[AddOn] Windows Vista RTM Sidebar (XP Only)

ricktendo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, I just want to start with saying:

****! Nice project!

However, I have some badnews to announce I'm experiencing.

I installed it 2 weeks ago, and the iweather/weather gadget doesn't update! LOL

according to Weather.....my city's been 8 celsius for 2 weeks straight now.

I've also noticed a lag in performance especially when running games...the games I play stutter every 3/4 seconds when it's running.

Just a head up on it......but great stuff guys, nonetheless!

I installed it 2 weeks ago, and the iweather/weather gadget doesn't update! LOL

according to Weather.....my city's been 8 celsius for 2 weeks straight now.

I had the same problem with the default weather/iweather gadgets. There are other weather gadgets that I tried but they had their shortcomings as well, until I found...

The Weather Network's WeatherEye Gadget for Microsoft Windows Vista Sidebar (http://www.theweathernetwork.com/inter/wea...istaweathereye/)

The Weather Network is Canadian-based, which is perfect for people like you and me who live in Canada! I have found this gadget to be very accurate - it updates once or twice each hour, from what I can tell.

Give it a try!

I try,CAN NOT! :(

(Before I install Windows Vista 5744 Sidebar)

My system:Windows XP Pro SP2

System language:Traditional Chinese

I install VAIOXP, Font, KB918997, Microsoft Core XML Services 6.0.

Then I install Sidebar.

Install finish I run it, have not reaction...

Any word on VAIO build 3 will come out and correct the slideshow bug? It's driving me crazy! Any work-arounds or replacement gadgets that do work on the sidebar dock itself?

Otherwise, good job on the XP port! Took me awhile to get everything that I needed to support it but once I got it up and running it works pretty good! So far, I've only run into one gadget from the gallery that doesn't work.

Any word on VAIO build 3 will come out and correct the slideshow bug? It's driving me crazy! Any work-arounds or replacement gadgets that do work on the sidebar dock itself?

Otherwise, good job on the XP port! Took me awhile to get everything that I needed to support it but once I got it up and running it works pretty good! So far, I've only run into one gadget from the gallery that doesn't work.

VAIO b3 is DEAD rip_1.gifhttp://www.aeroxp.org/board/index.php?showtopic=9002

Here is a slideshow fix made by a friend of mine SlideshowFix.zip

Add it to your sidebar directory if that does not work try adding to the VAIO directory

I get the "This application attempted to delay-load a library function that does not exist. Instability may occur" error with any wireless gadget I add to the sidebar. I have hotfix kb918997 installed and it does appear under add/remove programs, along with IE7 and MSXML parser 6

This error also only comes up when the wireless connection is "connected" If the card is enabled but not yet connected to an access point I can add wireless gadgets without any problem. As soon as the card connects and the gadget starts to monitor the connection the error above appears.

I have tried everything I can think of including uninstalling sp2, reinstalling sp2, then all the patches and hotfixes again. Switching the wireless security from wep to wpa has no effect either.

I have all the prerequisites and the sidebar works great otherwise.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Changelog:

May-19-07 Sidebar v7.05.19

- Added Slideshow Fix to Sidebar Directory (vshell32.dll)

- Updated Live Clock and other gadgets (removed a couple)

- Tweaked INF

Apr-8-2007 Sidebar v2.4

- Improved INF Uninstall script

- Updated iClock and Live Clock

- Added Negative CPU, BBC Radio and JoeJoe.org Gadgets

- New Seperate ATL.DLL AddOn that makes Sidebar Compatible with both XP and 2k3

- Added hacked wlsrvc.dll to fix problem with the Weather gadget not working for some

I currently have the Apr-8-2007 v2.4 version of the Sidebar installed. Should I uninstall it and install the May-19-2007 v7.05.19 version?... or do I simply need to copy the vshell32.dll file to the Sidebar directory?

Thanks! :thumbsup_anim:

Ricktendo64 can you please make a way to run Dreamscene on xp

This is the site where you can download it from: http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=08CSA6GD

these are the files but they only can run in vista.

these files are originally hacked for the purpose off running dreamscene on vista home basic, home premium and on bussines.

p.s. sorry for my bad english im from the netherlands

Thanks for the update! I love that my slideshow gadget now works correctly.

One question- this update seems to have broken the App Launcher gadget. I can no longer add applications to it. Each time it crashes the sidebar and locks up my computer. The App Launcher still works with the default application choices, I just can't add any other (custom) ones.

Anyone else have trouble with this?

Edited by fbnc

Oh and by the way does anybody know wich program does give you the bigger vista icons.

i already got the icons but i want to make them bigger i know how to do it from xp but then also my startmenu icons are getting bigger and i dont want that.

The App Launcher still works with the default application choices, I just can't add any other (custom) ones.

Anyone else have trouble with this?

Yes I just found out that vshell32.dll is from the old VAIO build 1 so its been removed
Oh and by the way does anybody know wich program does give you the bigger vista icons.
I think IconCraft and or IconTweaker can do what you want

Updated Sidebar AddOn see Changelog for details

Removed Slideshow fix (found out it was the old vshell32.dll form VAIO bild 1)

Added CPL shortcut to sidebar properties (Thanks to SoKoOLz)

sidebar2xc7.png

Updated Sidebar AddOn see Changelog for details

Removed Slideshow fix (found out it was the old vshell32.dll form VAIO bild 1)

Added CPL shortcut to sidebar properties (Thanks to SoKoOLz)

sidebar2xc7.png

Sorry to bother you with this question again, Rick, but...

I currently have the Apr-8-2007 v2.4 version of the Sidebar installed. Should I uninstall it and install the May-25-2007 v7.05.25 version?... or is there a simple way to achieve the same results (eg. delete the vshell32.dll file and add the CPL shortcut/file?).

Thanks in advance!