Have you switched to VISTA yet

MGadAllah

My new laptop came with Vista and I like it, other than the odd slow down and what not, I'm happy with it. XP definitely does run much better than Vista.

I run XP on my torrent pc (soon to be defunct with higher internet prices, might lose my net) and my EeePC. Ubuntu is on my file server.

My new laptop came with Vista and I like it, other than the odd slow down and what not, I'm happy with it. XP definitely does run much better than Vista.

I run XP on my torrent pc (soon to be defunct with higher internet prices, might lose my net) and my EeePC. Ubuntu is on my file server.

Yes my laptop came with vista sp1 too, but i am not impressed with the vista at all ... may be i am wrong but this is just my opinion.

I have switched to vista ultimate months ago, and i like it much. Cant use xp anymore :P

I agree with runningfool, xp runs smoother than vista. But I love new gui and new features of course. There are tons of new enchancements.

Also I've switched cos my machine can run it better now. On my old machine i was using xp, vista was slowing it much.

I've tried Vista x86 and x64, Server 200(3)(8) x86 and x64 and XP. x64 versions have too many driver issues and Vista has too many quirks that can't be explained away. I don't need all the pretty graphics stuff, it just slows everything else down. When I click the mouse, I like something to happen, not wait a bit, then it happens. I like stable, I don't mind rebooting every couple of weeks, but hate doing a few times a day.

If I could do everything that I can do in XP, in Linux, I'd be using Linux. But, it's still not compatible with most stuff. But, it runs great - uptime in the months.

Depends on what you expect from the system. I don't expect my system to start instantaneous like I use to lol

True and I think any normal or average computer may fits what I used to do as I do not play games and do not work with graphics.

Also this is one of the main reason that I am not going to switch to vista:

1- I can still do what so ever I may need to do with XP.

2- I will have to do a major upgrade to my computer which means more money that is really not need or will not affect what I used to do.

I am just using Internet, browsing, downloading, Office, check emails ...etc. and sometime with photo shop and some programming.

Nothing more nothing less