[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

It's the caution sign that gets me! lol

It makes me think that mouse is armed and don't touch it. ;-P

Yes LOL :D

dougiefresh,I just tried latest gui build (XPtsp_v1.0.10.10) and I'm still experience "browse" problem so I copy it directly to folder and start patching? Does this kind of patching differs over batch patching? Are there any difference in processing?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New GUI Version v1.0.10.10a is now available.

Download Link: XPtsp v1.0.10.10a (MD5: ED2D234C3B5FB2D85EBCEAFC5B91D6F3, Size: 28.8mb)

What's Changed:

- Instead of using EULA to determine OS type, TXTSETUP.SIF is searched for the necessary strings to identify Home or Pro. If Pro is identified, MEDIACTR.CAB is looked for to determine whether it is MCE.

- WBEM and UXTHEME code has been fixed and confirmed operational.

- Included all resource changes that are included in 1.0.10.8 batch version.

Let me know if this works for you and if there are any problems! Thanks!

=======================================================

Bober: Concerning resource changes in 1.0.10.8 batch, I got them. Thanks!

Stimpy: I downloaded the most recent version of the Integrator and intregrated IE7 into a clean SP3 Home OEM source and checked WBEMOC.INF. This patcher apparently performs the same patch that the Integrator does (I don't have the source so I can't confirm 100%). So, yes, this patcher will be able to "detect" the patch made by the Integrator and perform the fix correctly. nLite is a different question, one we will be able to answer once a version comes out that can make the fix....

Gorki: When I began building the GUI, my goal was to duplicate the functionality of the way the batch file worked. My goal slighty changed to make sure that the GUI will be able to handle new resource files easily. I've added some stuff that the add-on was capable of, like the GUI resolution change and the UXTHEME hex-edit. Added options to add the resource files and new cursors to the mix, and finally the WBEM fix.

Is there a difference in processing? I'd say that any difference between the two is small and reflects how the processing takes place, not the final result. To me, it is particularly important since the goal is to create a GUI that duplicates the functionality of the batch file. I hope this answers your question.

The new version should be capable of correctly figuring out what type your OS is. Yes, you can place it in the folder you want to patch and the script will pick up on the folder the SFX was executed from.

Edited by dougiefresh

dougiefresh thanks for quick respond and clear explanation. Actually it's very good, you pointed at right things. :)

I just tried latest 10a build and this time patcher recognizes OS and root directory,but at moment I click patch it's already finished :unsure: It did not add any files or altered anything,no matter .exe (patcher) locations root or somewhere else.

Gorki: I've uploaded .10b, which has the debugging statements removed to enable the rest of the patching code. Sorry about that. (EDIT: The debugging code omitted everything but the UXTHEME patch, which is the last thing I was working on.)

Something I forgot to mention in my last post: the GUI is intended to be seperate from the RVM Integrator and not require the add-on version, instead integrating those changes directly into the XP source files itself.

treblA: Which version are you using? Are you using GUI, batch version, or add-on version?

EDIT: My experience with that error usually meant that some registry setting isn't correct (wrong type setting was common for my experience).

Edited by dougiefresh

Gorki: I've uploaded .10b, which has the debugging statements removed to enable the rest of the patching code. Sorry about that. (EDIT: The debugging code omitted everything but the UXTHEME patch, which is the last thing I was working on.)

Something I forgot to mention in my last post: the GUI is intended to be seperate from the RVM Integrator and not require the add-on version, instead integrating those changes directly into the XP source files itself.

treblA: Which version are you using? Are you using GUI, batch version, or add-on version?

EDIT: My experience with that error usually meant that some registry setting isn't correct (wrong type setting was common for my experience).

Both....tried the addon and the gui version same error ----> INF error Access Denied

Hi Bober, I was just testing, as usual!!! And have noticed the Copy/Move dialog box is the old version with the missing file info field, as well as the IE download box is the old one too. So I was wondering if these are intentional, or simply you forgetting to include the fixed versions?

Oh, and I also noticed that the Manufacturer and Model feils have not been changed like agreed, this makes the system cpl look odd.

Here is the proposed changes I posted earlier...

Manufacturer=XP

Edited by Stimpy

the oem changes are in the gui but i have forgotten to add them to the batch.

about the dialogs, could you post them again,but without the edited cansel button,and people with ie6 have an other dll file that contains the dl dialog,ie7 users >> ieframe.dll and ie6 users >> shdoclc.dll is in dialog 3452.

Fantastic Bober, couple of questions.

I like the Royale Remixed theme made by ~Oddbasket, is it possible to integrate this theme into the batch file patcher and different welcome, login and logout screens?

stig,yes, upload them and ill make you a custom package.also what version of windows do you use?

dougie,could you include the 3 res files that stimply added?

Edited by bober

GUI Version 1.0.10b10c has been released.

Download Page: XPtsp v1.0.10b10c

MD5: A2524BDA4106861D73795DDE61D5BCF6, Size: 29mb

What's Changed:

- Since the cursors got deleted from GUI beta 10b, they are re-included.

- File structure changed to move cursors out of Extra folder.

- UXTHEME and WBEM fixes now work correctly.

- OEM Info Generator batch now is run silently with a GUI notification window.

Bober: If they are in batch beta 9, they are in this release.

EDIT: When I run my tests in Virtual PC, I get 3 messages about unsigned drivers. One is for a battery driver and the other two are for the IDE controllers. Is this normal, cause I don't get the IDE controller messages without the XPtsp pack integrated? (The battery one I get sometimes...) Does the SFC patch take care of this? Other than that, it installs properly. Thanks.

Edited by dougiefresh

the battery is "normal" you can easily remedy this by adding to winnt.sif:

[unattended]

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

about the the IDE controllers thing, ive tried everything nothing works to get rid of these prompts.

and yes this is caused by xptsp.its either caused by one of the msc files or a resource...but which 1 i dont know.i have passed alot of time to figure this 1 out but in vain.if anyone can help id really appreciate it.

and yes the files are included in b9

Edited by bober

stimpy, the dialogs are no good, ive tryed different themes and the avi is way off.

dougie seem the files in b9 are no good after all...let me see what i can do.

also; in build c,the source is found but it is not determined, and i cannot select next.

meanwhile you can use the res in b8

Edited by bober

Okay, good to know about the drivers thing. This source thing is getting annoying.... I can't seem to write the code correctly on everybody's computer so it will determine Home or Pro without checking for a file. I wonder how the RVM Integrator or nLite does it....

stimpy, the dialogs are no good, ive tryed different themes and the avi is way off.

dougie seem the files in b9 are no good after all...let me see what i can do.

also; in build c,the source is found but it is not determined, and i cannot select next.

meanwhile you can use the res in b8

Which dialog box Bober? I'm using all but the IE6 one on my own system with no problems at all.

This is what I'm getting in IE7 at the moment.

post-8705-1221203130_thumb.png

EDIT... I have tried 9 different themes, and no problems appear with the IE7 download, or the Copy/Move dialoge either. Strange stuff!

Edited by Stimpy

what check are you presently doing to find out what version of xp a user has?

Well, I'm checking TXTSETUP.SIF to see if I can find "Home Edition" or "Professional" in the file. If I find "Professional", I check for MEDIACTR.CAB as my check for "Media Center". It just struck me that those strings are probably localized for each language and these strings work only for English versions of XP....

Would any body know which screen i could edit.

I would like to put a a different screen other then the light blue one that appears when driver packs are extracting

any help would be appreciated and maybe you could include in next release :D

I personally use this addon here:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3477

Works exactly like you would want. The addon can be tailored to your own needs.

The RapidShare links still work.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

Well, I'm checking TXTSETUP.SIF to see if I can find "Home Edition" or "Professional" in the file. If I find "Professional", I check for MEDIACTR.CAB as my check for "Media Center". It just struck me that those strings are probably localized for each language and these strings work only for English versions of XP....

FWIW...you might consider checking: "HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup\Pid" ....if that would help out....