WinCert downtime

NIM

Thx Kels, but they're to expensive for that what we need (semi-dedi or dedicated servers with dual-quad core processors and 1 Gig of RAM).

Anyway, I've arranged with our current host to monitor bandwidth usage and see if there will be any suspicious activity.

I've also enabled hotlink protection so pictures or links can't be posted on other sites and therefore those sites won't steal our precious bandwidth..

I'm sorry to say, but there may be more downtimes, (probably short), until we fix this issue.

Please be patient as I'm trying to find the best solution for us.

Cheers

Depending on your needs theplanet.com has a special price for Celeron 2.0+ servers. It comes with 750 GB transfer per month.

I spoke with several people and they said that I need a dual core processor. Celeron could be a bottleneck for us. Also 512RAM might be enough, but I'm worried about the processor.

On the other hand, this could be our last hope.

As you may have noticed, we were down once again because we had 21GB of traffic today and only 6GB yesterday.

Our host support team acted pretty fast and have put our site back online in just several minutes.

I also got a reply from our host that they blocked one IP address server wide which is located in Australia: 61.9.215.94

We had a large traffic going on from and to this IP address, so it had to be blocked now.

Hopefully, our bandwidth issues are behind us now, if not :nunchaku:

I also got a reply from our host that they blocked one IP address server wide which is located in Australia: 61.9.215.94

We had a large traffic going on from and to this IP address, so it had to be blocked now.

Exactly how much traffic? Good work!

• 4 weeks later...
As you may have noticed, we were down once again because we had 21GB of traffic today and only 6GB yesterday.

Our host support team acted pretty fast and have put our site back online in just several minutes.

You probably guess what happened, well similar thing as in the quoted post, but now we have to investigate IP responsible for this.

Someone really hates us and jaguar PC reacted as a snail and let the site be offline for more than 6 hours.

I've had it with this hosting companies, I would kill someone!

Nobody to help me with this from JaguarPC department. Here you can see what answer I got when my site went down:

Hi,

It appears that your domain "wincert.net" has exceeded its daily bandwidth limit, your account will be unsuspended automatically , Wait till 12:05am.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

No shit Sherlock?? And of course, he didn't put it back online.

I checked raw access logs and haven't noticed anything suspicious, on the contrary, I've seen that we only spent 6GB of bandwidth on Sunday when we were blocked for using 21GB.

So please, can anyone help me find decent web hosting company with the following package..

Semi-dedicated server

At least dual core processor

At least 1GB of RAM

1000 GB of bandwidth (unlimited?)

Thx