[AddOn] Media Center 2005 (English) January 24 2012

ricktendo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ricktendo64

Just finished integrating your pack and a few others, here's what I did.

Onepiece IE8 1.9.0

Onepiece Windows Media Player 11 v2.0.0

Onepiece Net Framework 1.1.4322.2443

User_Hidden QFE Updatepack 1.2.0

Ricktendo64 XP to MCE05

All integrated successfully in the one go, but let NLite choose the order in which to slipstream and you will have a fully patched XP SP3 Media Center Edition DVD, formatted the hard drive and it installed perfectly.

Thanks to all who made it possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What you have to do is take the MUI files and patch the DLL/EXE files with them, you also need to use the INF files from the MUI pack to translate the [strings] section of MY addon INF files (I think its plusoc.inf that needs to be translated manually because its not included in the MUI lang pack)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Rick, I'm sorry if it's late since it's an old thread but lately when I help my friend in his store there's some consumen ask me to reinstall his notebook, he gave me 2 CD XP MCE 2005 as a source. My question is, do I still need this addons since the first page said it convert XP pro to MCE 2005 or it work too since it had update rollup 2 n some hotfix needed for XP MCE 2005?

Edited by ar_seven_am

I'm sorry rick, r u sure it can be integrated into xp mce 2005 disk? I've test into xp mce 2005 n it work, anyway here's the step I make :

1. Update the xp mce 2005 source with sp3 with update/addon creator from onepiece/nonno fabio

2. Slipstream onepiece updatepack v4.10 for xp sp3 with ryanvm integrator.

3. Slipstream ur addon with nlite

I install in acer aspire 9410 (it had xp mce 2005 OEM version pre installed before but it need to reinstall just like I told u before) n work charmlesly. Even the media centre it self updated same as we update with rollup 2.

Regards

If you are using this on MCE ignoring my warning I HIGHLY suggest you remove/delete the following text from Entries*.ini

[sysoc]
SonicDVDandCDBurning=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,sonic.inf,,7
WinPlus=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,plusoc.inf,,7

[ExtraFileEdits]
SYSOC.INF|Freestyle=medctroc.dll,MedCtrOCISetupProc,medctroc.inf,HIDE,7|Freestyle=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,medctroc.inf,HIDE,7|1

And

[AddMCEReg]
HKLM,"SYSTEM\WPA\MediaCenter","Installed",,"1"

If you are using this on MCE ignoring my warning I HIGHLY suggest you remove/delete the following text from Entries*.ini

[sysoc]
SonicDVDandCDBurning=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,sonic.inf,,7
WinPlus=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,plusoc.inf,,7

[ExtraFileEdits]
SYSOC.INF|Freestyle=medctroc.dll,MedCtrOCISetupProc,medctroc.inf,HIDE,7|Freestyle=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,medctroc.inf,HIDE,7|1

And

[AddMCEReg]
HKLM,"SYSTEM\WPA\MediaCenter","Installed",,"1"

I'm sorry rick, I didn't mean to ignoring ur warning, but I just want u to know it work or not. I only test it on a real machine for the real prove, n I've deleted the entries before u tell me (except for the last registry entry, sorry) I learn from u by the way, remember when I ask for makin' my own addons a year ago? Anyway, thx in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

What you have to do is take the MUI files and patch the DLL/EXE files with them, you also need to use the INF files from the MUI pack to translate the [strings] section of MY addon INF files (I think its plusoc.inf that needs to be translated manually because its not included in the MUI lang pack)

If there is no language pack(The one I have translates windows in Greek but not the media center app)What could I do to translate it? If I modify the .dll files will that work after integration? If these are taken directly from your addon?

If there is no language pack(The one I have translates windows in Greek but not the media center app)What could I do to translate it? If I modify the .dll files will that work after integration? If these are taken directly from your addon?

If you want, i'll give you my project for translating this Media Center addon, after i go home... There are some Localizations Pack, But i think, you can use .MUI files from Vista/7 but only in my project...