[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

Is it just me or.....? :unsure:

dougiefresh this is part of a log from v16b...

Patching SPRC0804.DLL

Patching SPRC0816.DLL

Patching ZIPFLDR.DLL

Extracting contents of NR_IE7en.CAB

Patching IEXPLORE.EXE.MUI

Patching IEFRAME.DLL.MUI

Patching HMMAPI.DLL.MUI

Patching INETCPL.CPL.MUI

Patching HMMAPI.DLL.MUI

Compressing contents of WMP11.CAB

Extracting contents of SP3.CAB

Patching BTHCI.DLL

Patching FSQUIRT.EXE

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that part of the log seems ok to me...unless you dont have the nrie7 and the wmp11 addons.

edit:

ill be transferring my Dl links to the wincert server,ill prolly also mirror dougie's gui.

Edited by bober

"VISO Live" was meant to be run on a live system (for example, after Windows Update).

To run "Live": (extract "V'ISO" or "XPtsp", add batches from "VISO.Live.*.rar", start "1Copy.bat").

After patching, system will restart ...

VISO.Live.2.0.rar

- fixed copying of oledb32.dll

VISO.Live.2.0.rar

Edited by amnesia

Gorki: OMG... I thought I fixed that! I just looked through the code and what do ya know.... it's not fixed. Just me a few minutes.... While I'm at it, I'll include the new resource files.

Bober: Gorki's GUI log displays that the script is extracting NR_IE7en.cab, patching the files, then compressing it to WMP11.CAB instead of NR_IE7en.CAB. That's definitely incorrect!

Edited by dougiefresh

dougie;ill prolly update 2nite so if you want to push ure update later its up to you.i cant realy give you an exact time.

edit: yeah lol i just re-red it and realised what was happening

-thx amnesia for all those update.

Edited by bober

Updated to GUI beta 16c. Updated all resources amnesia kindly provided and fixed the NR_IE7en.CAB destination bug that Gorki reported.

Bober: I'll just post another version tomorrow with the resources matching whatever you put out there.... (if anything changes)

EDIT: I'm really not trying to jump the gun here.... I'm just having a bad day. I'm sorry..... especially if I manage or managed to offend somehow.

EDIT2: One more question.... If I can get the permission of the icon author, would the icons I showed you be ok for replacing mass- and removable-storage drive icons? I'm already working on a DSI theme using those icons because I think they look really spiffy (not to mention that the different storage media types have their own icon type).

Edited by dougiefresh

Yeah I tried b16c

And log reported compression went fine,but I encountered problems on first logon. Seams like rundll error. :sweatingbullets: That was strange for me so I used same addons and everything else I used with b16c and patch with b14a.

Now the funny thing begins. I check the log of b14a

Patching XPSP2RES.DLL

Patching XPSP3RES.DLL

Patching ZIPFLDR.DLL

Extracting contents of NR_IE7en.CAB

Patching IEFRAME.DLL.MUI

Patching HMMAPI.MUI

Extracting contents of WMP11.CAB

Extracting contents of SP3.CAB

Patching BTHCI.DLL

Patching FSQUIRT.EXE

Patching IRFTP.EXE

So I proceed and Install it since I recall I never had problems with b14a it and guess what? Work flawless! WTF?! :g:

I already sweep my addons and did clean install unpached to confirm that this addon combination works fine on me...then proceed testing by patching it.

I've been having a problem with the live patch. I tried V'ISO live versions 1.8 through 2.0, All fail during the 'Move' phase.

All the files being moved fail with "Access denied" or "File not found". If I halt the 'Move' phase, I can see all the files were copied to the 'Patch' directory and successfully patched. They just can't get moved by the 3move.bat file. I can manually move some of the files to their directories (too many to do manually).

One file that bugs me is the ntoskrnl.exe. The boot screen is modded, but after hitting WU/MU and downloading hotfixes, the boot screen reverts to the plain XP screen.

V'ISO Live fails to repatch it.

I've been having a problem with the live patch. I tried V'ISO live versions 1.8 through 2.0, All fail during the 'Move' phase. All the files being moved fail with "Access denied" or "File not found". If I halt the 'Move' phase, I can see all the files were copied to the 'Patch' directory and successfully patched. They just can't get moved by the 3move.bat file. I can manually move some of the files to their directories (too many to do manually).

One file that bugs me is the ntoskrnl.exe. The boot screen is modded, but after hitting WU/MU and downloading hotfixes, the boot screen reverts to the plain XP screen.

V'ISO Live fails to repatch it.

"VISO Live" was meant to be run on a live system (for example, after Windows Update).

To run "Live": (extract "V'ISO" or "XPtsp", add batches from "VISO.Live.*.rar", start "1Copy.bat").

After patching, system will restart ...

VISO.Live.2.1.rar

- added routines for ntkrnlmp.exe, ntkrnlpa.exe, ntkrpamp.exe to satisfy kernel-multiprocessor's pleasures as mentioned by Mr_Smartepants, thank-you, sir

2 Mr_Smartepants

- as of "Access denied", you've got to help me out ... ntfs permissions ? admin rights ?

Ensure all users have Local PC Administrator Rights

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=335

VISO.Live.2.1.rar

Edited by amnesia

- as of "Access denied", you've got to help me out ... ntfs permissions ? admin rights ?

Ensure all users have Local PC Administrator Rights

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=335

OK, I'll try that out. But I had even tried logging in 'safe mode' as the administrator with no success.

I'll report back my findings with the new batch.

Gorki: I'll be able to run a full test of the current GUI tomorrow. That's the soonest I'll be able to work on it. Sorry if this is inconvenient.

EDIT: If you have more specific information about what is wrong with b16c, please let me know....

EDIT2: I just patched a XP Home OEM with b16c and XPtsp.CAB is incomplete.... Will fix tomorrow.

Mr_Smartepants: I don't believe that V'ISO Live can check for modified files upon updates. (Batch files generally can't perform many functions that program and AutoIt scripts can!) So when you run WU/MU, you would have to rerun V'ISO Live EACH TIME in order to repatch the updated files. As for anything else, I don't know....

Edited by dougiefresh

ok well im the repackaging a new release,up until now, only resources have ben updated(thx to amnesia),so if any one has suggestions or have spotted probs,now's the time (amnesia the problem you spotted is ok,if you test it ull see the file gets patched fine,but thx for the intrest.)

Edited by bober

I have a problem about this icon.

701.icon is in themeui.dll but ı dont where it find this icon.

Can you help me on this problem?

Thank you.

bugbp9.th.jpg

Edited by ALtF4

I have a problem about this icon.

701.icon is in themeui.dll but ı dont where it find this icon.

Can you help me on this problem?

Thank you.

bugbp9.th.jpg

have you looked int he sp*res files or in shell32 ?

humm,DSI only changes the icons you see via the windows api(if im not mistaken),it dosent modify/edit any files.

also, does any one know which file is responsible for the scanner wizard?

I DONT HAVE TIME TO 1st POST PROPERLY :

XPtsp.v1.0.10b17_batch.exe

XPtsp.v1.0.10b17_batch.addon.rar

Edited by bober

Bober: RapidSpread says file does not exist....

AltF4: DSI does not change any resources. It simply changes a registry setting for each drive, pointing Explorer to a specific icon per drive. I'll post a link on exactly what it does tomorrow morning. (It's 9pm here).

Edited by dougiefresh

I've uploaded GUI beta 16d. A variable in the script was changed, pointing the resources folder elsewhere. It's been fixed. Also, XPTSP.INF is now dynamically updated so that the resource listing is complete, without possiblity of missing files in XPTSP.CAB.

okay, ive re uploaded to wincert's ftp.

there are still 2 minor problems thta i dun realy ahve time to find/fix;

scanner wizard dialog is odd and thers other dialogs in explorer like when clearing cache and temp files, the avi dialog position is no good.

Edited by bober