[svcpack] VMware Tools AddOn

ricktendo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you getting this build 7 from?

The way we do the svcpack addon is by running an admin install on the tools first. i.e. ----> msiexec.exe /a vmwaretools.msi <---- and then you have to add the drivers back into the right folder (It doesn't copy them all for some reason.)

It comes with the version of VMware I am using. Maybe because it's the ACE version it's updated? I'm not sure.

I tried installing the tools through runonce not using any switches and it installed fine. I think I got it now. Running final test tonight hopefully.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Addon updated...its a bit huge, thats because a admin install will F the installer up so I had to include all the CAB files

Could you tell me how you were able to make this addon? 7.8.4.5078 is out, and I can't make a working addon anymore :crying_anim02:

admin install leaves out a lot of needed files.

Could you tell me how you were able to make this addon? 7.8.4.5078 is out, and I can't make a working addon anymore :crying_anim02:

admin install leaves out a lot of needed files.

I have a updated version of the tools in the VMware addon post

BTW the trick is NOT do do a admin install anymore, just 7zip the x86 or x64 MSI installer along with the "Program Files" folder and ALL the CAB's

• 11 months later...

hi rick! sorry if i double posted (i got confused with a couple or about 3 vmware topics). Ricks_VMwareTools7.8.5b156735.7z dl link is broken. i have an older vers: Ricks_VMwareTools6.0.0.45731_AddOn.rar & Kels_VMware6Tools_Addon_v1.cab. where could i get the latest pls? btw, VMware-workstation-6.0.0-45731 is what i have. would this update the vmware tools in 6 too? or would it cause conflict? thanks!

Edited by kiki burgh