WINNTBBU (Install Billboard) addon help

squidbillyms

I am trying to make a simple addon which will copy my custom WINNTBBU.DLL to the i386 folder (replacing the original) and compress it to WINNTBBU.DL_. I have not been able to make what should surely be a very simple addon. I have my WINNTBBU.DLL file, along with an entries.ini, in a 7z archive, but nLite will not copy it to the i386 directory. What entries should be in my ini file? Please help and thanks in advance.

Edited by squidbillyms

well

i`m not sure about this but here is two ways

first compress your WinntBBu.dll then just paste it in I386

or make an entries and just fill it with some the names and version ...bla bla bla

and compress it with the WinntBBu.ddl (which should be compressed as well)

that all

i hope that helps

well

i`m not sure about this but here is two ways

first compress your WinntBBu.dll then just paste it in I386

or make an entries and just fill it with some the names and version ...bla bla bla

and compress it with the WinntBBu.ddl (which should be compressed as well)

that all

i hope that helps

Thanks for your reply. Pasting it into the i386 directory manually works fine, but I was just hoping to avoid that step by using an addon as I often forget to do it. The addon that I have tried is basically what you describe: a 7z archive with an entries.ini (with only a [General] section) + the WINNTBBU.dll. When I use that with nLite, the WINNTBBU.dll in i386 is not updated/changed from the original.

Edited by squidbillyms

Thanks for your reply. Pasting it into the i386 directory manually works fine, but I was just hoping to avoid that step by using an addon as I often forget to do it. The addon that I have tried is basically what you describe: a 7z archive with an entries.ini (with only a [General] section) + the WINNTBBU.dll. When I use that with nLite, the WINNTBBU.dll in i386 is not updated/changed from the original.

well it should be working

i tested an addon and it worked

i tested it with RVM intergator

dunno maybe nlite got a problem with WINNTBBU.DLL

sorry i couldnt help

i will make some testes and tell you

• 2 weeks later...

What I have done is stripped down my XP SP3 to where I want it. Added the key, dlls, wallpapers , games and so on with no addons, and burnt it to cd. I have it labeled SP3 basic. Then when I'm am ready, I can just add updates and the addons that I want from there, Saves me alot of time each time I need a newer copy. You may try that..works for me!