Problem with silent install

Audigy

I have created silent installs for a couple of programs, but I having some problems.

The programs install silently to just before the end when they open up a read me file & you need to close in order for the install to finish which is frustrating, but Is there a program that can run in the background and kill notepad automatically when it is launched just while WPI is working.

Thanx :(

I'm using autoit to install. Tested on XP host with standard notepad as default text editor. Works ok. Please see how it goes into actual install.

If you have other text editor slipstreamed, just ensure it slipstream later than this addon. (An numbered index addon always helps, such as 001cachemanXP_Addon.cab will install earlier than 003Notepad++_addon.cab)

Limited hosting period (30 days if no download)

dloadnowwi6.png

MD5: AA229C78C2CBA80D3FADB007FA75DBEC

If somehow script hangs at T13 during installation, the hotkey to exit the script is CTRL+ALT+x

I'm using autoit to install. Tested on XP host with standard notepad as default text editor. Works ok. Please see how it goes into actual install.

If you have other text editor slipstreamed, just ensure it slipstream later than this addon. (An numbered index addon always helps, such as 001cachemanXP_Addon.cab will install earlier than 003Notepad++_addon.cab)

Limited hosting period (30 days if no download)

dloadnowwi6.png

MD5: AA229C78C2CBA80D3FADB007FA75DBEC

If somehow script hangs at T13 during installation, the hotkey to exit the script is CTRL+ALT+x

Hi Geej,

Thanx for your help and time, and the script works great. :D:D I did try using autoit but couldnt get it to work. I have just 1 little problem I want it for the WPI I am creating not as a addon, and will have notepad2 as my default text editor.

If its not to much to ask, could you show or send me the code you used for the autoscript so that I can look it over, & would it be easy enough to change notepad to notepad2?

Thanx... :D

Audigy,

Just tested actual install at T13, doesn't work. But it can close the notepad readme. (I will not do any T/s or fine tuning the script since you are already using autoit)

For the benefit of any user reading this post, kindly do not download and add into your built.

Code I'm using is

HotKeySet("^!x", "MyExit");the script to exit when CTRL+ALT+x is pressed
Tooltip ( "Installing CachemanXP", 200, 420 )
Run ("setup.exe /S")
WinWait ("Readme.txt - Notepad","README for Outertech")
WinClose ("Readme.txt - Notepad","README for Outertech")
;WinWait ("CachemanXP - unregistered","Toolbar") <-- during XP setup testing, this screen does not show up. But it show up during normal installation.
;WinClose ("CachemanXP - unregistered","Toolbar") <-- during XP setup testing, this screen does not show up. But it show up during normal installation.
ProcessWaitClose ( "setup.exe" )
Func MyExit()
Exit
EndFunc

You should consider Kelsenellenelvian's suggested method. If it works, it is much easier than Autoit.

Good luck :)

Did you try using the built in tskill option from wpi to kill notepad???

i.e:

tskill notepad <-- Place that in commandline # 2

Great Idea Kelsenellenelvian, I was to busy concentrating on getting it to work from a batch file, I didnt even think about the tskill option in WPI.

It just goes to show you Sometimes, the best answer is the simplest answer. :P

Thanx Kel it worked a treat. :D

Audigy,

Just tested actual install at T13, doesn't work. But it can close the notepad readme. (I will not do any T/s or fine tuning the script since you are already using autoit)

For the benefit of any user reading this post, kindly do not download and add into your built.

Code I'm using is

HotKeySet("^!x", "MyExit");the script to exit when CTRL+ALT+x is pressed
Tooltip ( "Installing CachemanXP", 200, 420 )
Run ("setup.exe /S")
WinWait ("Readme.txt - Notepad","README for Outertech")
WinClose ("Readme.txt - Notepad","README for Outertech")
;WinWait ("CachemanXP - unregistered","Toolbar") <-- during XP setup testing, this screen does not show up. But it show up during normal installation.
;WinClose ("CachemanXP - unregistered","Toolbar") <-- during XP setup testing, this screen does not show up. But it show up during normal installation.
ProcessWaitClose ( "setup.exe" )
Func MyExit()
Exit
EndFunc

You should consider Kelsenellenelvian's suggested method. If it works, it is much easier than Autoit.

Good luck

Thanx for you all help Geej and sorry for all the extra work I put you through ;)

The code you wrote will come in handy in future projects ;)