[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its quite easy open the .exe with winrar, on the xptsp.exe do: r-click and choose open with winrar,then you can drop files in it which will overwrite the original ones.

It is quite easy but I was thinking about Setup.exe located deeper in the Extra, Home and MCE folder.

Ok, I'm back. I've got my new computer all setup and the OS and most of my apps installed. I downloaded all of the resource mods that were posted and updated the GUI version to beta 14. Please use the link for GUI in first post to download. Thanks!

EDIT: Please note that the TaskSwitchXP program is included, but not integrated by the GUI yet.

Mr_Smartepants: I'll take a look at the ISO creation problem you mentioned.

Edited by dougiefresh

Man, I'm sorry to hear that your computer died. I guess it's a great time to upgrade, though....

My old machine was dragging something fierce, and it had to go. I've been dealing with that Dell hardware for 5 years.... it was just time to swap it out. I'm glad I did, too. My new stuff is much nicer. I've got a Intel Quad-Core 2.4GHz processor sitting on a Asus P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Socket 775 Motherboard with 4GB of RAM, 1TB of hard drive space, 2 GeForce 9600GT's, and a liquid-cooling solution. (Oh, yeah... Had to replace the power supply, too!) Work's been a mess, which is why it took so long to get back online.

Edited by dougiefresh

my old board supported sli but i never had the money to invest...had a 8600gts and would have liked a 2nd one but..oh well.

now im aiming at 2x geforce X260's, nvidia's new gpu.prolly will start out with one and see in the future for a 2nd one...which ill prolly end up only getting one like on my old system.

It's really funny about the way all 3 of us are upgrading or building a new PC's at the moment! lol

I just built my first intel system in 7 years! A nice E8600 OC to 4.3GHz with 4Gb of memory. I haven't had time to play yet, but i'm loving it so far.,

I upgraded from an old AMD DC Opteron OC'd (2.8GHz) with an nVidia nForce 4 DFI mobo and 2Gb of memory. I have to say, the difference is night and day so far.

It's really funny about the way all 3 of us are upgrading or building a new PC's at the moment! lol

I just built my first intel system in 7 years! A nice E8600 OC to 4.3GHz with 4Gb of memory. I haven't had time to play yet, but i'm loving it so far.,

i dunno if ill ever go to intel.

It's been fixed, Mr_Smartepants. Sorry about that.

Well, it's downloaded, the hash matches, but I get an error immediately following extraction saying "XPtsp.exe - file not found". Opening the archive shows that file doesn't exist.

Sorry for the bad news.

well my new mobo has arrived, i have to get it at the store tomorrow and hope to be fully functional by the end of the night.

ill prolly be able to update tomorrow,if i remember right i have changed a few things in shell32.

and i need to know if the winnt*(winnbbu,winntbba,winnt32..etc) files are still a problem as i dont see any problems.ive tested each scenario and all files were present and patched like they should.

I am not sure but I think it is important to use different hotkeys for buttons especially when it has the same name.

Sometimes I found in Dialogs that have hotkey in the name of Group Box.

It may does a mess for one who uses keyboard instead mouse.

Edit:

I've checked again, and I haven't find mistakes. Maybe I saw it in an earlier version. I was wrong but found out twice hotkeys in Group Box powercfg.cpl.res Dialog 100, 101.

So, we have to allowance for hotkeys :-)

Edit2:

I haven't English Windows but in my OS the file wuapi.dll has different number of ICON. That number is 1 and there is only one ICON but in

XPtsp.v1.0.10b13_batch the file wuapi.dll.res has two ICONs with numbers 63101 and 63102.

Do you think that is because of different version of Windows?

Edited by Rud

In remotepg.dll.res Dialogs have large empty space on the left side.

Is it prepared for a bitmap?

2 Rud

there are Bitmap 6 and Dialog 8000 in xpsp2res.dll.res for Remote Assistance...

do you have Remote Assistance installed to confirm it's appearance ?

anyhow, i've attached remotepg.dll.res with Icon 500 added.

edit:

tested for "Remote Assistance" tab on VM... looks good...

except icon 500 should stay removed from remotepg.dll to appear right, sorry, i forgot :doh:

Edited by amnesia

thx for the updates amnesia.

i finaly got my system up and running,new mobo kick so much ass.... but i have to change my power supply...had to cut 8 wires and extend them 8 inches and their also seems to be faulty wireing in the PSU itself(lol not caused by my saudering).when i bought it i had to pass the cables in such a way that it stretches them a bit.I,m aiming at a 1 kilowatt psu. n e ways all this to say that i might update xptsp 2 night or during the weekend.

Edited by bober

well today i used The Gui edition

well every thing went fine but

when it comes to install it tells me

XPtsp.inf Couldn't be found

in the log

this is the last line

Adding XPTSP.INF to XP installation

but doesn't exist

hmm

can it be fixed

or just give me that file if it`s the same each time

and thx

open the .exe and extract XPTSP.INF(cab it if you can) and add it to the i386 folder of ure xp source.

edit: was finaly able TO update.

edit2:im getting fed up with sata ahci drivers!

Edited by bober

2 Rud

there are Bitmap 6 and Dialog 8000 in xpsp2res.dll.res for Remote Assistance...

do you have Remote Assistance installed to confirm it's appearance ?

anyhow, i've attached remotepg.dll.res with Icon 500 added.

edit:

tested for "Remote Assistance" tab on VM... looks good...

except icon 500 should stay removed from remotepg.dll to appear right, sorry, i forgot :doh:

Usually I don't use Remote Assistance but it is installed. In my Windows XP PRO PL SP3 (OEM) there aren't xpsp1res.dll, xpsp2res.dll, xpsp3res.dll, so a bitmap from xpsp2res.dll.res can't be use id dialogs in the remotepg.dll.res.

Usually I don't use Remote Assistance but it is installed. In my Windows XP PRO PL SP3 (OEM) there aren't xpsp1res.dll, xpsp2res.dll, xpsp3res.dll, so a bitmap from xpsp2res.dll.res can't be use id dialogs in the remotepg.dll.res.

Mate, ı didnt find too in my i386.

Because ı dont know why but sp3 changes them like that:

xpsp1res.dll=sprs041f.dll

xpsp2res.dll=sprt041f.dll

xpsp3res.dll=spru041f.dll

Note: 041f is my language(turkish) code.

If ı know right your language(polish) code is 0415 so they should be in i386:

xpsp1res.dll=sprs0415.dll

xpsp2res.dll=sprt0415.dll

xpsp3res.dll=spru0415.dll

I edited .bat file for you in txt format.

I wanted it to patch before zipfldr but it is just example, you can change.

And ı change .res files like sprs0415.dll.res etc. and also in bat. then it fixed.

Try like that..

And does anyone know which dll or exe file is notification baloon?

WGA_balloon.jpg

glasstoasts2.jpg

xpstsp.txt

Edited by ALtF4