[Release] Drive Space Indicator v5.3.7.6

dougiefresh

What Does It Do?

This program changes the icons in My Computer for the drives that are attached the computer. Each drive has a progress bar indicating how full the drive is. The default Icon Theme is the Vista theme. Courtsey of the Configuration GUI, update interval, drive trays, shortcut management, changing the Icon Theme, as well as many different options are available.

Program Requirements:

- Windows 2000, XP or 2003 should work fine. Tested on XP.

- Shell Hardware Detection service needs to be running.

- WMI needs to be installed in order to detect hardware PNP Device IDs.

Links: Home Page, Themes, FAQ, Changelog and Screenshots

Developer Info: Icon Theme Format

NOTICE: Because I accidentally deleted the account that hosted the DSI files, users with any version prior to v5.3.5.0 will have to download the current version from either this thread or the thread at the RyanVM forums. The code has been modified so that should something similar happen, I can redirect the subdomain I have created (http://xptsp.filetap.com) to the correct website and get the update functionality working again.

Download Links:

SFX Install: DriveSpace_v5.3.7.6_SFX.exe (Size: 1,350kb)

MD5: 4F854F8D54DE176ADD904C20954716A1

Silent Installer: DriveSpace_v5.3.7.6_Silent.exe (Size: 1,350kb)

MD5: 2EB254835D33B99CA3D8E5640800EA71

Silent Installer Add-On: DriveSpace_v5.3.7.6_AddOn.7z (Size: 1,303kb)

MD5: E585F5A243DC49DED343D32013DFE2B4

Right now, I'm in the middle of rewriting the GUI. I've got a good portion of it done, but since certain things are handled differently, I've got to implement new versions of old code. Here's the preview of v5.2.0.0: Preview link removed

NOTICE: Don't expect everything to work right now! The new installer isn't written yet and some menu functions aren't implemented at the moment. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Edited by dougiefresh

First post has been updated to include the preview version.... I'm nearly done with the next version, with exception of the new theme building code, new language stuff and the program installer. Hopefully it will be this weekend when it gets released....

Edited by dougiefresh

Ok, the second preview version has been posted on my website. The GUI is pretty much finished, however, much of the GUI is in English and won't be available for translation yet. The language part of the program has to be rewritten, so any language files from v5.1 will be converted to the new format (v5.2 -- which hasn't been finalized yet!).

In addition, the installer has been completely rewritten. You should uninstall previous versions before installing this preview edition. The uninstaller needs to be rewritten yet. It will be completed in the final release.

The Icon Theme Builder will not be in the final release. My intention is to start writing of that part of the program next, once the final version of v5.2.0.0 is published. Any features that will be written later will remain dark/disabled in the menu bar.

So, here it is. Let me know what you think and if there is anything wrong or needing fixed (aside from language-related!).

Drive Space Indicator v5.2.0.0 Preview 2 link removed

EDIT: The installer requirement in this preview edition is be removed in the final version, as the final will call the removal functions for both the SFX and the Inno Installer. Just thought y'all should know.

Edited by dougiefresh

Good question. The short answer to this question is: LOTS!

The Long Answer: This program started out in an add-on created by Kel. It was based on a program by JoeJoe, which was launched once at system startup. I wrote an AutoIt program that would update the icons in a similar fashion to JoeJoe's program. It got updated for a while, then programming stopped for about a year. Mind you, I haven't followed Kel's thread much since, but I don't think much development has occurred with the program in his add-on.

I came back to this program and decided to start updating the program. Because I wanted to be able to control the first post (primarily so I could update the program faster), I started a thread of my own and continued development. As you'll see in the changelog, much development has happened to the program since.

I'll try to sum up the changes between the two add-ons:

- Support for different sets of icons, called Icon Themes.

- 3 Themes currently included: Vista, VistaBlue, WinXP.

- Tray menu for both the program and all drives.

- a GUI which most options can easily be examined and/or changed.

- CD-ROM, USB and FireWire and Removable drive support

- Multi-Language support, with 14 languages currently supported. (Update 11/28: 13 languages)

- Update checking code.

Other stuff under development at this time:

- Integrated program installer and uninstaller. (Update 11/28: Complete!)

- Icon Theme builder code.

- Ability to quickly update language and theme files easily.

Edited by dougiefresh

Ok! I think version 5.2.0.0 is ready to go. So, without further ado, here it is:

What's Changed with Version 5.2.0.0:

- GUI has been reorganized.

- Most non-drive options moved to menu bar.

- Language file format completely reorganized with MANY NEW strings!

- Ability to browse to both RyanVM and WinCert forum threads.

- Ability to open browser to contact language translators.

- Multiple-plural language situations now able to be dealt with.

- About and Special Thanks now have their own dialog box and are localizable.

- New "60 minutes" update interval available.

- New "Never" update interval available (1,000,000 minutes = approx. every 2 years)

- Update code changed so that new language releases won't interfere with older versions.

- Serbian language translation was removed, as conversion script screwed it up BAD!

- New Inno-like installer written from the ground up.

- New uninstaller written from the ground up.

Decision changes that I've made:

- New versions will be labeled v5.2.n.0, not v5.2.0.n (where n is the next release number).

- The last digit will be reserved for minor revisions, such as language or theme updates.

- The last digit will also be used to beta test code changes before releasing to general public.

- Old language versions (anything prior to v5.2.0.0) won't be supported anymore.

- I will be working to remove 24x24 icons from each theme, as I can't find standard icons that also use that resolution.

======================================

What's Changed in v5.2.1.0:

- Fixed out-of-bounds error issue when script is paused.

- Fixed undefined variable error issue when user switches languages.

- Added COM error handler to script to try to get exception thingy to go away...

Side Note: Anyone notice that in v5.2.0.0, you can double-click on the tray icon and the GUI pops up....... (?)

Edited by dougiefresh

Nice update, x64 link was wrong in your post, i've fixed it ;)

Is there any change in language file in this update?

And, offtopic but I'll change the "Contact" link in lang file, will put pm link for wincert. Does it matter for you?

Edited by MrNxDmX

Nice update, x64 link was wrong in your post, i've fixed it ;)
Thanks a lot. I've been meaning to update this thread again....
Is there any change in language file in this update?
Yep. Lots of changes in the language file, specifically lots of new strings. Info on the multiple-plural thingy is here, if you need it. (I sent you a PM about the language file on the RyanVM forums, if it helps....)
And, offtopic but I'll change the "Contact" link in lang file, will put pm link for wincert. Does it matter for you?
Nope. The program opens whatever link is specified, so it will be fine. Edited by dougiefresh

What's Changed in v5.2.2.0:

- Reverted back to previous version of AutoIt - Should take care of Exception problem.

- Icons don't have box around them anymore.

- Czech language file has been updated, courtsey of khagaroth.

- Polish language file has been updated, courtsey of RedWine.

- French language file has been updated, courtsey of Bober101.

- New strings INST_4B and INST_4C resolve the issue RedWine found.

- New Silent installer (basically SFX installer with /SILENT instead of /INSTALL switcH)

What's Changed in v5.2.2.1:

- Fixed language string issue found by RedWine.

Note: All language updates available in v5.2.2.0 are available by way of the update functionality in the program.

UPDATE 11/28: Update code in v5.2.2.x doesn't work.

Edited by dougiefresh

What's Changed in v5.2.2.2:

- Minor change in code to fix the update downloading/installing code. (Incomplete)

- Updated Czech language file, courtsey of khagaroth.

What's Changed in v5.2.3.0:

- Update code fixed. Another function resized the updates array before the script could use the contents.....

- String formatting code modified so that using "%s2" in the string specifies using second string first.

This update cannot be downloaded using v5.2.0.0, v5.2.1.0, or v5.2.2.x because of the above mentioned problems with the update code.

Edited by dougiefresh

What's Changed in v5.2.2.2:

- Minor change in code to fix the update downloading/installing code. (Incomplete)

- Updated Czech language file, courtsey of khagaroth.

What's Changed in v5.2.3.0:

- Update code fixed. Another function resized the updates array before the script could use the contents.....

- String formatting code modified so that using "%s2" in the string specifies using second string first.

This update cannot be downloaded using v5.2.0.0, v5.2.1.0, or v5.2.2.x because of the above mentioned problems with the update code.

can you remove that "serbia lang inf" request when installing..

It pops up and one has to cancel to continue.

Thank you

can you remove that "serbia lang inf" request when installing..

It pops up and one has to cancel to continue.

Thank you

silent installer was blocked by line 6 GUIMode="2"

and Serbian.ini is not included

working great,hope more skin thanks.

What's Changed in v5.2.3.1:

- SFX "GUIMode" issue has been corrected.

- Fixed update issue where language file wasn't listed for updating like it should of.

- Serbian language has been removed from the addon INF.

===============================================

bjfrog and qwesta: Thanks for the bug reports. I've fixed those issues. Sorry about that.

bjfrog: I'm sorry. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "hope more skin thanks"....

Edited by dougiefresh

What's Changed in v5.2.3.1:

- SFX "GUIMode" issue has been corrected.

- Fixed update issue where language file wasn't listed for updating like it should of.

- Serbian language has been removed from the addon INF.

===============================================

bjfrog and qwesta: Thanks for the bug reports. I've fixed those issues. Sorry about that.

bjfrog: I'm sorry. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "more skin thanks"....

Thank you but now the following :-

Program configuration- menu- nothing works at all ;options:- "uncheck ..anything " doesn't work e.g "start with windows" or delete icons on Program exit"

do you mind to fix this too? I'm testing the cab version

Thank you

What's Changed in v5.2.4.0:

- Fixed situation where opened window can't be closed by program if another subwindow is opened.

- Made sure Serbian language file v5.1.x.x and older is deleted at install.

- Fixed program's formatting string function so that "%s2" actually works to swap the two parameters passed.

- Timer interval between updates changed to 1.5 seconds instead of immediately upon device insert/removal.

Qwesta: I'll look into these issues.

EDIT: I can verify that "Start with Windows" menu option works. The "Delete icons on program exit" checks/unchecks the "Start with Windows" option in the menu. The "Show Program Icon" and "Use Icon in Icon Theme" options work as designed. Also the "Check for Updates Daily" checkbox works as designed. None of the above mentioned options prompt for confirmation when selected, though. I've fixed the problem functions and these fixes will be available in the next release.

Edited by dougiefresh

What's Changed in v5.2.5.0:

- Fixed blank "Uninstall Complete" message.

- Fixed issue where selecting "Delete Icons on Program Exit" unchecks/checks "Start with Windows" in menu.

- Fixed minor issue where complete link was stored in array for update function.

- Fixed minor issue with edit controls on Install page 3 (Install Path) and 5 (Shortcut Path).

- Added code to try to make icons appear on Icon Theme tab on x64 systems.

Everybody: Oh, I forgot to tell y'all. I've updated my web site to make sure everything is correct, such as screenshots, FAQs, etc, etc.

I have also modified the rebuilding script so that the updates file, the main page of my web site, and the first post in both the RyanVM and WinCert threads are all updated by the script. So, it should be easier not only to download the updates as they become available, but to use my web site as well.

============================================================

What's Changed in v5.2.5.1:

- Fixed edit fields in Installer Page 3 and 5.

Edited by dougiefresh

What's Changed in v5.2.5.2:

- "Install Complete" page modified so that all text is seen correctly.

- Code for "Visit Support" & "On The Web" features rewritten to support different default browsers.

- Added "Main_10" to language file for "No Internet Browser" message.

What's Changed in v5.2.5.3:

- Reversion of code modification for Preview tab.

Edited by dougiefresh