[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

And if amnesia make these files (zipfldr.dll, fldrclnr.dll, fxswrzd.dll, mmcndmgr.dll, mstsc.dll, photowiz.dll, regwizc.dll, sti_ci.dll, syncui.dll, wab32.dll) like others for us.

Your and my xptsp will have perfect view.

Beucase ı cheked all almost all bmps, these are all diffrent and ordinary...

Thanks again...

Edited by ALtF4

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

updates

appwiz.cpl.res fixed gifs in html section of .res file

+ updated photowiz.dll.res, sti_ci.dll.res, syncui.dll.res, wab32res.dll.res, zipfldr.dll.res

(these are the ones i can find resources for)

http://www.rapidspread.com/file.jsp?id=ygl2dl1d2l

2 ALtF4

U may want to double check LangIDs on bitmaps in xpsp2res.dll and appwiz.cpl. r they Turkish ?

edit:

there are double gifs in appwiz.cpl after patching, but, i don't think it's a major issue :g:

Edited by amnesia

updates

appwiz.cpl.res fixed gifs in html section of .res file

+ updated photowiz.dll.res, sti_ci.dll.res, syncui.dll.res, wab32res.dll.res, zipfldr.dll.res

(these are the ones i can find resources for)

http://www.rapidspread.com/file.jsp?id=ygl2dl1d2l

2 ALtF4

U may want to double check LangIDs on bitmaps in xpsp2res.dll and appwiz.cpl. r they Turkish ?

yes ı did mate.

altf4;

in case you havint noticed the files you were looking for in the add remove pannel are in appwiz.cpl.res ..

- "VISO Live" was meant to be run on live system. To run "Live" :

(extract "V'ISO" or "XPtsp", add batches from "VISO.Live.*.rar", start "1Copy.bat").

After patching, system will restart ...

VISO.Live.1.7.rar

- fixed copying of wab32.dll, wab32res.dll from-to "%PROGRAMFILES%\Common Files\System"

are you disabeling sfc or anything in ure script?

and also :

"there are double gifs in appwiz.cpl after patching, but, i don't think it's a major issue "

this is a result of an older res that was adding the gif files witht he wrong names,when patching on the original cpl file all is ok.

to all:

im uploading the updated release to match the files amnesia posted.

Edited by bober

Uploaded version 1.0.10b13 of the GUI. Resources updated to match batch v1.0.10b13 and logo changed to a more generic version of previous logo.

Gorki: I appreciate all of the replies that you and others gave. It helped to fix the GUI version. Thanks! And don't feel guilty.... Beta testers return bug reports about what's wrong with the software. It's the developer's job (Me!) to fix the software. Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by dougiefresh

are you disabeling sfc or anything in ure script?

2 bober

would it be sufficient to add these registry settings to the batch ?

Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "SfcDisable" /t REG_DWORD /d 4294967197 /F >nul
Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "SfcQuota" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /F >nul
Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "SFCScan" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /F >nul
Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "SFCShowProgress" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /F >nul

Bober: Here ya go: Cursors and Fonts add-on. Just drop these files into your add-on and the cursors and Segoe UI fonts will be included.

EDIT: I modified the Entries_XPtsp.ini at the end to include the necessary lines for the Integrator to do the editing.

EDIT2: Sorry about the lateness....

EDIT3: MD5: 06AA39FC0DF82C8004F1B1012D318E1F, Size: 752kb

EDIT4: Thanks, glad you like the logo. Probably not want you wanted, though....

Amnesia: Try this link. It's a batch file called "Replacer".

Edited by dougiefresh

amnesia:

i have no idea, i acctualy use both(reg and sfc hex from zacams patches)but i can test. i think i recall a problem at work when i did a pc and used the winnt.sif way of doing things;

[SystemFileProtection]
SFCQuota=0
SFCDisable=ffffff9d

but ill have to test on a stock sp3 build and edit the regsitry and see if the files stay modded.

but we can also use a trick;

copy the modded specific protected files to dll cache(%WINDIR%\system32\dllcache)

and then copy them to the defualt destination.also on soem system the service pack has a temp dir wich the wfp can also retrieve the original files,so we would also have to copy the specificly protected file to that destionation, allthough i have found that it is almsot better to delete the sevice pack cache instead.

Edited by bober

Bober: Here ya go: Cursors and Fonts add-on. Just drop these files into your add-on and the cursors and Segoe UI fonts will be included.

EDIT: I modified the Entries_XPtsp.ini at the end to include the necessary lines for the Integrator to do the editing.

EDIT2: Sorry about the lateness....

EDIT3: MD5: 06AA39FC0DF82C8004F1B1012D318E1F, Size: 752kb

Amnesia: Try this link. It's a batch file called "Replacer".

oh thx for the cursors and fonts i forgot all about it ;)

also;the repalcer tool will replace any file in use but i dont think it will cansel out the wfp scheme...but im not sure.

well i can recall it has a text file with the files to feed the wpf so it dosent "watch" them..

edit:...or something lol

but basicaly ure right it does handle wpf in the end

Edited by bober

version 13 is very close to perfect if not flawless!

display properties tabs appearance is AWESOME!!!

I'm working hard with PC's from 1992 and it was my 1st real WOW to this section. :thumbsup_anim:

p.s. in display properties , left monitor is like ViewSonic, but monitor in right side is like Macintosh :D

p.s. those ugly-blurry shortcut arrows is still here if I use large icon size. In very first versions of xptsp they were displayed correctly in high resoluion.

Edited by Proxis

p.s. those ugly-blurry shortcut arrows is still here if I use large icon size. In very first versions of xptsp they were displayed correctly in high resoluion.

ill see if i cant get them from viso.as old xptsp resources were all from viso anyways.

Edited by bober

Silent update of GUI. Amnesia fixed the Manifest of the GUI SFX. (Don't understand what that does, but as long as it's fixed... I don't think it affects the GUI any.)

Bober: Any chance you might want TaskSwitchXP included in the package? I think it would make a nice replacementfor XP's Alt-Tab thingy addition.... Here's a pic of it in action:

TaskSwitchXP.jpg

Link to software: http://www.ntwind.com/software/taskswitchxp.html

EDIT: It would only add about 400kb to the package....

Edited by dougiefresh

Bober: Any chance you might want TaskSwitchXP included in the package? I think it would make a nice replacementfor XP's Alt-Tab thingy addition....

As cool as that may look, I would prefer to keep the .exe additions to an absolute minimum. At the very least, optional from the GUI selection prior to integration.