Update

Picassa243

i would like to have more info about the reg entries...

and in the screenshot the window seems transparent(glass) is it a result of "installing" this "MMC mod"(probably not)

also,in the .reg;

alot of the entries seem to point at a path that not every one has "@D:\\WINDOWS"

also you have countless empty keys you could remove and sections that could be merged into the same key.

Edited by bober

Yes Bober, The glass is not the result of Installing the MMC mod. It is due to Stardock's Window Blinds. As my Registry entires show my Windows is in D:\. You could change the path to C:\. The registration entires are to make the resemblance of the MMC like in Vista. It will remove the unneeded and ugly snap-ins such as Removable Storage and Indexing Service. So that you have a more Vista like look in the MMC :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

:unsure: Sorry but if im not wrong, if you have updated MMC (Microsoft Management Console) to version 3.0 (MMC 3.0 / KB907265) you will also get very similar one that Vista has. (Vista MMC is version 3.0). ( i.e IE7 and WMP 11 for Xp, as well as Vista).

Download MMC 3.0 (KB907265) for Windows Xp SP2 only (seems included in Xp SP3):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Good luck