[AddOn] Windows Vista RTM Sidebar (XP Only)

ricktendo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all got a work around for the side show gadget i been using Desktop Wallpaper by Jonathan Abbott and just not using the wallpaper changing part and it works well as side show gadget :D

post-4576-1171570822.png

post-4576-1171828536.png

http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.asp...59b82a&bt=1 or

http://www.aeroxp.org/board/index.php?showtopic=8148

Edited by ipd56

Hi Rick - I need some help, I installed all the components and followed all the steps. Everything works great, except I am getting this error randomly at times in Windows.

I followed these directions:

Link

sidebar.exe

Windows cannot find 'sidebar.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

Now, I am not sure what is causing it or how I can fix this. I installed registry mechanic, ran it, it was no help.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? I think it might because I ran this command, not sure.

Its not becuz of the regtlib bit, that is a necessary part of the install...

Try Re-Registering all the files:

1- Drag and drop wlsrvc.dll and sbdrop.dll into regsvr32.exe thats in the same folder (tell me if the files register correctly)

2- Re-Type the Regtlib sidebar.exe (same as above) into the Run command box and see if any of that helps

Hey Rick - I was able to drag and drop wlsrvc.dll and sbdrop.dll into regsvr32.exe in the C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar folder.

Then I ran the command by going to start --> run --> pasted in the following command:

%VAIOTOOLS%\regtlib

Update:

Hey Rick - I copied the code from one of your pages exactly how it was:

"%VAIOTOOLS%\regtlib.exe" "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe"

Ran it and saw a window pop up -- now am just going to see if I get that edit again - if so I will report back.

Thanks.

I've install that Wlan API, but always the pop-up comes:

"Sorry. This application attempted to delay-load a library or function that does not exist. Instability may occur."

What can I do?

thx

I've install that Wlan API, but always the pop-up comes:

"Sorry. This application attempted to delay-load a library or function that does not exist. Instability may occur."

Are you using any WiFi Gadgets?
Rick - I still get the same edit saying Windows cannot find sidebar.exe
Sorry m8 im outta sugestions

@ Gary Make sure you install the actual Hotfix instead of the AddOn I have posted above (its only meant for Integrating)

will there be an installer for the new version (v7.05.25), or do I only have to click "install" on the inf. file for an installation on a new pc?
If you want you can copy regsvr32.exe from system32 and place it next to the cab archive

Now right click on the .inf file and select install

It will give you an error and ask where is regsvr32.exe, simply browse to it and hit Select then OK and wait awhile

Finally copy Sidebar.inf to C:\WINDOWS\inf (its used for uninstallation)

Guys, I am getting the error "Sorry. This application attempted to delay-load a library or function that does not exist. Instability may occur." but I am running on Windows 2003. I tried running the INF installer for the WLANAPI update anyway, but still get the same error.

Any ideas?

(BTW, I already have IE7, VAIO, and WMP11 installed)

Edited by sublimnl

well, the hotfix is for xp only right? I am running windows server 2003...so what do I do?
You dont need it... BTW you might need another file ATL.DLL from a XP machine in the Windows Sidebar Directory (you might need it not everybody does... drop me a line if you do)