[Tool]XPtsp v.x batch addon

bober

although its quiet detailed info here 7 there ! but why not post a few screenies so that you actually might geta few downloads !

??? 7?

n e ways here, if you want to have incitation to dl this a couple of times you can check the screenies of this post till i make some.

BTW;"***Not compatible with nlite"

Edited by bober

Looks good!

Although it would probably work fine if you changed the .ini

From this:
[RunFile]
XPtsp.exe,HIDE
XPtsp.bat

To this:
[RunFile]
XPtsp.exe,HIDE

Since XPtsp.bat isn't included in the [filemove] section of the entries.ini. It would just generate an error in the log file, not really a problem.

Also, are you sure you want to add the hexedit section? There are many patches out there already for that, it's redundant.

Just my opinion. :)

Good job!

I'll try it later and report back.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

ah let me explain,if i ran the bat via the sfx,then the integrator would say finish b4 the actual process was done(right after the sfx was decompressed(would have worked in TempMode ,keeps the process in memory)),and i wanted the integrator to wait till the patching was done, so by running the bat externally then the integrator would wait till the whole process was done, as for the hex edit section i added it cause its mandatory,as i have replaced the luna.msstyles file so u need ure uxtheme file to be patched..its more of a precaution than anything.

edit:i just checked the log and no complaints.

EDIT2:plz re-dl ,i have updated thx to amnesia's fix of a res file.

Edited by bober

Works for me like a charm!

Even in conjuction with NLite and RVM integrator with alot of updates, removals, tweaks and silent installs!

Thanks bober and Rick for Your hard work :prop:

no problem proxis, yeah rick had the painstaking task of creating this whole thing in the forst place!big thx goes out to him.

Mr_Smartepants,icould maybe impliment a chek to see what version of xp a user has....ill have to check it out,no garantees tho,but a very interesting idea!

Doesn't work for me. :(

Using RVMI 1.5.3 on a clean source I get a "Error, no entries*.ini found, exiting". Tried about 10 times in a row, same result.

I'll play with the entries file to see if I can get it working.

*Edit

Yep, deleting the Hexedit sections makes it integrate fine. More testing...

*Edit 2

Weird, the hexedit section is identical to Zacam's uxtheme addon...but his works. :/

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

yeah,i directly copyed the section....try putting it after the file copy/run and stuff lines at the end.but its very strange,i tested it alot and never ever have i got this problem.if putting the hex edit section after works for you then in next update ill just swap the entries.

Edited by bober

umm i have no idea if the files are the same and if the resources are even located at the same place even if the same files exsist.ill add winxp only in 1st post.

Edited by bober

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i'm having the following "problems"

- You used an image to small (1024x768) for logonui.exe screen. I'm using 1680x1050 resolution and that looks ugly.

- Windows in explorer have a bug with that modified theme

cpvisualbugvl4.th.png

I'll post if I will find more