[AddOn] Media Center 2005 (English) January 24 2012

ricktendo

So is there an actual problem with this addon like dougiefresh reported? Or not. :confused02:

No, (only for RVM Integrator users) he is showing how to fix [FileMove] to move the cabs to the right position on disk and I showed how to fix [ExtraFileEdits] to edit sysoc.inf with the RVMi...nLite users need not worry

I will make those small changes see if nLite is OK with them and if it is I will update the addon to be RVMint compatible. But if nLite rejects any I will leave it as nLite only.

@dougiefresh, do I have to do anything else?

I ask because some of the files need to get updated in the cabs in XP, nLite will do this automatically will the integrator know what cab the file needs to get added to or do I have to tell it?

• 2 weeks later...

hi rick! just wanted to report that after installation, an update was requested: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3 Security Update for Windows XP Tablet PC and Media Center (KB953295) ... i'll share this info with CODYQX4 too for his Table PC addon. perhaps this could be included in the next revision? ;) thank you!

Hi Rick, i found and read about new Plus! components for Media Center...

Plus! Party Mode - Included
Plus! Dancer - Included
Plus! Audio Converter - Included
Plus! CD Label Maker - Included
Plus! Analog Recorder
Plus! Alarm Clock
Plus! Sleep Timer
Plus! Photo Story

Alarm clock can be downloaded here:

https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=508ec8f2-386f-4bba-a70c-a756205b2510&DisplayLang=en

Edited by George King

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to integrate it with my already made(remaking with mce addon) unattended windows XP SP3 installation which installs about 10 programs from $oem$ (cmdlines.txt), some nlite addons:

Kels_CPLBonus_v10.2_addon.rar

Messenger_9_Addon_v2.0.2313.0.7z

DaRkMaDnEsS_MessengerPlus_4.80_Addon.rar

DriveSpace_v5.3.4.1_AddOn.7z

WinFlip.0.50_Addon.7z

Ricks_VistaRocketDock1.3.5_AddOn.rar

Ricks_ColorAeroCursorsAddOn_v1.1.rar

Ricks_WindowsSidebar6.0.6002.18005_Intl_AlkyXP1.1.7z

My_SidebarGadgetSettings_AddOn_v0.1.cab

and four during run once...

Can you tell me please why it keeps fail to install media center, windows sidebar and vista rocketdock?

Does this addon creates any run once entries that are blocked by my own entries?

Edited by stsaerox

Its nLite only, and you may have necessary removed components that may break this addon

BTW what updatepack do you use, how do you get wmp11 into your xp

I'm using OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v3.2.0_ENU this version and latest RVM integrator. I disable wga check and windows search from this. After that nlite for some addons an.. forgot to mention sorry..

I've done some other settings using nlite but I do not remove anything from nlite's remove page...

Edited by stsaerox

I'm using OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v3.2.0_ENU this version and latest RVM integrator. I disable wga check and windows search from this. After that nlite for some addons an.. forgot to mention sorry..

I've done some other settings using nlite but I do not remove anything from nlite's remove page...

I

You where right rick I should not remove windows messenger 6. It worked perfectly this time!!!

Thanks rick you saved my favorite operating system!!! After SP3 I thought it gone for ever....

I used the same nlite session and a 2nd to integrate mce addon, My mistake was that i removed it before using rvm integrator.

It would be best if I could integrate all addons and not extract them all to use silent installers from runoce and cmdlines.txt but your addon gets easily break sometimes... Please let me know if have anything to suggest.

Thanks again great work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...