Boot Defragment

A very important new feature in Microsoft Windows XP is the ability to do a boot defragment. This basically means that all boot files are placed next to each other on the disk drive to allow for faster booting. By default this option is enabled but some upgrade users have reported that it isn't on their setup.

1. Start Regedit.

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Dfrg\BootOptimizeFunction

3. Select Enable from the list on the right.

4. Right on it and select Modify.

5. Change the value to Y to enable and N to disable.

6. Reboot your computer.

Can you calm down on the overly spammy (and extremely old, outdated and even some bad) "information"/posts please?
If you know about it, there are many other do not know about, and some posted reply stated that if you can read, beside there are moderators who can manage this issue, if I was spamming sure I will recieve any PM from any moderators around. Also you can report me if you think so ;)

But...I will ask you next time mate :help:

Edited by MGadAllah

Maybe try a style where you have your own topic and the first post is an index of sorts. Then each post thereafter has it's own subcatagory. Performance Tweaks for example. It really looks good when you get it done. :P