[AddOn] Windows Vista RTM Sidebar (XP Only)

ricktendo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like a script error, all I can think of is make sure you have ALL the required software installed: IE7, WMP11, WLAN API (requires MSXML6)

thx but got all that m8 mmmmmmmmm only hapen with some of the gadgets

Dude... Ricardo... words really fail me... you rock beyond measure. This frakking thing really works as advertised, and I take my hat off to you, sir, as I can only aspire to be as knowledgeable and cool as you are some day. I humbly offer thanks and awe.

I hope you do get Battlestar Galactica wherever you are.

Sorry for my bad english...

Did someone know how to make the "Contact Gadget" work? Because I am unable to merge my Outlook Express in it like I did when I try the real vista one... Thank you in advance :D

Hi Ricks, It's me again. Actually I have same problem like Gorki. I cannot use styler. I agree with U, maybe it due to .Net 3 not being Install. I'm using RyanVm .Net AIO pack. It switchless Installer and I run it with RuOnceEx. As you told Gorki the .Net to be installed before Styler addon. How can I run this swithchless installer of RyanVM .Net AIO pack in svcpck?

And the ather problem is, I also can use your sidebar skin patch. Help me please. Thanks

WARNING SUSPECTED FUNCTIONALITIES INTO VISTA SIDEBAR !!!

1. Vista Sidebar to work nEED TO BE CONNECTED TO INTERNET ... WHY?

2. Vista Sidebar CONNECT to a site at port 80 ... but at that site is there a "UNKNOWN" server litening ... WHY?

3. Vista Sidebar does not use DEFAULT NETWORK CONFUGURATION ... WHY?

BE REALLY CAREFULL WITH THIS PRODUCT TILL THIS SOMENONE ANSWARE TI THIS QUESTIONS.

Cya :manual:

Hi Ricks, It's me again. Actually I have same problem like Gorki. I cannot use styler. I agree with U, maybe it due to .Net 3 not being Install. I'm using RyanVm .Net AIO pack. It switchless Installer and I run it with RuOnceEx. As you told Gorki the .Net to be installed before Styler addon. How can I run this swithchless installer of RyanVM .Net AIO pack in svcpck?
Use nlaom, nLite AddOn maker to make your silent switch addon (just leave the switch area blank its already silent)
And the ather problem is, I also can use your sidebar skin patch. Help me please. Thanks
Patch the sidebar.exe that comes with the patches and then copy sidebar.exe to the Sidebar folder overwriting the old one then right click on it and chose Patch and Run Vista Executable
WARNING SUSPECTED FUNCTIONALITIES INTO VISTA SIDEBAR !!!

1. Vista Sidebar to work nEED TO BE CONNECTED TO INTERNET ... WHY?

2. Vista Sidebar CONNECT to a site at port 80 ... but at that site is there a "UNKNOWN" server litening ... WHY?

3. Vista Sidebar does not use DEFAULT NETWORK CONFUGURATION ... WHY?

BE REALLY CAREFULL WITH THIS PRODUCT TILL THIS SOMENONE ANSWARE TI THIS QUESTIONS.

Cya :manual:

1-picture6.gif WTFM You accusing me of making spyware???

I used this method from mr_smartepants

Created addon and it works fine,or you can do as Rick told you.

and here is the procedure :

Here's how I made my own switchless installer addon.

1. Create a text file in notepad, name it "entries_dotnetaio.ini".

2. Open the entries ini file in notepad and paste the following.

Code:

[general]
builddate=15/04/2007
description=Ryan's DOTNET AIO
language=English
version=beta2
website=http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/

[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]
dotnetaio.exe

3. Save and close the ini file.

4. Create a folder named "svcpack" and copy the dotnetaio.exe file into it.

5. Use 7zip to 7z cpmpress both the ini file and the svcpack folder together and name it "ProgramAddons_DOTNETAIO.7z"

Quick and simple. BTW, this works for almost all switchless installers. Very Happy

*EDIT*

If you want this pack to load last at T-13 SVCPACK then:

1. rename the file Zdotnetaio.exe and change it's line in the entries INI

2. rename the INI file to "entries_Zdotnetaio.ini".

3. change the addon name to "ProgramAddons_ZDOTNETAIO.7z"

Ryan's DOTNET AIO beta2

Edited by Gorki

The other things in you mention in the first page that the Sidebar Skin Patches for non Windows Sidebar Styler users? Does it mean when I use it with WSS, the sidebar patch will not working?
You CAN use both the skin patches and then use Windows Sidebar Styler with no probs (if you want to turn off WSS simply delete the 2 DLL's that the program puts in the sidebar folder and that will disable the WSS skin and it will show your patched skin)

I made the skin patches for ppl who CANT get WSS to work or who simply want the same look with the use of less of your CPU resources ;)

Hi Rick. Your Sidebar Skin Patch had more skin choice than included in WSS but it difficult to use. How can I convert your skins in sidebar skin patch to WSS format so that we can use it with WSS that much easier?

With WSS you can copy and paste also export and import sidebar resources... You can move skins around and stuff combining them any way you like.

Here are the skins in wsstyles format (You might have to move some of them around a bit)

http://www.sokoolz.com/addons/r64/Ricks_WSStyles.rar

Here is where I found most http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?libid=66

Hey, i just installed all this and got the sidebar up and running. Quite a few of my gadgets dont seem to work.

All the clocks dont work, i just get a black circular image with a hand pointing upwards.

Other gadgets just display white 2 white blocks or nothing at all.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Hey, i just installed all this and got the sidebar up and running. Quite a few of my gadgets dont seem to work.

All the clocks dont work, i just get a black circular image with a hand pointing upwards.

Other gadgets just display white 2 white blocks or nothing at all.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

ricktendo64 already answered this back in Post #2:

Q: The Gadgets don't work; the Clock Gadget is black, only shows the glass and the second hand

- Go to Add Remove Programs and hit the Change button to re-register the files and Restart the Sidebar

- OR try running this CMD file RegSidebar.rar ( 263bytes )

I used the first method, and it worked perfectly. :thumb_yello:

Is this Wireless LAN API required if we are not using a wireless network? I don't see why this set of APIs is required for the Sidebar?...
YES... VAIO does not use WLan API for anything Wireless it uses it for something totally different

YES... VAIO does not use WLan API for anything Wireless it uses it for something totally different

Thanks for the answer - good to know! Someone claimed that he/she managed to get the Sidebar installed and running without using the WLAN API, but my guess is that he/she did not fully test it.