[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Amnesia could help out with the list of files that he removed the 4Bit icons from, maybe that would help us check the remaining resources faster.

Must learn to read every responce!!! lol

Edited by Stimpy

2 Kal

how often do you run in 16 color mode ? sure, 4-bits were included by MS for compatibility... but are they being used, now ? :g:

only in some rare cases like regedit.exe. it could be easier to fix problematic ones... personally, i see everything running fine without 4-bits :D

Edited by amnesia

GUI Version 1.0.10b11b has been released. I'm pretty sure I fixed the CAB building code. So please test this and give me some feedback. Thanks! Link is in first post leading to my website.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. I updated the resources to match batch v1.0.10b11b....

Edited by dougiefresh

bober have you edited the user32.dll to use aero cursors and added reg to apply them ;) you doing a great job here bro, loving it... ;)

I might do my own yet... :D

I like your shell32.dll but i changed the AVI'S to none text (copying,deleteing,moveing..) i think it looks a lot nicer?

Edited by orbit30

bober have you edited the user32.dll to use aero cursors and added reg to apply them ;) you doing a great job here bro, loving it... ;)

I might do my own yet... :D

I like your shell32.dll but i changed the AVI'S to none text (copying,deleteing,moveing..) i think it looks a lot nicer?

well i find the current avis with writing are nice.

about user32.dll,there is an issue where it breaks the setup.so users have reported not being able to boot of the cd and stuff like that.so i removed the cursors.Dougie's gui has them and are added addon style so i might add them to the batch addon.

dougie:i dont know if you have the time to pack me the cursors in the gui so i can add them tot he batch addon?thx

aslo i was testign the new gui and after patching files in sp3,the installer halts and prompts a message saying;

---------------------------

XP Theme Script Patcher

ERROR: Did not find newly created "SP3.CAB"!

OK

Edited by bober

If you can convert the ani to cur (which is very easy) it will look nicer during setup. It can be done for cur ani to be ani during setup. I f you want it ?

Man this is strange my ani no animated (stationary) :(

Edited by orbit30

well thats the point, cur arent animated cursors,they are as a still image.

and liek i said,users have reported strange stuff and once i have removed the curs from the user32 res things seemed to be fixed.maybe it was just the curs i was using,i dunno.

GUI Version 1.0.10b11b has been released. I'm pretty sure I fixed the CAB building code. So please test this and give me some feedback. Thanks! Link is in first post leading to my website.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. I updated the resources to match batch v1.0.10b11b....

Ok here is the situation at 86% of progress.

erroraf7.png

Previously integrated WMP11 (and hotfixes) with WMP Slipstreamer.

Edited by Gorki

2 Kal

how often do you run in 16 color mode ? sure, 4-bits were included by MS for compatibility... but are they being used, now ? :g:

only in some rare cases like regedit.exe. it could be easier to fix problematic ones... personally, i see everything running fine without 4-bits :D

The problem is not removing those 4bits icons, it's the way you made it. I don't know how you did, but it created a lot of weird things in some res files, you can get their names in my previous posts. For some, it changed icon id, for others, and that's worst, it removed some high res icons.

Cheers,

Kal

:o:blink: Damn it! I thought I fixed that! :blink: I'm gonna use CABARC to build the fricken CAB files, since MAKECAB doesn't want to work outside my computer.

EDIT: Sorry, I've been having a difficult time with this patching program. It's funny.... I've never had a problem with CABARC, but I can't make MAKECAB work properly, no matter how I code it. I've looked at the batch file and my script does things basically the same way. Yet, the batch file works and the AutoIt script doesn't. I've gotten really fustrated with this....

EDIT2: Uploaded v1.0.10b11c. Rewrote entire CAB building function to utilize CABARC instead of MAKECAB.... Please test and let me know how this one goes....

Edited by dougiefresh

I reuploaded the latest version after realizing that certain files had been moved by the script. So it should be available now.

And no, I hadn't tried Vista's MAKECAB. Like I said, I got fustrated and rewrote that function to use a program I knew would work. It may be a little extreme, but hey, hopefully it'll work this time... If it doesn't, I don't know what I'm going to do. I really don't....

ok ill test it right away if i can,i have to leave in a few minutes.

well all cabs seem to have ben build correctly, ill leave a virtual install do its work while im gone.but i do like the progress bar that CABARC is giving.good work.

altho 1 problem arrises when trying to build the iso,-1 array variable error or something.ill build it manualy and start the install.

edit:i think we may have a winner,txt setup passed flawlessly,ill let you know when i come back for the remainder of the setup process.

Edited by bober

CABARC is a command-line program. It doesn't open any windows. The progress bar you see is the script parsing the output of the program.

About time that the script works correctly! :P I look forward to reading the results. I'm going to bed, now. Nite-nite!

2 Kal

please, check original shell32, there are no 48x48 in the above mentioned icons ... :o

You're merely right : my bad. I was doing the comparison between your and latest V'ISO build, not original files. I will do this from now. Thanks for your help, it's appreciated dude ;)

Kal