[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

ALtF4: It should be one of these: lgtckctl.dll (renamed to legitcheckcontrol.dll), WgaLogon.dll or WgaTray.exe. I'm not sure how to remove them....

EDIT: Here are the SPR*.DL_ files I have in my i386 folder:

SPRA041B.DL_

SPRA0424.DL_

SPRB041B.DL_

SPRB0424.DL_

SPRC041B.DL_

SPRC0424.DL_

I do have the XPSP?RES.DL_ files in my i386 folder....

DaRk MaDnEsS: I'll fix the function responsible for editing the XPtsp.ini file. A function is called to eliminate certain lines from XPtsp.ini, based on the user selections on Page 4. Evidentally, the function doesn't work as expected....

EDIT: :doh: I just looked at the code.... The function deletes the file before trying to edit it. DOH! :doh:

Edited by dougiefresh

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You misunderstood me.

I want to modify it with like glass toast in my new V'ISO Refliection Edition.

I want it to be like :

WGA_balloon.jpg >> glasstoast.jpg

So ı want to know which dll or exe file is notificatino ballon's?

Edited by ALtF4

AltF4: Oh! Sorry.... I clearly misunderstood you. I don't know which file makes the notification pop-ups.... but that would be a nice mod!

EDIT: I just looked in my TXTSETUP.SIF and here is what I've found:

xpsp1res.dll = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,,1,2

spra041b.dll = 100,,,,,,,726,0,0,xpsp1res.dll,1,2

spra0424.dll = 100,,,,,,,728,0,0,xpsp1res.dll,1,2

xpsp2res.dll = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,,1,2

sprb041b.dll = 100,,,,,,,726,0,0,xpsp2res.dll,1,2

sprb0424.dll = 100,,,,,,,728,0,0,xpsp2res.dll,1,2

xpsp3res.dll = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,,1,2

sprc041b.dll = 100,,,,,,,726,0,0,xpsp3res.dll,1,2

sprc0424.dll = 100,,,,,,,728,0,0,xpsp3res.dll,1,2

Correct if I'm wrong, but this looks like it copies files with the same name to different folders. So does that mean we have to patch them all? (God, I hope not!)

EDIT2: Hold on, same number of commas..... Maybe the 726 and 728 are language specifiers?

EDIT3: Nope, directory specifiers..... I'll have to examine TXTSETUP.SIF to see if other XPSP?RES.DLL files need to be processed. (Damn!)

Edited by dougiefresh

Oh! Sorry.... I clearly misunderstood you. I don't know which file makes the notification pop-ups.... but that would be a nice mod!

if ı can modify it, ı will share it with you to add your V'ISO ;)

But first ı should find right file :crying_anim02:

Edited by ALtF4

Ok, I've uploaded GUI Beta 14a. Updated resources to match batch beta 14 and corrected the function responsible for customizing XPTSP.inf based on user selections on page 4. Also added a line to XPTSP.INI for the NR_IE7en section to match batch version.

EDIT: Download link fixed to point to beta 14a instead of beta 14.

Edited by dougiefresh

so the xpres*res.dll files arent getting patched?

edit: after searching my i386 forlder(which has had rvmupdt pack integrated overit):

XPSP1RES.DL_

XPSP2RES.DL_

XPSP3RES.DL_

You misunderstood me.

I want to modify it with like glass toast in my new V'ISO Refliection Edition.

I want it to be like :

WGA_balloon.jpg >> glasstoast.jpg

So ı want to know which dll or exe file is notificatino ballon's?

there is a program that replaces the windows notify ballons with "toasts". but its buggy as hell if i remember right.it should be in the addon section of the forum.

Edited by bober

so the xpres*res.dll files arent getting patched?

Yeah, at first they werent patched but ı searched and find.

I dont know wht but sp3 changes xpres*.dll files, in i386.

But after installing windows xp, they became normal.

But before there were no xpres*.dll files.

there were sprs0415.dll, sprt0415.dll, spru0415.dll instead of xpsp*res.dll files.

But ı thougt that it was only for turkish xp so ı didnt tell.

I think it is for other languages from english.

I want to patch notification ballon like glass toast.

If you know which dll or exe is notificaiton ballon, help me.

Edited by ALtF4

but i currently have in my i386:

XPSP1RES.DL_

XPSP2RES.DL_

XPSP3RES.DL_

and after in windows i still ahve the same files.

i DO remember that for sp3 they were renamed sprs*.dll,but i dont know why mine are "normal" even in my clean i386(unaltered)they are

XPSP*RES.DL_ .

for the toast thing, the program uses a dll to "hook" the system baloontip and launch the glass tosat instead. so i have still no idea which file is responsible in xp for the ballontips.

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?sho...99&hl=toast

dougie, you have xp home right? on a clean source how are ure xpsp res file look like?

oh and sorry for keeping you guessing what i change when i do my updates... i had updated xptsp b4 i had computer probs and i forgot exactly what i had changed...

Edited by bober

I couldnt find inetcpl.cpl.mui in i386.

Dougie, ı couldnt see it in your XPtsp.ini too.

How did you patch it?

And bober, i think this name changing is for other languages than english.

I hope you understood what ı was meaning about notification ballon.

Edited by ALtF4

cause its a file added by ie7, depending on which addon you use, it is either in i386 or in the archive that the creator has made to deploy its installation

ya i get it now, foreign languages have their xpsp*res' name changed.(for the time being both batch and gui patchers are available in English only)

but in the future we will prolly have to implement this.

Edited by bober

cause its a file added by ie7, depending on which addon you use, it is either in i386 or in the archive that the creator has made to deploy its installation

Can you attach this part from your .bat?

And what do you think about my opinion on notification ballon?

Thank you..

Edited by ALtF4

Bober: Let me build a XPtsp'ed Home Edition and test it.... About the changes, it's ok. I'll figure it out (hopefully!) :sweatingbullets: The "other" XPSP?RES.DL_ files are for other languages. They go into a MUI folder somewhere....

EDIT: My XPSP?RES.DL_ files got changed. Am installing now.... Do you want me to look for anything in particular?

EDIT2: I think I can parse the TXTSETUP.SIF to find out what other files that end up being a XPSP?RES.DLL file that need to be changed. It will take me a while to do so....

EDIT3: About the changes, I just dump the resource files into the folder. So I don't really need to know which files change. However, if the batch file changes, I need to know that (if/when possible). It would be appreciated! Thanks!

AltF4: Whoops.... Let me correct in the XPTSP.ini file.

Edited by dougiefresh

Just finished the VM test. Here is the pic of the System Properties window, Remote tab:

System.jpg

there seems to be a problem with that picture,then left tab image is missing.not to mention alot of the dialogs for the rest of the window.

should look like this:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6315/41928822ae2.png

"EDIT: My XPSP?RES.DL_ files got changed. "

so if i understand right,u had normal XPSP?RES.DL_ files and once system has installed they were renamed ?

Edited by bober

Mate, ı didnt find too in my i386.

Because ı dont know why but sp3 changes them like that:

xpsp1res.dll=sprs041f.dll

xpsp2res.dll=sprt041f.dll

xpsp3res.dll=spru041f.dll

Note: 041f is my language(turkish) code.

If ı know right your language(polish) code is 0415 so they should be in i386:

xpsp1res.dll=sprs0415.dll

xpsp2res.dll=sprt0415.dll

xpsp3res.dll=spru0415.dll

I edited .bat file for you in txt format.

I wanted it to patch before zipfldr but it is just example, you can change.

And ı change .res files like sprs0415.dll.res etc. and also in bat. then it fixed.

Try like that..

And does anyone know which dll or exe file is notification baloon?

WGA_balloon.jpg

Yes, now I can confirm that changed naming of those files. For Polish are:

xpsp1res.dll=sprs0415.dll

xpsp2res.dll=sprt0415.dll

xpsp3res.dll=spru0415.dll

Thanks

in :inetcplmui U didn't set big1 and name1 variables

btw after IE7 integration I have inetcpl.mu_ which contains inetcpl.mui; from the script I understand that is looking in fact for inetcpl.cpl.mui. I'm using OnePiece_IE7_WinXPSP3_v2.3.1_AddOn_ENU.7z to integrate IE7, could this be the problem that I don't have inetcpl.cpl.mui?

Home Edition doesn't allow incoming Remote Desktop connections, so the rest of the text in that dialog would be useless. Professional does support it and you would see the part beneath the Remote Assistance. However, you are correct in that the picture for that tab is missing.

After I ran the GUI version, the time/date stamp on the XPSP?RES.DL_ files were changed. They were not renamed to anything. I have to look at the install to verify that the filenames haven't been changed upon install, but I can't think of any reason why they would be.

in :inetcplmui U didn't set big1 and name1 variables

btw after IE7 integration I have inetcpl.mu_ which contains inetcpl.mui; from the script I understand that is looking in fact for inetcpl.cpl.mui. I'm using OnePiece_IE7_WinXPSP3_v2.3.1_AddOn_ENU.7z to integrate IE7, could this be the problem that I don't have inetcpl.cpl.mui?

yes i screwed up,if you say the file found in i386 is inetcpl.mu_ then the code should be:

:inetcplmui
set name=inetcpl
set ext=mui
set big=INETCPL
set com=MU_
if not exist "i386\%big%.%com%" set com=mui
if not exist "i386\%big%.%com%" goto inetmgr
%xp% "i386\%big%.%com%" "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%" >nul
if exist "i386\%name%.%ext%" Del "i386\%name%.%ext%" >nul
%rh% %ao% "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%res%\%name%.%ext%.res",,,&echo patching %name%.%ext%
%pe% -c %tmp%\%name%.%ext% >nul
set com=MU_
%cab% /D CompressionType=LZX /D CompressionMemory=21 "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%" "i386\%big%.%com%" >nul

nvm about those bitmaps, I was trying to add them from reshacker but looks like Update All Resources doesn't know to add new resources. From command line all was ok

this is not ok

errjd9.th.jpgthpix.gif

Edited by Kaylar

is there anyway of using this as a patch to an already established system, rather than on to the cd... i already have patched my winxp cds... however i would love to be able to use this on already setup systems, as i like your patch

Thanx

Madata

is there anyway of using this as a patch to an already established system, rather than on to the cd... i already have patched my winxp cds... however i would love to be able to use this on already setup systems, as i like your patch

- "VISO Live" was meant to be run on live system. To run "Live" :

(extract "V'ISO" or "XPtsp", add batches from "VISO.Live.*.rar", start "1Copy.bat").

After patching, system will restart ...

VISO.Live.1.8.rar