[Release] Drive Space Indicator v5.3.7.6

dougiefresh

• 1 month later...

What's Changed in v5.3.6.0:

- Updated AutoIt to latest stable release (again... urgh!)

- Updated Russian language file, courtsey of courtesy of Ruslan A. Kuzmenkov.

- Rewrote PNP detection for mass-storage drives.

- Removed code dealing with virtual drive detection.

- Modified code to help 32-bit Explorer running on 64-bit OS show icons properly.

- Updated links in About menu to point to proper URLs.

- Modified code so that message boxes are linked to GUI.

What's Changed in v5.3.6.1:

- Sorted Drive list on the Drives tab in GUI.

- Restored PNP detection code with minor modification.

- Added check to make sure drive is ready before creating tray icon.

- Removed ability to create tray icon for floppy drives.

What's Changed in v5.3.6.2:

- Code for ComSel modified so that Component array is populated.

What's Changed in v5.3.6.3:

- Finally eliminated floppy drive grind.

- Fixed a problem with the PNP array when inserting new hardware.

What's Changed in v5.3.6.4:

- Reverted PNP detection code back to pre-v5.3.6.0.

- Modified code to search for icon theme if one hasn't been selected.

- Redetect Drive Types code modified to relaunch GUI after redetection.

- All floppy grinds seem to be gone.

- Removable devices are detected as removable instead of floppy drives.

- Component Selection page has been removed from install process.

NOTE: If you have used any of the v5.3.6.x series, please redetect the drive types (GUI -> Program menu -> Redetect All Drive Types). This should correct any issues that these versions may have caused.

Also, since I've upgraded AutoIt to the latest stable version, I will be sticking with it from now on.

OTHER NOTES: It seems that my build script messed up something royally for the update functionality, as v5.3.6.4 wasn't released until just now. It shouldn't have gotten out. If you tried to use the update functionality and download the "update", I would suggest downloading the latest SFX, as it is "final" for v5.3.6.4. I apologize for any inconvenience that this caused.

• 2 months later...

I just integrated this and when I did an install I get a tiny window pop up that says "Test" in the title bar and has a sharing icon in the middle of it.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Worse still it has appeared after install once the desktop has appeared and the window won't close! In fact, the window pops up every time you run DSI and won't go until you quit the program by right clicking the on taskbar icon. Also there is a file on the desktop called "TestWrite.png"

Here is a screenshot.

post-9241-125727017342_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zoom7000

I just integrated this and when I did an install I get a tiny window pop up that says "Test" in the title bar and has a sharing icon in the middle of it.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Worse still it has appeared after install once the desktop has appeared and the window won't close! In fact, the window pops up every time you run DSI and won't go until you quit the program by right clicking the on taskbar icon. Also there is a file on the desktop called "TestWrite.png"

Here is a screenshot.

:blink: Oops... I must have been sleeping when I compiled that code. :blush: I included some code that was going to help me combine icons together and didn't realize that the code had it's own GUI that it created! I've removed the "offending" code from DSI and uploaded v5.3.7.1. It's in the first post! Thank you for reporting that and I'm sorry about that....

EDIT: I just realized that my profile's email address on file points to an email account that has been closed for quite some time. I've corrected my e-mail address, so I should get notifications of new posts....

• 4 months later...

ican't visit http://xptsp.filetap.com anyway :(

You can find their website located @ Drive Space Indicator

I inserted the updated 32-Bit AddOn for nLite: 'DriveSpace_v5.3.7.1_AddOn.7z' but nLite shows that this is version v5.3.3.0, It might just be that it is actually up to date but maybe not updated in the 'Entries_DriveSpace.ini' file the download is packaged with.. If so the Entries_in DriveSpace.ini need to be updated to show the correct information.

Edited by Sk8_rDude_CR

ican't visit http://xptsp.filetap.com anyway :(
I really apologize about the delay in the response. I've updated the first post with the new web address. I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.

You can find their website located @ Drive Space Indicator

I inserted the updated 32-Bit AddOn for nLite: 'DriveSpace_v5.3.7.1_AddOn.7z' but nLite shows that this is version v5.3.3.0, It might just be that it is actually up to date but maybe not updated in the 'Entries_DriveSpace.ini' file the download is packaged with.. If so the Entries_in DriveSpace.ini need to be updated to show the correct information.

Hmmmm.... I wasn't aware of this small issue. I'll update the addon so that this is resolved. Thank you for reporting this.

• 6 months later...

What's Changed in v5.3.7.2:

- Both SFX and Silent Installer now require Admin priviledges to install.

- Updated code to work with latest version of AutoIt (v3.3.6.0).

- Updated ModernMenu code to work better with Vista and Windows 7 x64 editions.

- Added code so that tray icons will reappear if Windows shell (Explorer) crashes.

WOW!!! A new version has been released! :thumbsup_anim: I know that this isn't the version everybody was hoping for, but I'm coming back to finish what I started..... :blush: and I never intended for DSI to languish for almost a year.... :shy:

The ModernMenu code changes were made courtesy of Holger in his forum thread. Thanks, Holger!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hell, I did not know you were even still working on this dougiefresh. I followed your work religiously over on ryanvm.net, so I am glad to see you are still developing it.

I've been working on other things and hadn't really given this any more thought.... I may give it another shot to implement some of the wish list that I had before I stopped working on this. I just don't know yet.... Things haven't exactly mellowed out the last two years and frankly, it's been a struggle to keep up, especially with my workplace making increased demands upon my time. But I can't complain.... a lot of people are out of work and I'm still working. That must be a good thing.... right? :g:

What's Changed in v5.3.7.4:

- Renamed SVCPACK filename from DriveSpace.exe to DriveSpc.exe.

- Delete Start Menu shortcuts upon Uninstall.

NOTE: I know some people may be wondering why I didn't rename the SFX to DrvSpace.exe. Well, here's the answer: The executable must shut down all other instances of Drive Space Indicator. It seems that if I name the SFX that, the whole AutoIt installer gets kinda screwed up and installation doesn't finish.....

In addition, while the add-on can be used to add the latest copy of DSI to your install, it should NOT be used to update your DSI. If you do, there will be two copies of DSI in your install source and I cannot tell you which will end up installed.

Thanks mooms for the bug reports!

BTW, Thanks crashfly for your continued interest in this project!

I know what this program is supposed to do, so is there any point in trying to run it on a Windows 7 machine? (short of having the easy customizable icons) Your description says it runs on XP, but I am just curious if this has been tried on a newer OS.

I know what this program is supposed to do, so is there any point in trying to run it on a Windows 7 machine? (short of having ) Your description says it runs on XP, but I am just curious if this has been tried on a newer OS.

Well, I know (from personal experience that I just obtained) that it does work on Windows 7. I've been told it works on Vista. So, yes, it has been tried on newer OSes.

As for "is there any point", it is a matter of personal preference, as it duplicates functionality already present in Windows Vista and later. With exception of the easily customizable icons, it really doesn't add much of anything to those OSes that isn't already present.

Well, I know (from personal experience that I just obtained) that it does work on Windows 7. I've been told it works on Vista. So, yes, it has been tried on newer OSes.

As for "is there any point", it is a matter of personal preference, as it duplicates functionality already present in Windows Vista and later. With exception of the easily customizable icons, it really doesn't add much of anything to those OSes that isn't already present.

Thank you for testing it out. Since I want different icons that what Win7 has to offer, I will give it a shot. Now, if only we could reduce the duplication. ;)

Well, you just might get your wish. Someone on the AutoIt forum created a Icon Image UDF that can load, save and MERGE icons together! So I'm gonna investigate this new UDF and see what I can cobble together, cause I know that you are unhappy with the current "mess" and I'm sure not happy with it, either.... :thumbsup: