[AddOn] Media Center 2005 (English) January 24 2012

ricktendo

I did a clean installation of XP with rick's addon (only this addon, nothing else)..Media Center and Dancers etc. work perfectly but after installing TweakMCE (Official MCE tweaking powertoy) I got the error "This program can be run only on WinXP MCE 2005". Is this addon missing some reg entries or files?? Can somebody please verify?

Link for TweakMCE

Anyways..Thanks for the addon rick..happy with media center and the dancers.. :D

My special thanks here go to you.You did that great.There are only three things I want to have in this addon:

1.The EULA changes to Media Center 2005 after integration.Is there a way to inetgrate this addon without chaging the EULA.I want the XP Pro's EULA to remian.

2.How could I change the Royale Theme to Luna?

3.How Could I change the XP My Computer Properties To something Like this:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional OR Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Media Center Embedded)

And I want to know if this OS is treated as XP Professional or Media Center?

Thank you

Guest snakecracker
Hi Rick

My special thanks here go to you.You did that great.There are only three things I want to have in this addon:

1.The EULA changes to Media Center 2005 after integration.Is there a way to inetgrate this addon without chaging the EULA.I want the XP Pro's EULA to remian.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional OR Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Media Center Embedded)

Thank you

Do Not Double Post!

Extract the addon and delete eula.txt and repack

Edit/remove the following entries in medctroc.inf this way Rolyale will not be set as default:

Before

[eHome_Reg]
HKLM, "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center", "MCBliss", 0x00020000, "%10%\Resources\Themes\Royale\%MCBliss%"
HKLM, "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System", "InstallVisualStyle", 0x00020000, ""%10%\Resources\Themes\Royale\Royale.msstyles"
HKLM, "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System", "InstallTheme", 0x00020000, "%10%\Resources\Themes\Royale.theme"
HKLM, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{2C7339CF-2B09-4501-B3F3-F3508C9228ED}","Version", 0, "1,1,1,8"
HKU, ".DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager", "DllName", 0x00020000, "%windir%\Resources\themes\royale\royale.msstyles"

After

[eHome_Reg]
HKLM, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{2C7339CF-2B09-4501-B3F3-F3508C9228ED}","Version", 0, "1,1,1,8"

By editing sysdm.cpl

MCE is just XP Pro with a TV and Video player

Extract the addon and delete eula.txt and repack

Edit/remove the following entries in medctroc.inf this way Rolyale will not be set as default:

Before

[eHome_Reg]
HKLM, "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center", "MCBliss", 0x00020000, "%10%\Resources\Themes\Royale\%MCBliss%"
HKLM, "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System", "InstallVisualStyle", 0x00020000, ""%10%\Resources\Themes\Royale\Royale.msstyles"
HKLM, "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System", "InstallTheme", 0x00020000, "%10%\Resources\Themes\Royale.theme"
HKU, ".DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager", "DllName", 0x00020000, "%windir%\Resources\themes\royale\royale.msstyles"

After

[eHome_Reg]

By editing sysdm.cpl

MCE is just XP Pro with a TV and Video player

Hi Rick

thank you very much.I owe you big time

Uncompress the addon with 7zip to a subdir of the same name, delete eula.txt, edit medctroc.inf and re-compress it with 7zip, winrar or winzip...thats all

Hi Rick

Thanks for helping me.

One more thing I have to handle.

Is it possible to remove all the added screen savers including logon.scr(Which has been changed to that of MCE)and only have the XP Pro logon.scr remian.I also want to remove the royal theme.Which references should be deleted from Plusoc.inf and medctroc.inf.

Dont mess with removing the Royale theme, here is how you can disable any optional components from installing (you can later reinstall them from add/rem windows comp if you want)

After you are done integrating and making your disk unattended with nLite, go to I386 and add any of the following to WINNT.SIF (open with notepad) under the Components section (create section if it does not exist)

[Components]
PlusSS=Off ; Screen Savers (turns off all)
PlusGold=Off ; Aquarium (scr saver)
PlusSpac=Off ; Space (scr saver)
PlusDavn=Off ; Da Vinci (scr saver)
PlusNatr=Off ; Nature (scr saver)
PlusMpix=Off ; My Pictures Premium (scr saver)
PlusDancer=Off ; Windows Dancer
PlusParty=Off ; Windows Party Mode
PlusAudio=Off ; Windows Audio Converter
PlusCDLM=Off ; Windows CD Label Maker
PlusTheme=Off ; Themes (turns off all)
WinPlus=Off ; Windows Digital Media Enhancements (use only if you want to disable ALL above)

BTW logon.scr has not been changed, updated or touched by me, it shows Windows MCE logo because it sees your XP as MCE, it has the ability to show all windows versions including Home and Embedded

Might seem a dumb question but "Requires .NET Framework 1.1 sp1 and WMP10/11"

Does that mean I just position it in my nLite Addon list AFTER the .Net ALl-in-One addon or must I integrate that and then in another session integrate this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have tried editing the "Ident" RegKey to fix the tweak MCE error and no go, I have also asked for somebody to patch it but nobody could

I think TweakMCE need OEM version of XP!

55274-OEM-xxxxxxx-23029 instead 55274-647-xxxxxxx-23029

and I have another question: can Media Center TV Pack 2008 applied to XP MCE?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Rick I would like to ask you a question first off sorry if this post is not the right place for this question I have a original Windows and cant get rollup to to install I've tried integrating it W/nlite also I tried putting it in manually I've tried every switch I could find tried nLite addon maker 2 please help me sorry for the kinda long post

Also my also my source also has Ryan's net framework 1.1 and media player 10 thank so much

This already has rollup included and you need a .net 2.0 addon not 1.1 during svcpack

ohh sorry i made a type o for my windows I have a original Windows MCE 05 not addon and i know this addon is in not meant for a orginal mce but on mine i cant get just RU2 2 install on my unattended setup 4 the life of me so i was hopeing u could mabe have some ideas or would there be some way make this addon work properly sorry 4 not being clear thank ya lots

• 3 weeks later...

hi bro wazzup? Honduras 3:0 Hungary goals were very fantastic and impressive :)

Very thnx for new pack, i've a a question for the new package to be translated...

svcpack another new package in the file you just changed ehkeyctl.dll, Are there other changes to the files

this dll version 5.1.2715.5512

Edited by Acces Netdede