Embedded because it wasn't installed. Article gave steps on how to remedy, including selecting image and saving as a BMP. This seems to indicate that Setup actually converts the BLISS.JPG to BLISS.BMP, instead of renaming it....

EDIT: Tried renaming the BLISS.JPG file and placing in %WinDir%\Web\Wallpaper as BLISS.BMP. Doesn't work...

hum ,have you tried putting the the image int he same folder as the theme?

Setup actually converts the BLISS.JPG to BLISS.BMP and it should be in %WinDir%\Web\Wallpaper as BLISS.BMP after install.

@dougiefresh: try to convert bliss.jpg in bliss.bmp and not just renaming it.

Edited by Kaylar

what do you mean?but im prety sure the win setup picks em up anyways even if cabbed,this way were sure thers only one file present and is patched one,cause if both are present the uncabbed 1 will get picked up instead.the script patches them and looks for any uncabbed versions and deletes them.

I am using XP SP3 and XPtsp v1.0.10b11 Batch, which is the latest version for now. I patch the cd after unattended with nlite.

Here is it for the copy comparison shown on the screenshot. => http://www.geocities.com/alexander3133/copy_comparison.JPG

Move comparison as well => http://www.geocities.com/alexander3133/move_comparison.JPG

Above is the normal copy/move and below is the copy/move from Nokia phone to computer.

The last one also, when I delete all the browing history in the internet explorer properties. => http://www.geocities.com/alexander3133/delete_temp.JPG

I think this is somehow related to temporarily folder, from what I know, when you want to copy something from Nokia phone to computer via PC Suite File Manager, the software will copy the file to somewhere in temporarily folder first then only copy to the location you want. Same case goes to move and also when you delete something from temporarily internet files folder.

Found a bug in each.

In XPtsp.v1.0.10b11batch.exe, if there is no "setup.exe" at root of destination folder, batch file halts at "Replacing setup.exe".

Creating a dummy .txt file and renaming it "setup.exe" fixes the problem.

I simply cannot get XPtsp_v1.0.10b11a_GUI.exe to work. It seems to integrate fine into my source, but the resulting ISO is broken. When booting into VM (VirtualBox), you get to the 'format drive' option, the drive formats, then fails at the txtsetup filecopy stage with "CDROM drive cannot be read" error.

No worries mate, i made an auto setup if you want it :

34gkmq9.jpg

For it to work just plonk the tools folder from support folder in i386

orbit30;well im currently using mona's autoruns.but thx anyways.

I am using XP SP3 and XPtsp v1.0.10b11 Batch, which is the latest version for now. I patch the cd after unattended with nlite.

AlexTan; are you patching ure source files with xptsp AFTER any addons and update packs?

Found a bug in each.

In XPtsp.v1.0.10b11batch.exe, if there is no "setup.exe" at root of destination folder, batch file halts at "Replacing setup.exe".

Creating a dummy .txt file and renaming it "setup.exe" fixes the problem.

thx will fix.

Edited by bober

Stimpy: Hey, any progress creating a logo for the GUI? Just wondering.... Thanks!

Gorki: Have you tried the v1.0.10b11a release of the GUI yet?

Kaylar: Bober suggested here that BLISS.BMP might be renamed, instead of converted. I tried that, it didn't work.

Mr_Smartepants: I will add an option to use Mkisofs instead of Cdimage. Hopefully, that will solve this particular problem...

Bober: Huh, I haven't had a problem just plopping the BLISS.JPG file into the %WinDir%\Web\Wallpaper folder. I want to replace each file correctly, and since BLISS.JPG isn't on the system and BLISS.BMP is, I didn't know if there was a different way. Anyway, I found a proggie to convert JPG files to BMP files, so there's no problem there.

Can you update first post to reflect v1.0.10b11a release of the GUI? Thanks!

Mr_Smartepants: I will add an option to use Mkisofs instead of Cdimage. Hopefully, that will solve this particular problem...

I don't use the gui to build the ISO. After the batch/gui patch, I run DriverPacks Base, then I build the ISO with RVMI. I have no problems with these steps if I omit the gui. Batch works fine except for my bug report above.

Is there an unfinished task during the 'build ISO' phase in gui?

Oh, one other thing. On the user login page, what's with the "EN" button on the bottom left of the screen? That wasn't there before (and does nothing when clicked).

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

Oh, one other thing. On the user login page, what's with the "EN" button on the bottom left of the screen? That wasn't there before (and does nothing when clicked).

its from the new logonui rick linked to, im not sure but i think it displays the current language.i thought it looked kinda cool.

No worries mate, i made an auto setup if you want it :

34gkmq9.jpg

For it to work just plonk the tools folder from support folder in i386

This one is really nice mate. I like it better than this one. Colors are sweet. ^_^Windows Vista ^XP :w00t: LOL!

Could you please upload it somewhere if it's not much trouble? :)