[Addon] KB940157 Windows Search 4.0 enu XP Sp3

ricktendo

When I find my dsksrch.inf, its up to somebody who kept an old version of my updatepack because I deleted it long ago

You're amazing, Rick! This is unbelievably selfless of you. BTW, I just PM'd you a link from my DropBox to the current version.

Unfortunately thats not the version INF I need, I really need a newer incarnation of that INF that installed via sysoc...this one shows up in add/remove windows components and is uninstallable

busqueda.png

This dsksrch.inf was available only in my updatepack but recently I merged it with my updatepack INF and its so BIG I dont have the time to go in and weed out the dsksrch.inf stuff

Unfortunately thats not the version INF I need, I really need a newer incarnation of that INF that installed via sysoc...this one shows up in add/remove windows components and is uninstallable

This dsksrch.inf was available only in my updatepack but recently I merged it with my updatepack INF and its so BIG I dont have the time to go in and weed out the dsksrch.inf stuff

Too bad. It's the only one I have. Also, I'm almost certain that it's the latest version you uploaded. The .7z date on my system is the same date the changelog on this thread shows. However, it was the nLite version. Would the RVMi version do the trick?

Anyway, I'm no longer using this addon, myself. Apparently I'm still subscribed to the thread and got the notification that someone had posted.

Edit: I'm certain it's the same. I just checked the MD5 and it matches the nLite version.

Edited by Uncle_Gadget

Like I said, the INF's are not the same

It was allot of work but I managed to piece dsksrch.inf back together from my sp3udpck.inf, here is the BETA addon for testing...also need you to test uninstall/reinstall via add/remove windows components (you need to manually remove it from the taskbar before uninstall and have your XPCD in the drive for install)

http://ricktendo.com/files/Ricks_WindowsDesktopSearch4.0enBETA.7z

MD5: 6fd77d88aa0fa3e4bb6b8ec9aee55985

Size: 2.92 MB

Also note that you can integrate it and stop the program from installing by adding WDSearch=Off to the [Component] section of WINNT.SIF

BTW it is both nLite and RVMI compatible (rename and add the word "addon" to the filename for RVMI use)

• 2 weeks later...

@Kelu: by not giving me any feedback you loose in the end...I will not be updating this addon making it final nor adding any Vista sp2 files to it nor any security fixes that may come out in the future (because I dont know if it worked or not)

@Kelu: by not giving me any feedback you loose in the end...I will not be updating this addon making it final nor adding any Vista sp2 files to it nor any security fixes that may come out in the future (because I dont know if it worked or not)

I'm sory for the delay, but I was very busy with my exams and work, and I didn't manage to reinstall Windows for testing this addon. I promise I will get back to you as soon as I can, because I really appreciate the work of Updatepacks and Addons makers. Maybe there are I few people here, or over RyanVM forum (if you post the addon there) who could help me test it.

Thank you very much for your time and work, and please forgive my lack of response.

Edited by Kelu

MAJOR UPDATE!!!

- Updated with Vista SP2 search engine & filtes (replaces KB915800-v4 and KB961184)

- Addon is now compatible with both nLite and RVMi

- Fixed extension settings (broken in the beta release with updated sp2 files)

iextensions.png

- Program can be (un)installed via Add Remove Windows Components

busqueda.png

- Can also be turned off by adding WDSearch=Off to the Component secion WINNT.SIF

- Plus other improvements...

MAJOR UPDATE!!!

- Addon is now compatible with both nLite and RVMi

Although I do not use WDS and did not slipstream any WDS previously, just to inform that it also works in HFSLIP (tested via VM).

I finally found some time to test this addon by reinstalling my Windows XP SP3, updated with latest packs and addons. I uninstalled Windows Search, as you asked, and all was good, with no errors. Thank you very much for your work. I have one question thought. Why don't you post this addon over RyanVM forum?

Thanks for testing guys

I notice the sp2 search engine makes it less slower, do you guys notice any performance increases

Seems to be slower (not by much) than native Windows Search (the one from XP SP3), but I can't compare your addon with Vista SP2 files to the one with XP files, because I don't have the previous version anymore.

Edited by Kelu

- Fixed text document preview/indexing (tquery.dll)

- Couple other iFilter fixes

textl.th.png

@Kelu the Vista sp2 search engine update is much faster and does not crash like before (for example: when you turned on/off search history)...BTW I am not wondering how it compares to XP default search

• 11 years later...