[Release] Drive Space Indicator v5.3.7.6

dougiefresh

What's Changed in v5.3.0.0:

- Update code changed to check MD5's on Icon Theme files instead of time stamps.

- Added code to wait routine to make sure program icon is shown when requested.

- Modified code to get 60 minutes and "Never" setting working properly.

Everybody: I've released a new Icon Theme called XPtsp, based heavily on the VistaBlack theme that was earlier released. I've got some more work to do on the some of the icons, as some don't exactly "fit" into the Icon Theme as well as think they should....

The VistaBlue Icon Theme has also been rereleased, modified heavily based on the VistaBlack theme that was earlier released. I felt it would be better to have a common appearance in the theme, as it looked to be a mish-mash of appearances....

Also, I'm working on reducing the size of the Icon Themes. The 24x24 icon is not a "standard" icon size and many other icons don't use it. Even most of the standard Windows icons don't have a 24x24! So out the door it goes! Dropping the 24x24 icon size shrinks the size of the Icon Theme to barely over 3mb each!

Anyway, I'm still working on the other themes. They should be completed by the end of the weekend.

Edited by dougiefresh

Guest snakecracker
Hi,

thx for your nice program.

By changing themes not all icons will be refreshed. I changed form MacOSX to XP... and different icons will be shown.

See screenshot:

scrshotox0.th.jpg

Screenshot

do you mean the Windows XP cd icon?

Guest snakecracker
Hi,

no man, as you can see the network drive is shown as RAMdrive and the green icon is one of the MAC OSX icon.

have you tried using a different theme then changing back to that theme???

if not try this..

and if it is the same you may have to use a different theme for now untill the problem is solved.

sorry if this does not help you :(

confirmed, net drive iocn will be shown as ram drive,

@dougie ,did you meant no more need the 24x format in all icons ?

let me do vistablack and the other two mac,i can cut them off less than 2 min,btw ill update netdrive icon of vistablack theme,and i got two groups of icons for DSI,Now they still need some time to be fixed

Yeah, no more 24x since it's not a "standard" icon size for most software. I've gotten most of the VistaBlack theme done, since I duplicated and fixed most of the icons into the VistaBlue and the new XPtsp themes.

EDIT: Updated VistaBlack theme is now available online.

EDIT2: Oh, yeah! I forgot to mention that I've updated the Themes page of my web site. It now lists all of the themes available in the program.

Edited by dougiefresh

What's Changed in v5.3.0.2:

- Added XPtsp Icon Theme, which is based heavily on VistaBlack theme.

- Modified VistaBlue Icon Theme, based heavily on VistaBlack theme.

What's Changed in v5.3.0.3:

- Variables changed so that hopefully network <-> ramdisk problem is solved.

- Modified VistaBlack Icon Theme to eliminate 24x24 icons.

EDIT: I think the issue with the network and ramdisk drive icons being confused by the program is a function is inadvertantly changing a global variable being used by the main loop. Hopefully I've gotten it fixed....

Edited by dougiefresh

What's Changed in v5.3.0.2:

- Added XPtsp Icon Theme, which is based heavily on VistaBlack theme.

- Modified VistaBlue Icon Theme, based heavily on VistaBlack theme.

What's Changed in v5.3.0.3:

- Variables changed so that hopefully network <-> ramdisk problem is solved.

- Modified VistaBlack Icon Theme to eliminate 24x24 icons.

EDIT: I think the issue with the network and ramdisk drive icons being confused by the program is a function is inadvertantly changing a global variable being used by the main loop. Hopefully I've gotten it fixed....

Hi again,

k all network drives are shown now as RAM drives when I change to XPtsp, I hope I do not get on your nerves.

sincerly

scrstgy1.jpg

w960.png

What's Changed in v5.3.1.0:

- Downgraded back to previous version of AutoIt (v3.2.10.0).

- Replaced MD5Deep program with CabLite.DLL, which can do more and occupy less space.

- Internalized MD5 hashing and uncabbing functions using CabLite.DLL.

- Fixed installer so that all other versions of DSI are terminated before attempting to copy.

- Fixed update code so that Icon Theme files will download properly.

- Fixed the update-cycle code so that Network drives aren't shown as RamDisk drives.

just try this version

some problem happen to me

INF addon:

md5deep.exe is still on the file copying list in inf addon

a error tip will be shown when i exit main app manually,this wont happen to sfx and silent installer

20090102151608rv2.th.jpg

sfx and silent install:

when apply new blue theme

Gmail drive cant be assigned any drive icon

and DVD drive is being shown as ISO drive icon, CD or Virtual CD drive is being shown as DVD drive icon

BTW my USB stick is always be shown as removable drive icon never be specified to the USB stick icon ,does the code for usb stick has not been finished yet?

Evidentally, one of the icons right before the CD-ROM drive icon was omitted. I'll fix it shortly.

I'll also fix the add-ons so that file omissions won't happen again.....

Regarding your USB stick icons, you can go into the Drives tab on the GUI. Select the drive you want to change, then press the button at the bottom of the window labeled "Change Type for Selected Drive" (in English). The next window will allow you to select the proper drive type.

Regarding the detection code, it will always remain incomplete because of the sheer number of PNP Device IDs out there for hardware. There is no easy way to detect if something is a particular type of hardware, so that is where the code for the above actions came from....

I haven't been able to reproduce the fatal error you show. I'll try again later today....

Thanks for the bug report!

Edited by dougiefresh

What's Changed in v5.3.1.1:

- Missing Icon in Blue Icon Theme has been included.

- Missing Icon in MacBlack and MacRed themes have been included.

- New MacGray theme has been included.

- Add-Ons fixed so that MD5Deep program was replaced by cablite.dll.

- New Icon Themes included in Add-Ons.

yeah ,cablite.dll file not be included in the inf addon

and i knew what cause the fatal error,just copy cablite.dll to DSI installation folder from silent installer,problem solved.

oh man, I think you need have a good rest from my experience :sleeping_03anim:

Ok, I've submitted a request for this thread to be moved to the SVCPACK forum, since the add-on is no longer a true addon. Now I only have to deal with 1 installer....

I've reuploaded the add-on with the silent installer replacing the INF/CAB combo. I'm sorry if this inconviences anyone....