[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

ill prolly be uploading a new release in an hour or so.

edited files:

setupapi.dll.res

xptsp.bat >>fixed the del stringtable line in logonui and removed the cabbing of all winnt*.dll files,batch now renames readme.htm to readmesp.htm

Edited by bober

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the main difference is that the addon can patch uxtheme.dll file which is responsible for displaying custom themes.it also edits hivesys.inf. but id realy suggest you yousing the addon version and integrate it with rvmi.

Gorki and Mr_Smartepants: In the GUI, I managed to reproduce a situation that produces no CAB files. The destination folder had spaces in the name. I'm going to try to fix the script so that this bug is squashed. I'm going to wait for Bober's release to release my next update, so it will probably be tomorrow.

EDIT: Gorki, the MIGWIZ.EXE message was incorrect. I tested the code on original SP3 copy of the file. Test was positive for the "NoPatch.ByVersion" check. It should have been negative. The next release will fix the script in regards to the improper detection.

Edited by dougiefresh

Yeah. I'm going to use your version number as mine. If there is GUI code improvements or changes, I'll change my version number with letters (v1.0.10b11a). That way everybody is clear on what version of the resolution files each contains.

EDIT: Wha.... hold on! It's your thread, you're the person releasing the package. I'm just trying to develop the GUI for it, keeping the resources the same as the batch file! I'll follow your lead on version numbers, however, if GUI changes come out between batch releases, I'll modify my version number with letters, like I mentioned before this edit.

So, just to be clear: When you release v1.0.10b11, I'll release the same. Improvements in the GUI that occur between batch versions will get letters attached (ex: v1.0.10b11a). I hope that clears what I meant up! I never meant to control the version numbers in any way!

Edited by dougiefresh

well since ive alredy edited everything and my files are named b11a on the servers ,ill leave it at b11a for the time being but next rel will be only numbers for me and ill continue like i originaly did.you can continue incrementing by letters if you update between releases.

ok this is really off-topic but its sooo funny:

arnold is a camel hater.

edit: lolol seems he's a horse hater too...i think its become a habit for him to hit 4 legged animals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws1NUvtO74E

lol one last 1,lol arnold biting a vulture;

Edited by bober

winnt32u.dll is deleted

change the line set com=DLL to set com=DL_

:winnt32u
set name=winnt32u
set ext=dll
set big=WINNT32U
set com=DLL
if exist "i386\%big%.%com%" %xp% "i386\%big%.%com%" "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%" >nul
if exist "i386\%big%.%com%" Del "i386\%big%.%com%" >nul
if not exist "i386\%big%.%com%" set com=DLL
if exist "i386\%big%.%com%" %cp% "i386\%big%.%com%" "%tmp%\%big%.%com%" >nul
if not exist "i386\%big%.%com%" goto winsrv
%rh% %ao% "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%res%\%name%.%ext%.res",,,&echo patching %name%.%ext%
%pe% -c %tmp%\%name%.%ext% >nul
%cp% /v /y "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%" "i386\%big%.%com%" >nul

Edited by Kaylar

Hmm, icon 260 in shell32.res contains only 16x16 resolution wheras the one in V'ISO b8.2.1 contains high res. Is it wanted or is it another bug introduced by removing 4bits icons ?

Kal

EDIT : Same thing for icon 265. I can't chem them all but I'm afraid there's a lot of cases like that :s

EDIT 2 : icon 36/38 res 48x48 are gone too...

EDIT 3 : icon 38, in addition to loose 48x48 res, is only avalaible in 8 bits. Why did you remove these 4bits icons :(

Edited by Kal

Bober, if you need/want to use letters as well, that's your choice. Don't let me stop you. ^_^;):P

well ill use letters for minor fixes,typoes and stuff liek that.

kal,

seriously i dont know/remember why certain icon res have ben omited.

again when i have the time ill try to fix this.If you want to do it meanwhile ure welcome to do so.

Edited by bober

well i dont have the missing res and bit depth icons. everything in the pack IS in the pack.

edit: i was thinking of getting them from the viso package where 90% them comes from there anyways.

Edited by bober

well ya i know,thats why im saying its gonna take a very long time to find the missing resolutions and bit depths and copying them from viso 1 by one,and not replace the whole resource itself.if it were easier id have done it by now....like i said,eventually ill come around and do it but i dont know when.

adding the 4 bit icons is real easy ,its the 48x resolutions that are going to be a pain.and im not sure if the bit depths are gonna be in the right order once re added...ill have to do soem compairing as well.im prety sure not all the resources have ben edited, alot of them still are untouched from viso ...so reorganising them by date should help to skip a few.

Edited by bober

my main concern is the subtile changes i have brought to the resources and might not be visible or apparent ,and that after afew tests some resoruces are way off or something,but i guess it wont be that bad.oh and btw some viso resources were problematic,so its not as if we were replaicng the resources with 'good old ones'.ill have to ask amnesia if he remembers the list of the resources he removed the 4bit icons from.

i jsut remembered he posted the modified pack over on the viso thread...so once its found we can prety much pinpoint which resources have ben stripped of the 4 bit icons.

Edited by bober

Which viso resources were problematic?

Anyway, url.dll.res corrupts icon for .url files : no icon ; maybe because I have IE7 slipstreamed and that this res is used for IE6.

EDIT : about url.dll file, it seems it's a IE7 bug.

Edited by Kal