[Video] How To make Silent Switch Installers

ricktendo

• 4 months later...

@ricktendo

Rick, can you check the syntax for the following. I keep getting confused with when to and when not to use quotes and / characters. Also I was wondering if the code can be shortened or cleaned-up in any way? For example can I leave the msiexec out? Any insight you can provide is much appreciated.

;!@Install@!UTF-8!RunProgram="hidcon:\"%SystemRoot%\system32\msiexec.exe\" /i AppleApplicationSupport.msi TRANSFORMS="AppleApplicationSupport.mst" /qn";!@InstallEnd@!
OR
;!@Install@!UTF-8!RunProgram="hidcon:msiexec.exe /i AppleApplicationSupport.msi TRANSFORMS=AppleApplicationSupport.mst /qn";!@InstallEnd@!
OR
;!@Install@!UTF-8!RunProgram="hidcon:msiexec.exe /i AppleApplicationSupport.msi TRANSFORMS="AppleApplicationSupport.mst" /qn";!@InstallEnd@!
Edited by dotfusion

The second one, and you can skip the msiexec part (you only need to use quotes if a filename or path has a space)

;!@Install@!UTF-8!RunProgram="AppleApplicationSupport.msi /qn /norestart TRANSFORMS=\"AppleApplicationSupport.mst\"" ;!@InstallEnd@!
Add %%T\\ to the transforms if it cannot be found
;!@Install@!UTF-8!RunProgram="AppleApplicationSupport.msi /qn /norestart TRANSFORMS=\"%%T\\AppleApplicationSupport.mst\"" ;!@InstallEnd@!

Thanks for the insight, just one question, will the SFX installer stop with an error if the tranforms cannot be found?

Add %%T\\ to the transforms if it cannot be found

Also, if there are no spaces, then this would also work?

;!@Install@!UTF-8!RunProgram=AppleApplicationSupport.msi /qn /norestart TRANSFORMS="AppleApplicationSupport.mst";!@InstallEnd@!
Edited by dotfusion

Thanks again, I'm starting to understand and it's becoming quite clear. I would appreciate it If you could just give one last look at the syntax of the following 'config' before i post it. Thanks in advance.

Also I was wondering -- If the stock installer from Apple does not require a restart when installed on a live system if I could do away with the /norestart switch?

;!@Install@!UTF-8!;Default iTunes ONLY w/o prgress barRunProgram="AppleApplicationSupport.msi /qn /norestart TRANSFORMS=\"AppleApplicationSupport.mst\""RunProgram="x64:AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi /qn /norestart TRANSFORMS=\"AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.mst\""RunProgram="x64:iTunes64.msi /qn /norestart TRANSFORMS=\"iTunes64.mst\"";[/ai] iTunes/Bonjour w/o progress barAutoInstall="AppleApplicationSupport.msi /qn /norestart TRANSFORMS=\"AppleApplicationSupport.mst\""AutoInstall="x64:AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi /qn /norestart TRANSFORMS=\"AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.mst\""AutoInstall="x64:Bonjour64.msi /qn /norestart TRANSFORMS=\"Bonjour64.mst\""AutoInstall="x64:iTunes64.msi /qn /norestart TRANSFORMS=\"iTunes64.mst\""GUIMode="2"MiscFlags="4";!@InstallEnd@!
Edited by dotfusion

Yea you can do away with /norestart if the program does not prompt you to reboot, and your config looks good

You could always add /norestart switch when you run your sfx, this will get passed along and added to all the RunProgram or AutoInstall commands

This is why SetIni.exe in my MsSecEs installer works, when you add xx-XX parameter it is added to the SetIni RunProgram and completes the command...it is also added to the setup.exe command but setup.exe ignores this

When you run my mseinstall_x86_x64_intl.exe es-ES this is what happens

RunProgram="hidcon:setini \"%%T\\%%P\\setup.ini\" Compat Market " <- es-ES is added here after space completing the setini command

Same goes when you use /ai es-ES, /ai is not added because the sfx recognizes this but it does not recognize es-ES so its passed along to the run commands

Rick,

You could always add /norestart switch when you run your sfx, this will get passed along and added to all the RunProgram or AutoInstall commands

Switches added through command-line are passed only to the first Run or AI parameter in the working configuration for the 7zSFX.

For example, if the config.txt has multiple Run parameters and you want to pass a switch to the second or third Run parameter--it can't be done with the module at present time.

• 2 years later...

Hai there,

Thx for the great tut ! I got a quistion.

I want make a silent installer with your tut but i got program that need a name and a reg code for full working. How can i let the silent installer input it automatic?

Many many thx

Sorry for my englisch

• 5 years later...