[AddOn] Media Center 2005 (English) January 24 2012

ricktendo

medctroc.inf also updated with some new reg entries from the hotfixes update.inf

i can edit new medctroc.inf for translate and add new version packehkeyctl.dll my new version addon pack and play any music files (mp3 and wav) but why not play any videos???

this error :

"Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please restart Media Center and/or restart the computer."

note : i am klite codec pack installed

Edited by Acces Netdede

You only get that error in a Virtual Machine, test on a real install

A friend from wincert tukish forum had tried on my own computer. but the same result. get the same error. also audio and video installation on mce and mce locked (freeze).

Edited by Acces Netdede

Its not caused by this addon, its your addon, you have to solve the problem I cant fix addons made/modded by other ppl

this addon not mine, its your addon. I just did translations, and your addon gives the same error. this problem not mine. just wanted to your help. not problem, can handle myself. thnx...

i think he should make

s new cd with only the english one integrated

and test and see

if the problem appeared then Rick should investigate

if not Acces Netdede should see what did he modify wrong

Im not responsible or give support to addons that are modded by others and/or not made by me.

ur right bro.

i think he should make

s new cd with only the english one integrated

and test and see

if the problem appeared then Rick should investigate

if not Acces Netdede should see what did he modify wrong

I did test, I saw the same error. but not problem. can handle myself. Thank you for your interest me...

I know I hate that too, no I have not found out a way to use MUI files :(

Jatin Beniwal I don't know why you would want to do this but here is what you add to your WINNT.SIF so MCE doesn't install

[Components]
Freestyle=Off ; Media Center
SonicDVDandCDBurning=Off ; Sonic DVD and CD Burning

• 3 weeks later...

this isn't going to be a great question. But how do you add the addon? I've tried to use nlite but when I try to add SP3 and this addon it is telling me I have corrupted files. Any Chance you can provide step by step instructions?

Make sure your friend is using nLite and not the RVM Integrator...LionHE@RT I have tried to get that tool to work but cannot

I've noticed two things about this add-on. In the Entries_XP_to_MCE05.ini file, the [sysoc] section is missing a line, which installs the Media Center components. I believe the section should read:

[sysoc]

Freestyle=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,medctroc.inf,,7

SonicDVDandCDBurning=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,sonic.inf,,7

WinPlus=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,plusoc.inf,,7

Second, RyanVM Integrator does work if you add a backslash to each line, like so:

[FileMove]

MEDIACTR.CAB,..\CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386\

PLUS.CAB,..\CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386\

SONIC.CAB,..\CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386\

cause if you don't, then RyanVM Integrator moves those files to CMPNENTS/MEDIACTR as I386, not to the I386 folder.

I hope this helps.