Get Vista Snipping Tool, Sticky Notes, Inkball, Texas Hold'em RTM Ported to Xp

AMIRZ

:( Ooo, Is your Xp 64 bit? I think Holdem should work as well as other apps since Alky has supported 64 bit platform so far i know ( btw, i extracted them from Vista 32 bit resource all, but i never own/installe 64 bit though... :( ). 'many persons have confirmed it does works ..

Btw, What Vista serial did you insert mate? you need only and only "valid/generic/OEM/retail" Vista Ultimate serial for running Hold em (otherwise you can use Home premium one for Snipping Tool, inkball and sticky notes, according to Alky manual.pdf or read (included all prerequisite and supported apps) :

http://209.85.175.104/search?q=cache:AueG2...ient=firefox-a).

Have you already installed all prerequisites? (IE7 etc..). This is important, have you already installed .net framework 3.0? if you havent please try to install .net framework 3.0 first, or try reinstall/repair it if you already have. (if you have Windows Sidebar installed, you should already have it, try to reinstall or repair again)

If then it still really doesnt work for you very sorry i wish i can help but i never have any experience with 64 OS, but i will still try ... Pleease anybody here can help running fool? :( Thx

Edited by AMIRZ

i have IE8 beta 1, .NET 3.5, 3.0, and 2.0 (which includes 1.1). i have tried my 32-bit vista ultimate serial as well as a friend's 64-bit oem vista ultimate serial just to see what would happen. alky accepted both, but will not run hold 'em. i have also tried both the xp and 2k3 version of alky....and the result is the same.

my other computer has virtually the same setup, except it runs 32-bit xp. the serial i entered was the 32-bit one from above, and hold 'em runs perfectly on that one.

:( Sorry i cant help you mate, at least for now/awhile. Originally My Holdem came from my Vista ultimate 32 bit OEM. So i have to tell everybody it may possibly not work on 64 bit. I never own, learn (even try) 64 bit system but little. (it's vey rare in my country, dunno why). Hopefully i and you or others will find a solution for your problem as soon as possible. please post here if then its solved. So do i. good luck :(

EDIT: If it still doesnt work especially for Xp 64 bit environment try to repatch all Holdem dlls by using Alky context menu extension "patch Vista library" then last holdem.exe by "patch and run vista executable", all should be placed in one folder/default directory (%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Games\holdem). This should be necessary to repatch PE header and register all dll's and executables in registry.

If still doesnt, just try to copy XInput9_1_0.dll (or rewrite/delete the old one) from Vista 64 bit system32 (system64? lol) to holdem directory and patch them again.

btw, if either of you has Xp Tablet PC installed would you like`to upload Windows Journal files here (Journal directory) or link?. i will appreciate it so much. for my work, thx alot! :)

Edited by AMIRZ

Lol :PSorry, New Notification! : UPDATED ! ALSO PLEASE SEE MY MAIN POST ABOVE (WITH THE LINKS):

- Fixed Vista Snipping Tool

- Added Snipping Tool Application called "Snipping Tool Lite/Alternative"

- Added Xp Tablet PC inkball (ported version) as alternative

Thanx for your attention and understanding guys. Good luck and regards... :);)

Edited by AMIRZ

Go to the link below for all the following vista softwares ported to xp

http://rapidshare.com/users/46AVTE

1. Windows Media Player 11 (bypassing Validation Check)

~ PhazeDDL.com

2. Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 (bypassing Validation Check)

~ PhazeDDL.com

3. VAIOXP Preview Build #2

~ ZoRoNaX and Rafael (www.aeroxp.org)

4. Windows Vista Sidebar ported to XP

~ Hugo Sousa (espacovazio.wordpress.com)

5. Sidebar Skins for XP

~ ricktendo64 (Wincert.net Forum)

6. Windows Vista Games:

~ Jonathan Wilson (jonnyw1989.wordpress.com)

{except for Inkball, Texas Hold'Em and Minesweeper}

-- Freecell

-- Hearts

-- Texas Hold'Em ~ custofreak (joejoe.org Community)

-- Inkball ~ custofreak (joejoe.org Community)

-- Minesweeper ~ ali_66

-- Purble Place

-- Shanghai

-- Solitaire

-- Spider Solitaire

7. Windows Vista Screensavers: ~ johntp (www.johntp.com)

-- Aurora

-- Bubbles

-- Mystify

-- Ribbons

8. Vista Sticky Notes ~ AMIRZ (Wincert.net Forum)

9. Vista Snipping Tool ~ AMIRZ (Wincert.net Forum)

I have also included step-by-step installation guide in these archives.

NOTE: None of these softwares or porgrams have been created or modified by me in any way. I have only downloaded, tested and compiled these softwares in archives.

Go to the link below for all the following vista softwares ported to xp

http://rapidshare.com/users/46AVTE

1. Windows Media Player 11 (bypassing Validation Check)

~ PhazeDDL.com

2. Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 (bypassing Validation Check)

~ PhazeDDL.com

3. VAIOXP Preview Build #2

~ ZoRoNaX and Rafael (www.aeroxp.org)

4. Windows Vista Sidebar ported to XP

~ Hugo Sousa (espacovazio.wordpress.com)

5. Sidebar Skins for XP

~ ricktendo64 (Wincert.net Forum)

6. Windows Vista Games:

~ Jonathan Wilson (jonnyw1989.wordpress.com)

{except for Inkball, Texas Hold'Em and Minesweeper}

-- Freecell

-- Hearts

-- Texas Hold'Em ~ custofreak (joejoe.org Community)

-- Inkball ~ custofreak (joejoe.org Community)

-- Minesweeper ~ ali_66

-- Purble Place

-- Shanghai

-- Solitaire

-- Spider Solitaire

7. Windows Vista Screensavers: ~ johntp (www.johntp.com)

-- Aurora

-- Bubbles

-- Mystify

-- Ribbons

8. Vista Sticky Notes ~ AMIRZ (Wincert.net Forum)

9. Vista Snipping Tool ~ AMIRZ (Wincert.net Forum)

I have also included step-by-step installation guide in these archives.

NOTE: None of these softwares or porgrams have been created or modified by me in any way. I have only downloaded, tested and compiled these softwares in archives.

=====================================

Btw sorry "old news" hehe: First, to everybody here, Snipping Tool has already been updated (download from the link on my first post above), done... :P

=====================================

:) Thanx alot for your contribution to upload them mate. I also hope more people can download and enjoy them on Xp.

Regards, Amirz :)

I have added you post on mine above. Again, thx alot codename83, you're the first good man for reuploading them!!

Edited by AMIRZ

• 4 weeks later...
Wow very cool port i love the ports :)

btw how can i add Or Integrate it to my Xp disk by using nlite ?

:P . About creating add ons, you can ask/read tutorial about it on Add on sub forum. Yes i'm sure you can. Just create add ons of them, then if you dont mind, you can also upload them there so other people can also enjoy them. I wish you luck mate. Thx alot! :P

Edited by AMIRZ

:P . About creating add ons, you can ask/read tutorial about it on Add on sub forum. Yes i'm sure you can. Just create add ons of them, then if you dont mind, you can also upload them there so other people can also enjoy them. I wish you luck mate. Thx alot! :P

i dont know how to cr8 addon LOL but im gonna read the tut on how to make addon wish me luck :)

• 3 weeks later...

I made it with an AutoIt script.

Just edit the attached file insertin' your Vista Ultimate serial without spaces (replace the Xs) then you must compile it with autoit and put it in a folder together alky_1.1_trunk_032308-000051_xp.msi, sources folder, holdem folder (files yet patched and xinput...).

The you can run the script or creating a SFX.

| alky_1.1_trunk_032308-000051_xp.msi

| ALKY_XPU.exe

+---holdem

| holdem.env

| holdem.exe

| holdem.exe.manifest

| holdem.exe.mui

| XInput9_1_0.dll

| XInput9_1_0.dll.manifest

+---sources

| pidgenx.dll

| pkeyconfig.xrm-ms

ALKY_XPU.zip

Edited by kontini

• 2 weeks later...

I know how to make this on nlite addon (Making it switchles installer) BUT i dont know how to add it on startmenu entries lol

Example:

like Vista snipping tool

The path is %WinDir%\System32\SnippingTool.exe

and the manifest file is %WinDir%\System32\SnippingTool.exe.manifest

the startmenu entries is D:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Snippingtool.exe

im using NSIS to make installer and SFXmaker to make switchless instaler or silent installer

could someone do me a favor and let the alky dev(s) know that hold 'em doesnt work on 64-bit xp??

I hope it will be done mate... :unsure:

I know how to make this on nlite addon (Making it switchles installer) BUT i dont know how to add it on startmenu entries lol

Example:

like Vista snipping tool

The path is %WinDir%\System32\SnippingTool.exe

and the manifest file is %WinDir%\System32\SnippingTool.exe.manifest

the startmenu entries is D:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Snippingtool.exe

im using NSIS to make installer and SFXmaker to make switchless instaler or silent installer

I suggest you can also manually create the shortcut file of SnippingTool.exe (Snipping Tool.lnk) with path (in environment variable): i.e. %WinDir%\System32\SnippingTool.exe before placing it on start menu. Anyway Good luck :)

Edited by AMIRZ

I hope it will be done mate... :unsure:

I suggest you can also manually create the shortcut file of SnippingTool.exe (Snipping Tool.lnk) with path (in environment variable): i.e. %WinDir%\System32\SnippingTool.exe before placing it on start menu. Anyway Good luck :)

yep but i dont know how i can only add one directory (system32)

Very extensive list. I enjoy it very much especially the Snipping Tool if I could only executed. the Snipping Tool.exe. I did everything as directed yet unsuccessful.

Hello Carlos :)

Make sure you have installed all prerequisites above (for Xp Sp2/Sp3 : .Net Framework 1.1 or higher, IE7 or IE8 (optional but recommended), Windows Journal Viewer 1.5):

Also make sure you already have Vista Ultimate Serial (it doesnt have to be genuine/unused, but only "valid", just search it in internet if you dont have) :D

Then follow these steps (as i have written them in the thread before):

1) Download these files from the link:

[b]pidgenx.dll
pkeyconfig.xrm-ms[/b]

Download them (thx alot to Ricktendo for uploading): 394 kb

http://www.mediafire.com/?549xdtjmm9j

, then extract/create "sources" folder that contains two downloaded files above to any drive/partition you want (e.g.: "D:\"). If you copy them to "D:\" , so the full path becomes "D:\sources", according to Ricktendo's guide). Of course you can also copy them to "C:\", or "F:\" later, just for example guys.

2) Run Alky Installer (you have to remove previous Alky before re-installing if it exists), then check "Bind to product key". Select the drive/partition that you placed the folder (e.g.: D:\ like above) Enter your Vista "Valid" Serial (Bind to Product Key) and , start installing.

3) Reboot if necessary (Optional but Very Recommended, to make sure it have re-registered new drivers/binaries), done!

After that, copy SnippingTool.exe and SnippingTool.exe.manifest to C:\Windows\System32 (or %WinDir%\System32) then double click SnippingTool.exe as usual (or just right click-> Patch and run Vista Executable, also the SnippingTool.exe.manifest file should always be in same folder/directory i.e. System32). Hopefully that works as well. Sorry for my Bad English. Good luck mate :)

PS: If you also need the Nlite add ons, it seems our friends Kontini and/or Ricktenso have also made the NLite add on for Snipping Tool etc. If you also want them, Just explore in add on forum or directly ask them. Good luck mate :D

Oh i'll also PM you mate. Cheers! :P