4. Reasons Why Windows Vista Is Just Not Worth It

NIM

• 1 month later...

As for me...I have two SATA HDD on different SATA controllers (VIA & FastTrak) and on one XP, on another Vista (cause I don't want dual boot). I tried to set up Vista as my XP configuration, all software I have on XP, all drivers, sys config. At last I did it, I just installed new Widcomm BT drivers which work like charm on Vista. Only problem for now is BSOD when I use modem (drivers for sure). Media player freezes here and then but after I installed new version its ok. Media center is awesome (freezes 2 out of 10 times). Speed....hm...almost the same as in XP without tweaks. So I'll give it a try for week or two and then decide to format or not to format :clap: .

I am getting ready for a format now. Will install Vista this night, and test it some days. Then I will get back to Xp, as I know that RVM Integrator not running on Vista. :P

Yeah, thats my only reason. :welcome:

It will probably be updated :)

I am getting ready for a format now. Will install Vista this night, and test it some days. Then I will get back to Xp, as I know that RVM Integrator not running on Vista. :P

Yeah, thats my only reason. :welcome:

Just to warn you m8, as far as I know modem drivers are big issue in Vista. If you are lucky one and you manage to install them you will have BSOD every now and then when you connect. I know from my expirience (changed 3 or 4 different modems and some of my friends had similar issue). :help:

Just to warn you m8, as far as I know modem drivers are big issue in Vista. If you are lucky one and you manage to install them you will have BSOD every now and then when you connect. I know from my expirience (changed 3 or 4 different modems and some of my friends had similar issue). :help:
Thank you too mate for info. I am using adsl modem and internet worked without errors.

But for Vista, I didnt like it :sleeping: Now I am running xp again.

and i am happy with current situation. It made me crazy with its UI, really cool and good looking but its eating nearly 512mb ram. I know it can be configured to less consumption. but no way :welcome:

For the record, winrar's latest version 3,62 does not work correctly all the time. And I always use it :ranting:

I would like to hear your experiences about vista, if you are using it, or gave it up like me :lol: