[FINAL] Away mode (KB902437) MCE Addon

ricktendo

awayeh0.png

Away Mode (KB902437) FINAL

Info: The following is a addon for XP or XPMCE that will install Away mode feature:

SUMMARY

Away mode is a new feature that introduces a power management mode of operation in Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

If Away mode is enabled, the computer enters Away mode instead of standby. The computer enters Away mode when you press the Power button on the remote control. This behavior also occurs when you press SLEEP on the keyboard. After the computer enters Away mode, the computer appears to be turned off. However, the computer is still running. For example, it can still perform functions such as record TV shows or serve Windows Media Extender sessions.

When your computer enters Away mode, the following actions occur:

curious, by adding this key will it make the service start ?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center

"Ident"="4.0"

is there any problems with the service starting or only when using the mc addon together with this .. i guess guys will need to test it before we know

and thanks again Rick for the addon ;)

Edited by ENU_user

That's already included my MCE addon (and added after you update with rollup 2)

I think its hardware dependant...so in a VM it wont install or work

their are many who run tests on real machines so im sure some one will soon tell ...

ok will wait for the news ...

thanks

just installed this on my MCE box via the inf installers. upon reboot, i lost ALL keyboard and mouse support, both PS2 and USB. I'm having to reinstall now, because with no input, I cant even do a system restore. I understand that this was a nLite addon, and installing via .inf probably isnt recomended, but I thought I'd share my results......

OK I was wrong, I got it to work in a VM

Updated addon to final

BTW the BETA did not install all services, this one should work and install 100% had to use devcon to install a couple

Yea hngovr1...you added services but the files were not in drivers directory, that will definitely mess up your pc

I think I will add this to me english mce addon (tho not my spanish one) have some other fixes I need to add to the mce addon, like improoved sonic and ehome file registration on 1st login and also movie maker transition effects registration fix

Will leave this addon up incase any mce users may want it

Off-Topic Comment(Click to Show)
I plan on making addons until me or XP dies (I think I will die first, XP is hard to kill :D)

[Close]

I think I will add this to me english mce addon (tho not my spanish one) have some other fixes I need to add to the mce addon, like improoved sonic and ehome file registration on 1st login and also movie maker transition effects registration fix

I plan on making addons until me or XP dies (I think I will die first, XP is hard to kill :D)

[Close]

what do u mean

lol lol lol

[Close]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Link is down...
yup, link is broken. hope rick doesn't mind this ---> pls see if the attachment is what you need? md5 hash: 54B09570AF9667182A994E470EF62889 is the same as above.
That's already included my MCE addon (and added after you update with rollup 2)
which 1 is - the reg key or the service? rick, if i were to integrate Ricks_XP_to_MCE05_en (& Ricks_MCE_Plus_AddOn & Ricks_Win7MediaCenter1.0_en), would this still be needed or is it already included in [AddOn] Media Center 2005 (English) Oct 3 2009?;) thanks!

edit: basing on these:

OK I was wrong, I got it to work in a VM

Updated addon to final

i don't see it in vm (have not done a live install yet). just wanted to make sure before i reformat.
Updated, removed away mode its crap
do i add this addon separately or it'd be futile to do so? rick, does this work with the 3 addons i mentioned above (because i had them already integrated, including this, yet i don't see the away mode)?

btw, would this work with 5eraph's [Release] Show Hibernate Button (KB893056) Addons? if so, would it add a 5th button when i click on Turn Off Computer? thanks!

Ricks_AwayMode-KB902437.7z

Edited by kiki burgh

hi rick! sorry for bumping ... you might have missed out on seeing this. appreciate your feedback.
just wanted to report that i've already seen the away mode tab. :) i wonder ... would this not have an extra "Away" button as a Turn Off computer options (like Hibernate, Stand By, Turn Off, Restart)? is this even possible? thanks again.