[SVCPACK]SUN.VirtualBOX version 3.1.0R55467

bjfrog

vbab0.th.jpg

VirtualBox -- professional, flexible, open

VirtualBox is a general-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.

VirtualBox Website:http://www.virtualbox.org

Caution:

* This addon created base on VirualBox for windows host x86 installer

* Slimdown VirtualBox GuestAdditons for Linux and solaris guset ,Only keep features for x86 x64windows guest

* Network and Python features is disabled

DOWNLOAD

Size: 24.106 MB

MD5: edaa0f86db48d96bab844a8310bc8f34

AddOn Change Log

2009-12-06 version 3.1.0 r55467
2009-11-07 update to version3.0.10 r54097
2009-02-18 update to version 2.1.4
2009-01-25 update to version 2.1.2 (slimdown additions for x64)
2008-12-21 Update to version 2.1.0 (can be installed to normal path without desktop shortcut)
2008-11-24 Update to version 2.0.6
2008-10-25 Update to version 2.0.4 and fix 7z installer
2008-10-13 Update to version 2.0.2
(move it to here from http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4247)
2008-09-03 1.6.6
2008-09-02 version 1.6.4

VirtualBox usage and bug report pls visit

WebSite: [url"http://www.virtualbox.org"]http://www.virtualbox.org

Forum: http://forums.virtualbox.org/

Edited by bjfrog

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the update, I started using this program just a few days ago to test it hoping that it will cosume less resources than VMware because I'm using it from an EeePC, and it runs flawlessly.

Just one favor I ask you, please fix the download link.

Keep on the good releases.

Thank you kindly.

Sorry I blocked the link,Yesterday SUN released version 2.0.4 ,I made one using old method,but I found it had a big issue that not support non-english OS even some unsure installation question,today I rebuild one using new method to avoid unsigned driver installing prompt,

And now you are welcome to try it:) enjoy!,sorry my english thanks.

Will do so indeed, and report back later, thank you for the effort.

EDIT:

It works perfectly, as a svcpack addon and as a switchless installer. After hours of trying it out I havent found any issued, great work Mr. bjfrog.

Edited by Rhor

• 5 weeks later...

New version released:

New Nov 21, 2008

VirtualBox 2.0.6 released!

Sun today released VirtualBox 2.0.6, a maintenance release. See the ChangeLog for a list of changes since VirtualBox 2.0.4.

Thanks so much!! I look forward to your next release ;) .

VirtualBox 2.0.6 (released 2008-11-21)

This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added:

* VMM: fixed Guru meditation when running 64 bits Windows guests (bug #2220)

* VMM: fixed Solaris 10U6 boot hangs (VT-x and AMD-V) bug #2220)

* VMM: fixed Solaris 10U6 reboot hangs (AMD-V only; bug #2220)

* GUI: the host key was sometimes not properly displayed (Windows hosts only, bug #1996)

* GUI: the keyboard focus was lost after minimizing and restoring the VM window via the Windows taskbar (bugs #784)

* VBoxManage: properly show SATA disks when showing the VM information (bug #2624)

* SATA: fixed access if the buffer size is not sector-aligned (bug #2024)

* SATA: improved performance

* SATA: fixed snapshot function with ports>1 (bug #2510)

* E1000: fixed crash under rare circumstances

* USB: fixed support for iPhone and Nokia devices (Linux host: bugs #470 & #491)

* Windows host installer: added proper handling of open VirtualBox applications when updating the installation

* Windows host installer: fixed default installation directory on 64-bit on new installations

* Windows host installer: added proper handling of open VirtualBox applications when updating the installation

* Linux/Solaris/Darwin hosts: verify permissions in /tmp/vbox-$USER-ipc

* Linux hosts: fixed assertion on high network load (AMD64 hosts, fix for Linux distributions with glibc 2.6 and newer (bug #616)

* Linux hosts: don

• 4 weeks later...

hello guys ,Sun has released VirtualBox version2.1.0 on dec 17,2008

whats changed in this new version

This version is a major update. The following major new features were added:

+) Support for hardware virtualization (VT-x and AMD-V) on Mac OS X hosts (for Mac OS installer)

Support for 64-bit guests on 32-bit host operating systems (experimental; see user manual, chapter 1.6, 64-bit guests, page 16)

+) Added support for Intel Nehalem virtualization enhancements (EPT and VPID; see user manual, chapter 1.2, Software vs. hardware virtualization (VT-x and AMD-V), page 10))

+) Experimental 3D acceleration via OpenGL (see user manual, chapter 4.8, Hardware 3D acceleration (OpenGL), page 66)

+) Experimental LsiLogic and BusLogic SCSI controllers (see user manual, chapter 5.1, Hard disk controllers: IDE, SATA (AHCI), SCSI, page 70)

+) Full VMDK/VHD support including snapshots (see user manual, chapter 5.2, Disk image ?les (VDI, VMDK, VHD), page 72)

+) New NAT engine with signi?cantly better performance, reliability and ICMP echo (ping) support (bugs #1046, #2438, #2223, #1247)

+) New Host Interface Networking implementations for Windows and Linux hosts with easier setup (replaces TUN/TAP on Linux and manual bridging on Windows)

enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
hello guys ,Sun has released VirtualBox version2.1.0 on dec 17,2008

whats changed in this new version

This version is a major update. The following major new features were added:

+) Support for hardware virtualization (VT-x and AMD-V) on Mac OS X hosts (for Mac OS installer)

Support for 64-bit guests on 32-bit host operating systems (experimental; see user manual, chapter 1.6, 64-bit guests, page 16)

+) Added support for Intel Nehalem virtualization enhancements (EPT and VPID; see user manual, chapter 1.2, Software vs. hardware virtualization (VT-x and AMD-V), page 10))

+) Experimental 3D acceleration via OpenGL (see user manual, chapter 4.8, Hardware 3D acceleration (OpenGL), page 66)

+) Experimental LsiLogic and BusLogic SCSI controllers (see user manual, chapter 5.1, Hard disk controllers: IDE, SATA (AHCI), SCSI, page 70)

+) Full VMDK/VHD support including snapshots (see user manual, chapter 5.2, Disk image ?les (VDI, VMDK, VHD), page 72)

+) New NAT engine with signi?cantly better performance, reliability and ICMP echo (ping) support (bugs #1046, #2438, #2223, #1247)

+) New Host Interface Networking implementations for Windows and Linux hosts with easier setup (replaces TUN/TAP on Linux and manual bridging on Windows)

enjoy!

Tested 2.1.0 and not working, it doesn't install at all and no error messages.

If you could please fix this!

Thanks.

@Gus: Already tested on chinese and english XP,work fine either as addon integrating into XP resource for xp setup or as silent installer on running XP.

1st of all,you should check MD5 of the downlload file,

then what integrator do you use?

i'm nlite user,obviously,entries for nlite,honest,i know a little about Raym Integrator even dont know how to write entrties for it,so not sure it work for Raym integrator.

,you can check svcpack.inf whether command-line has been integrated (see below code SetupHotfixesToRun section and check SVCPACK folder whether vbox.exe file already has been added.

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
VBox.exe

vbox will be installed at time left 13min during xp setup.

thanks for the report,but i amnot sure what cause the problem for you,ill do my best.

@Gus: Already tested on chinese and english XP,work fine either as addon integrating into XP resource for xp setup or as silent installer on running XP.

1st of all,you should check MD5 of the downlload file,

then what integrator do you use?

i'm nlite user,obviously,entries for nlite,honest,i know a little about Raym Integrator even dont know how to write entrties for it,so not sure it work for Raym integrator.

,you can check svcpack.inf whether command-line has been integrated (see below code SetupHotfixesToRun section and check SVCPACK folder whether vbox.exe file already has been added.

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
VBox.exe

vbox will be installed at time left 13min during xp setup.

thanks for the report,but i amnot sure what cause the problem for you,ill do my best.

Hi, well MD5 it's ok!

I use nlite 1.4.9.1 only for my integrations. VBOX.EXE is placed at \I386\SVCPACK but it doesn't work for me!!!

I created 3 times my xp but it didn't work.

And also when i run VBOX.EXE after installation as a silent install, it doesn't either install.

Nothing Happens!!!

Maybe another addon creates the problem?? really don't know, If you have any idea to try please tell me!

Thanks for your time, and A Happy New Year!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DennyMK
Sorry I blocked the link,Yesterday SUN released version 2.0.4 ,I made one using old method,but I found it had a big issue that not support non-english OS even some unsure installation question,today I rebuild one using new method to avoid unsigned driver installing prompt,

And now you are welcome to try it:) enjoy!,sorry my english thanks.

I've found this program before a few days and tried to make an addon of it, and had that issues like "unsigned driver installing prompt".

Thanks man, You teached me how to make it without prompt. :thumbsup_anim:

I've found this program before a few days and tried to make an addon of it, and had that issues like "unsigned driver installing prompt".

Thanks man, You teached me how to make it without prompt. :thumbsup_anim:

You are welcome,this key only work for XP,so far i have no idea under Vista,dont forget PM me if u find something about this,thanks:)

• 3 weeks later...

updated to version2.1.4 (released 2009-02-16) enjoy!

This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added:

Windows hosts: fixed host crashes/hangs on certain 32 bits Windows systems when running Linux guests (bugs #1606, #2269, #2763)

Windows hosts: Fixed network component BSOD issue (bugs #3168, #2916)

Windows hosts: Fixed installation issues (bugs #2517, #1730, #3130)

Linux hosts: fixed occasional kernel oopses (bug #2556)

Linux hosts: fixed module dependency for shipped modules (bug #3115)

Linux hosts: moved the udev rules for USB forward so that they don’t override existing system rules (bug #3143)

Linux hosts: fixed the issue with guest not being able to communicate with each other when attached via TAP interfaces (bug #3215)

Linux hosts: give up probing for USB gracefully if dbus or hal are not available (bug #3136)

Linux hosts: fixed warnings in installer when SELinux was disabled (bug #3098)

Linux hosts: VirtualBox sometimes failed to start if it had been started using sudo previously (bug #3270)

Solaris hosts: fixed high CPU load while running many guests in parallel

Solaris hosts: fixed inability to start more than 128 VMs

VMM: fixed performance regression for Windows guests (bug #3172)

VMM: ignore CPU stepping when restoring a saved state/snapshot

REM: fixed inability to use gdb to debug programs in Linux guests with software virtualization (bug #3245)

GUI: fixed dead key handling on Solaris hosts (bug #3256)

GUI: in the shutdown dialog, disable the action send the shutdown signal if the guest is currently not using ACPI

GUI: suppress additional key release events sent by X11 hosts when keys are auto-repeated (bug #1296)

API: restore case insensitive OS type name lookup (bug #3087)

VBoxHeadless: really don’t start X11 services (clipboard service, 3D acceleration; Solaris & Darwin hosts only; bug #3199)

NAT: fixed occasional crashes when the guest is doing traceroute (non-Windows hosts; bug #3200)

NAT: fixed crashes under high load (bug #3110)

NAT: fixed truncated downloads (Windows hosts only, bug #3257)

NAT: don’t intercept TFTP packages with a destination address different from the builtin TFTP server (bug #3112)

USB: several fixes for USB passthrough on Linux hosts

USB: reduced host CPU utilization if EHCI is active

VRDP: fixed VRDP server black screen after a client reconnect (bug #1989)

VRDP: modified rdesktop client (rdesktop-vrdp) now uses NumLock state synchronization (bug #3253)

LsiLogic: make FreeBSD guests work (bug #3174)

ATA: fixed deadlock when pausing VM due to problems with the virtual disk (e.g. disk full, iSCSI target unavailable)

iSCSI: fixed possible crash when pausing the VM

3D support: added missing GL_MAX_TEXTURE_COORDS_ARB (bug #3246)

Windows Additions: fixed ERROR (e0000101) error during installation (bug #1923)

Windows Additions: fixed Windows Explorer hang when browsing shared folders with 64 bit guests (bug #2225)

Windows Additions: fixed guest screen distortions during a video mode change

Windows Additions: fixed the Network drive not connected message for mapped shared folders drives after the guest startup (bug #3157)

Linux Additions: fixed occasional file corruption when writing files in O_APPEND mode to a shared folder (bug #2844)

Linux Additions: the mouse driver was not properly set up on X.Org release candidates (bug #3212)

Linux Additions: fixed installer to work with openSUSE 11.1 (bug #3213)

Linux Additions: disable dynamic resizing if the X server is configured for fixed resolutions

Linux/Solaris Additions: handle virtual resolutions properly which are larger than the actual guest resolution (bug #3096)

Edited by bjfrog

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...