how to create font addon ?

lib9

1- OK its easy, before and after you install the new fonts take a snapshot and view the registry changes (convert to inf)

2- To copy the fonts use the ini file to copy them to the Fonts folder

[dosnet_files]
d1,example1.ttf
d1,example2.ttf

[txtsetup_files]
example1.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22
example2.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

3- Now in order to register the fonts you have to add their reg entries, you can do this by just making a INF with AddReg and add the fonts reg entries...

[sysoc]
Example=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,Example.inf,HIDE,7; this is the INF with the fonts reg entries

4- The best way IMO is if you add the reg entries directly to HIVESFT.INF (View my Sidebar addon) along with the other original XP fonts, I use [EditFile] (the same method of adding silent switch installers to SVCPACK.INF) This way the fonts will get registered after TXTSETUP.SIF and you will be able to use them during XP Setup maybe in a custom winntbbu for example

Here is how I edit HIVESFT.INF with the Vista fonts

[EditFile]
I386\HIVESFT.INF,AddReg,AddFonts ; adds the stuff under [AddFonts] in the Entries_*.ini
I386\HIVESFT.INF,Strings,AddStrings ; adds the stuff under [AddStrings] in the Entries_*.ini

; These will get added under the [AddReg] section of HIVESFT.INF
[AddFonts]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%calibri%",,"calibri.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%calibri_bold%",,"calibrib.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%calibri_italic%",,"calibrii.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%calibri_bold_italic%",,"calibriz.ttf"

; These will get added under [Strings] section of HIVESFT.INF (you dont need to use Strings
; but I kinda like it this way to make it exactly the same as XP fonts)
[AddStrings]
calibri ="Calibri (TrueType)"
calibri_bold ="Calibri Bold (TrueType)"
calibri_italic ="Calibri Italic (TrueType)"
calibri_bold_italic ="Calibri Bold Italic (TrueType)"
script_mt_bold ="Script MT Bold (TrueType)"

for the first step i can use installwatchpro or another one like regshot .... and thanks a lot ricks this method its great its been a long time i have searching a way to register my fonts in order to use them in winntbbu ;)

Edited by ferigno1

Hey Rick.... got a question......

Do fonts have to conform to the 8.3 naming rule....

Reason I ask, is that i ran my entries.ini through FGCBA and it gave me a 8.3 warning

on one of my fonts.....

Using your clean example font addon and just modifing the info inside.

Is it possible to rename them to get rid of this error....?

Thanks go out to ferigno1 for posting this question.....

And of course thanks to Rick for sharing all the info....

Nice work BTW.... :D

EDIT: NM Rick.... I found all you have to do is just rename the font to a 8.3 compliant name. DOH! :oops:

Edited by *Reaper*

EDIT: NM Rick.... I found all you have to do is just rename the font to a 8.3 compliant name. DOH! :oops:

Yes you can leave it with the 8.3 filename after copy it does not really matter to the font, just make sure its the same on your AddReg string OK?

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%simhei%",,"simhei.ttf" <-HERE

But if you want to rename it from the 8.3 filename to the original filename after its copied, here is where you put the "Name After Copy" in your entries_*.ini

simheix.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,simhei.ttf,1,22

EDIT: Also feel free to post you Entries_*.ini so I can have a look

ricks take a look in my ini file if there any faults because when i integrate it in my os i doesn't find and addfonts( the reg entries) in hivesft.inf?

;===============================================

; Windows Fonts

;===============================================

[general]

builddate=2008/07/29

description=Windows Fonts for XP.

language=eg

title=Fonts

version=1.0

website=

[EditFile]

I386\HIVESFT.INF,AddReg,AddFonts ; adds the stuff under [AddFonts] in the Entries_*.ini

[AddFonts]

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Calibri (TrueType)",0,"calibri.ttf"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Calibri Bold (TrueType)",0,"calibrib.ttf"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Calibri Italic (TrueType)",0,"calibrii.ttf"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Calibri Bold Italic (TrueType)",0,"calibriz.ttf"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Segoe Print (TrueType)",0,"segoepr.ttf"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Segoe Print Bold (TrueType)",0,"segoeprb.ttf"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Segoe Script (TrueType)",0,"segoesc.ttf"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Segoe Script Bold (TrueType)",0,"segoescb.ttf"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Segoe UI (TrueType)",0,"segoeui.ttf"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)",0,"segoeuib.ttf"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)",0,"segoeuii.ttf"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)",0,"segoeuiz.ttf"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","SimHei (TrueType)",0,"simhei.ttf"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","HandelGotD (TrueType)",0,"HandelGotD.ttf"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Cambria Italic (TrueType)",0,"CAMBRIAI.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Cambria Bold Italic (TrueType)",0,"CAMBRIAZ.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Candara (TrueType)",0,"CANDARA.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Candara Bold (TrueType)",0,"CANDARAB.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Candara Italic (TrueType)",0,"CANDARAI.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Candara Bold Italic (TrueType)",0,"CANDARAZ.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Consolas (TrueType)",0,"CONSOLA.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Consolas Bold (TrueType)",0,"CONSOLAB.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Consolas Italic (TrueType)",0,"CONSOLAI.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Consolas Bold Italic (TrueType)",0,"CONSOLAZ.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Constantia (TrueType)",0,"CONSTAN.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Constantia Bold (TrueType)",0,"CONSTANB.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Constantia Italic (TrueType)",0,"CONSTANI.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Constantia Bold Italic (TrueType)",0,"CONSTANZ.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Corbel (TrueType)",0,"CORBEL.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Corbel Bold (TrueType)",0,"CORBELB.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Corbel Italic (TrueType)",0,"CORBELI.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Corbel Bold Italic (TrueType)",0,"CORBELZ.TTF"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Cambria & Cambria Math (TrueType)",0,"CAMBRIA.TTC"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Cambria Bold (TrueType)",0,"CAMBRIAB.TTF"

[dosnet_files]

d1,calibri.ttf

d1,calibrib.ttf

d1,calibrii.ttf

d1,calibriz.ttf

d1,segoepr.ttf

d1,segoeprb.ttf

d1,segoesc.ttf

d1,simheia.ttf

d1,segoeuiz.ttf

d1,segoeuii.ttf

d1,segoeuib.ttf

d1,segoeui.ttf

d1,segoescb.ttf

d1,CAMBRIA.TTC

d1,CAMBRIAB.TTF

d1,CAMBRIAI.TTF

d1,CAMBRIAZ.TTF

d1,CANDARA.TTF

d1,CANDARAB.TTF

d1,CANDARAI.TTF

d1,CANDARAZ.TTF

d1,CONSOLA.TTF

d1,CONSOLAB.TTF

d1,CONSOLAI.TTF

d1,CONSOLAZ.TTF

d1,CONSTAN.TTF

d1,CONSTANB.TTF

d1,CONSTANI.TTF

d1,CONSTANZ.TTF

d1,CORBEL.TTF

d1,CORBELB.TTF

d1,CORBELI.TTF

d1,CORBELZ.TTF

d1,HandelGotD.ttf

[txtsetup_files]

calibri.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

calibrib.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

calibrii.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

calibriz.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

segoepr.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

segoeprb.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

segoesc.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

simheia.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,simhei.ttf,1,22

segoeuiz.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

segoeuii.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

segoeuib.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

segoeui.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

segoescb.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CAMBRIA.TTC = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CAMBRIAB.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CAMBRIAI.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CAMBRIAZ.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CANDARA.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CANDARAB.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CANDARAI.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CANDARAZ.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CONSOLA.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CONSOLAB.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CONSOLAI.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CONSOLAZ.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CONSTAN.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CONSTANB.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CONSTANI.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CONSTANZ.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CORBEL.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CORBELB.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CORBELI.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

CORBELZ.TTF = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

HandelGotD.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

[i386_compress]

rvmtemp\extracted\calibri.ttf

rvmtemp\extracted\calibrib.ttf

rvmtemp\extracted\calibrii.ttf

rvmtemp\extracted\calibriz.ttf

rvmtemp\extracted\segoepr.ttf

rvmtemp\extracted\segoeprb.ttf

rvmtemp\extracted\segoesc.ttf

rvmtemp\extracted\simheia.ttf

rvmtemp\extracted\segoeuiz.ttf

rvmtemp\extracted\segoeuii.ttf

rvmtemp\extracted\segoeuib.ttf

rvmtemp\extracted\segoeui.ttf

rvmtemp\extracted\segoescb.ttf

rvmtemp\extracted\CAMBRIA.TTC

rvmtemp\extracted\CAMBRIAB.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CAMBRIAI.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CAMBRIAZ.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CANDARA.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CANDARAB.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CANDARAI.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CANDARAZ.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CONSOLA.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CONSOLAB.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CONSOLAI.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CONSOLAZ.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CONSTAN.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CONSTANB.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CONSTANI.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CONSTANZ.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CORBEL.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CORBELB.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CORBELI.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\CORBELZ.TTF

rvmtemp\extracted\HandelGotD.ttf

ricks another thing i doen't if name my ini file Entries_fonts.ini :P and thanks ;)

Edited by ferigno1

ricks witch program do you use to integrate your addon nlite or rvm? because i have seen strange things like when i integrate my addon fonts with nlite its works ( by evidence i find the reg entries in hivesft.inf ) but when i integrate it with rvm i don't find the reg entries and i have looking at your entries in vista fonts addon you use the section called [ExtraFileEdits] works using either rvm or nlite but when i use [EditFile] work just with nlite just to clarify some points and i forgot thank you again ricks for all theses informations ;) .

Edited by ferigno1

yes me too :rolleyes: but the reality is rvm doesn't modify hivesft.inf you can see for yourself if i have made a mistake or something like that ^_^ anyway ricks one finally thing whats difference between [ExtraFileEdits] and [EditFile] so i can make a font addon using this section .

best regards

Edited by ferigno1

With ExtraFileEdits you can Moddify/Edit/Add any line in any text file, so If you want to use that instead it would have to go something like this

[ExtraFileEdits]
HIVESFT.INF|[AddReg]|[AddReg]<NEXT>HKLM,"RegString1Here"<NEXT>HKLM,"RegString2Here"<NEXT>HKLM,"RegString3Here"<NEXT>etc<NEXT>etc|1

What it will do is locate the line with [AddReg] and it will change it to what you have after the second bracket

BTW <NEXT> just tells it to put this on the next line under the one before

You can read more about this here

so what i can say thank you so muuuuuuuch ricks :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: i understand now i am able to make my fonts addon completly and when i read this item i saw that its works for to integrators nlite and rvm :rolleyes: