[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

Maybe get something to drink and ur dl should be done in a minute or 2 ;)

true-true, i often do beer accelerated downloads :welcome:

p.s. ...one day, i'll do "Da Beer" theme or something...

Edited by amnesia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh nice a black edition :icon_cool: i am gonna test it now thanks a lot fixit you are the master

this little project has become quite big now ?? i have been using it since viso

guys i have been learning joomla websites and have created a site, i would like to offer my time and some webspace for this project

it seems to be to big for this forum now , and now we have 4 color versions, i have community builder in place on the site

and think it would be very useful for this wonderful project. what do your guys think ? you can pm me or add me to your msn/icq if you think its a good idea ?

well i would kinda think it would be rude to wincert to dump it for an other web site...dougie is alredy hosting and made a home on his web site for the gui version..so i dunno.. i suppose you could still make one and support could be made here. i think we should make a poll or something.anyw ays i kinda stepped down from the project so these are just my 2 cents.

I've already taken a few steps on my own in order to give XPtsp a home on the web. ShortURL.com provides URL redirection to another web site, which works for me. I've also paid the $2/yr activation fee. http://xptsp.filetap.com now points to my web site and I'm in the process of redesigning my website to put XPtsp on the main page. It will also serve as the website for Drive Space Indicator.

I've got 1GB of storage on my web site and can easily host all of the XPtsp versions, present and probably future. My only problem will be when/if I lose my Comcast account, because I'll have to find another site. But that's in the (hopefully) far future and won't be that difficult to deal with.

I personally have no interest in "hosting" the forum and agree with Bober on that point.

Edited by dougiefresh

:cold: lol

I meant that I would provide a website for the programs, much like XPize. In my opinion, if the software is hosted on free downloading sites, a forum isn't much of a "home". That's what I meant..... I didn't mean to offend....

Edited by dougiefresh

I've already taken a few steps on my own in order to give XPtsp a home on the web. ShortURL.com provides URL redirection to another web site, which works for me. I've also paid the $2/yr activation fee. http://xptsp.filetap.com now points to my web site and I'm in the process of redesigning my website to put XPtsp on the main page. It will also serve as the website for Drive Space Indicator.

I've got 1GB of storage on my web site and can easily host all of the XPtsp versions, present and probably future. My only problem will be when/if I lose my Comcast account, because I'll have to find another site. But that's in the (hopefully) far future and won't be that difficult to deal with.

I personally have no interest in "hosting" the forum and agree with Bober on that point.

I can add this. Since this project is rising and it's already become to big for only one topic I propose this.

- I can create a Subforum in Wincert Member Projects Forum so this project would have it's dedicated forum.

- I can give moderator permissions to at least one or two members who would lead that forum

- I will also give FTP Access to our unlimited bandwidth and unlimited space server for this project

- Another solution is to create a category on Joomla Frontpage (www.wincert.net) where we could present this or any future projects. Support would be redirected to project's dedicated forum

If you guys are interested send me a PM.

wow n1k more great ideas.

i think were gonna need to all agree on this, cause dougie has done alot of work and i do know he intended of working on part of his web site for this,and amnesia is doing alot of requests and modifications, fixit is doing complete themes..so i think were gonna have to vote, but one thing is for sure and i think we will all agree is that a subforum would be nice.

Edited by bober

Well.... I'm OK with WinCert hosting the project files. I've been doing some off-line work on my web site, but if WinCert hosts the files, it would probably be for the best. Granted, I'll have lost $2 but maybe I should have run the ideas by the group before I started...... Oh, well.

A subforum would be real nice. However, I'm a little concerned about the number of topics. If there was some way to restrict the creation of topics in the new subforum to moderators only, I think it would be for the best....

about current luna.msstyles being used...

startbutton looks a little cut off, so here is a new one, some of U may like...

405449m.png

also, the VS is overloaded with extra bitmaps for what is suppose to be different styles in it:

"Aero Green", "Aero Black", "Aero Blue", "Classic XP" ?

i tried to switch between them with no effect...

it could be in my case, can someone confirm styles changes or not ?

i may remove unnecessary bitmaps, if they are not being used, thus bringing the size from ~7mb to ~2mb.

here is amnesia.msstyles 1.71mb and nice (with the new startbutton)

408521m.png 406473m.png

amnesia.VS.rar

to dougiefresh and bober please add this file to xptsp its not exist

mobsync.dllmobsync.7z

Thanks for update amnesia and thanks to rick for logoff/shutdown

Edited by mona

nice black Cursors in diffrent versionby ~Ausrif

Windows Aero Black

Windows_Aero_Black_by_Ausrif.jpg

Windows Aero Black Shadow

Windows_Aero_Black_Shadow_by_Ausrif.jpg

Windows Aero Gold

Windows_Aero_Gold_by_Ausrif.jpg

Windows Aero Gold Shadow

Windows_Aero_Gold_Shadow_by_Ausrif.jpg

Windows Aero Tailless

Windows_Aero_Tailless_by_Ausrif.jpg

Windows Aero Tailless Shadow

Windows_Aero_Tailless_Shadow_by_Ausrif.jpg

Windows Aero Shadow

Windows_Aero_Shadow_by_Ausrif.jpg

Windows Aero

Windows_Aero_by_Ausrif.jpg

Edited by mona

I think we ought to close this thread and keep for historical purposes to show everybody why this forum was opened..... and to keep links to everything that has been shared. Just my opinion, though.

EDIT: If questioning why, please refer to first post..... VERY important!

Edited by dougiefresh

I think we ought to close this thread and keep for historical purposes to show everybody why this forum was opened..... and to keep links to everything that has been shared. Just my opinion, though.

EDIT: If questioning why, please refer to first post..... VERY important!

good thinking,i think we should keep it open a few more days and lock it after.