[Video] How To make Silent Switch Installers

ricktendo

ok thanks rick for help me i must test verbox tomarow

a need help me create installer.bat to (move to new folder,delete ) shortcut.lnk at frist logon

inow logout bay i read reply tomarow

If you post the names and locations of the files/folders I will show you how this can be done also with config.txt

Hi rick I testing addon on VirtualBox with big S and small s but dont work from svcpack and test from other location user\Desktop\SilentSwitchMaker

eror.rar

and this is my req some shortcut may not exit EXIST

req.txt

mona are you blind?

The S you are using is small, geez!!!

hjjf2.png

this is picture of error for small s and not install but when using big S Nothing get error and not install :sad02: :sad01_anim:

If you are using a sfx you split from another silent switch installer it remembers the config.txt, if you are doing this then make a new one from the one you downloaded with icon and stuff

Mona this is simple, here is your error (pay attention this is the last time I will discuss this):

;!@Install@!UTF-8!

RunProgram="Windows_Live_Mail.msi /qn /norestart"

AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\WindowsLive /v Install /d %%s\\WindowsLiveMail.exe /f"

GUIMode="2"

;!@InstallEnd@!

Use this config.txt instead:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\WindowsLive /v Install /d %%S\\WindowsLiveMail.exe /f"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

If you are using a sfx you split from another silent switch installer it remembers the config.txt, if you are doing this then make a new one from the one you downloaded with icon and stuff

Mona this is simple, here is your error (pay attention this is the last time I will discuss this):

Use this config.txt instead:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\WindowsLive /v Install /d %%S\\WindowsLiveMail.exe /f"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

i using your config but not write in registry this is my sfx7zsd.rar

Where are you from?

So I can maybe ask somebody who knows your language to explain it to you

This is the last time I will explain, use this config.txt with a new fresh 7zsd.sfx (remake it, start from scratch)

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

I think your error is you made a silent switch installer with a config.txt that did not work, then you tried to make a new silent switch installer with a new config.txt but instead of making a fresh 7zsd.sfx you opened WindowsLiveMail.exe in 7zip splitter and retrieved the sfx and made your new installer with the new config.txt

The problem with this is when you do this the 7zsd.sfx you split from the old bad installer will remember the old broken config.txt data and you will not be able to fix or change your bad switch or add reg

So start with everything new

Where are you from?

So I can maybe ask somebody who knows your language to explain it to you

This is the last time I will explain, use this config.txt with a new fresh 7zsd.sfx (remake it, start from scratch)

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

I think your error is you made a silent switch installer with a config.txt that did not work, then you tried to make a new silent switch installer with a new config.txt but instead of making a fresh 7zsd.sfx you opened WindowsLiveMail.exe in 7zip splitter and retrieved the sfx and made your new installer with the new config.txt

The problem with this is when you do this the 7zsd.sfx you split from the old bad installer will remember the old broken config.txt data and you will not be able to fix or change your bad switch or add reg

So start with everything new

Thankyou very much rick I CREATED NEW WIN XP ON VirtualBox With new config.txt and my new 7zsd.sfx with

big S and worked .thankyou very much :graduated: :throb: :beerchug: :worthy:

well :cheff: if the sfx isn't fresh sometimes that will cause the switchless install to fail no matter how many times you remake it ...

ill see if i can make some switchless install maker that will auto grab switches from a list and give an convert to runonceX installer (optionally)

But I mean literally the config.txt will stay embedded into the split sfx, so never reuse a sfx you split from another silent switch installer

Here is a nLite.sfx I split from my silent switch nLite.exe installer you can clearly see the config.txt still incorporated into the sfx and its impossible to overwrite it

sfxdz2.png

But I mean literally the config.txt will stay embedded into the split sfx, so never reuse a sfx you split from another silent switch installer

Here is a nLite.sfx I split from my silent switch nLite.exe installer you can clearly see the config.txt still incorporated into the sfx and its impossible to overwrite it

sfxdz2.png

rick do you can help me for creation req

• 5 weeks later...

Someone over at msfn.org suggested I watch these videos, I must say they are excellently done. Thank you so much for taking the time to create them. Do you by chance still plan to make the 4th video? I hope you do because I found the videos to be very informative. For me there is a huge difference between reading a tutorial and watching someone demonstrate it, there is just no comparison.

Thank you,

ss3

• 4 months later...

Yes you need to add the AutoInstall section and during svcpack you need to launch your 7zsfx.exe with the command -ai example

[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]
NameOfInstaller.exe -ai

This way the program will not install it will simply add the RunOnceEx entries and when your PC reboots and you 1st log in the installer will be launched (without the -ai switch) and it will do what is in RunProgram section of config.txt

BTW the example config.txt is on the 1st post

Yes you need to add the AutoInstall section and during svcpack you need to launch your 7zsfx.exe with the command -ai example

[EditFile]

[AddProgram]
NameOfInstaller.exe -ai

This way the program will not install it will simply add the RunOnceEx entries and when your PC reboots and you 1st log in the installer will be launched (without the -ai switch) and it will do what is in RunProgram section of config.txt

BTW the example config.txt is on the 1st post

OK, Rick. Then, for example, if to want to make this with nlite- 1.4.9.1 - installer.exe, the config.txt archives and entries_nlite.ini would be in the way below?

Config.txt:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\nlite /v Install /d %%S\\ nLite-1.4.9.1.installer.exe /VERYSILENT /MERGETASKS=desktopicon /NORESTART /f"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

Entries_nlite.ini:

[general]
builddate=15.05.2009
description=
language=Portuguese Br
title=nLite
version=1.4.9.1
website=

[EditFile]

[AddProgram]
nLite_Addon.exe -ai

No, you dont need to make a RunOnceEx addon for nLite because it will install fine during SVCPACK

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="nLite-1.4.9.1.installer.exe /VERYSILENT /MERGETASKS=desktopicon /NORESTART"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

[general]
builddate=15.05.2009
description=
language=Portuguese Br
title=nLite
version=1.4.9.1
website=

[EditFile]

[AddProgram]
nLite_Addon.exe

You do the RunProgram same as you would do it normally, you add what you want to happen when you double click it...the AutoInstall is extra it is what will happen if you add -ai to the exe, it will skip RunProgram and it will do whatever you put in AutoInstall sections in this case we add some reg entries to not run the installer now but to run it during 1st login

Here is what your nLite example would look like corrected

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="nLite-1.4.9.1.installer.exe /VERYSILENT /MERGETASKS=desktopicon /NORESTART"
AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\nLite /ve /d \"nLite Addon\" /f"
AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\nLite /v Install /d %%S\\ nLite_Addon.exe /f"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

See if you run nLite_Addon.exe it will install normally, but if you run it with the -ai switch it will not install, instead it will add ROEx entries with the path to wherever you launched nLite_Addon.exe from (thats what %%S is the path to the silent installer) and it will run and do whatever is in RunProgram

BTW I added the extra Reg Add line you can remove it you dont need it but this is what it will display (disregard the error box)

Thanks a lot Rick!

I go to test and rank the result.

:thumbsup_anim:

Hi Rick, All addons had worked very well! It sees image below:

post-6659-1242644140_thumb.jpg

It remains only one doubt: exactly that I add the RunCleanupX2 finally in the nlite, it always is executed first. And I want that it is executed finally!

It has as to determine the sequence of installation through enclosed commands REG in the config.txt archive?

Solved!

In the line of REG ADD, It substitutes the name of the program for a sequential numeration, as below:

AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\010 /ve /d \"nLite Addon\" /f"

AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\010 /v Install /d %%S\\ nLite_Addon.exe /f"

This decided the problem.

:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by xspeed_one

Do you by chance still plan to make the 4th video?

I hope you do because I found the videos to be very informative.

For me there is a huge difference between reading a tutorial and watching someone demonstrate it, there is just no comparison.

Thank you,

ss3

Bump. :thumbsup_anim:

• 4 weeks later...