[AddOn] Windows Vista RTM Sidebar (XP Only)

ricktendo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im using your installer now but the other 1 never worked either. wat do u mean integrate it? sry lol

Integrate, I believe Rick wonted to ask U if you slipstreamed sidebar (use it as addon) on your fresh Xp cd with all other needed files like IE7 and WMP11,etc.. ? So did you do whole clean XP install along with other addons including sidebar,etc or did you manually install sidebar latter? :sleeping:

Its regtlib not getting applied.

OK open 2 eplorer windows and you browse to "%ProgramFiles%\VAIOXP\Tools" and in the other browse to "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar" and manually drag and drop sidebar.exe into regtlib.exe

Hi rick,

Thanks first for the nice sidebar and I love it. the only problem I have is the slide show and I tried the fix too but for some reason it shows the pixel wrong. :sweatingbullets:

I used the last installer dunno where i can find the version number because if I right click and go to properties it doesn't show me what version I'm using.

Any suggestion

I have XP Pro SP2

Edited by JurgenDoe

Hi Rick

I installed it and everything worked great! In fact I saw that as I dragged gadgets around on the sidebar to re-arrange them, the others animated smoothly to their new positions.

But today when I fired my computer up, everything works okay, but the smooth animations of movement were gone.

Any thoughts why?

Randy

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have updated the Gadget Extractor program. For those of you who do not know what that is, once installed all you have to do is:

1: Download a new gadget to your hard drive.

2: Double Click the new gadget to auto extract into the shared gadgets folder.

3: Open sidebar and gadget should be there in the Gadget Gallery.

The new install files can be downloaded in Post #3 of this topic. If you try it, let everyong know how it works for you.

Thanks

Fmustang76

Fmustang76 im seeming to have a little trouble with an error message after the gadget extractor extracts a gadget, it works perfect but i get this error message cannot find somthing html i totally forgot wut the whole thing was called but then a congratulations html page opens, and i know there is 2 html things that are to be opened that 1 and an error html, is there a way these can be disabled?

thanks

Are you running Windows XP?? Other than the "success.html" and the "error.html", the only other html page is an operating system error page ("os.html") if Windows XP is not detected and that should halt the extraction process. The only other thing I could think of is that the batch file was trying to open the html page before it was created (I've had that problem with another project). I have it create each html file after extracting each gadget then deleting the html file once opened. I did this for my own preferences to have a confirmation whether everything extracted OK or not and to include the gadget name in the html page. I have updated the files today and included a delay that should allow your PC time to create the file before opening it. If that does not fix the problem please send more details and maybe a screenshot of the error. Yes it can be disabled but you would have to use the batch file option which would display the cmd windows when extracting and edit the batch file manually. Let me know and I can paste the edited batch file to remove the html pages. This project is temporarily still a batch file but I am currently writing a "Real" program to do this in between my other projects. Thanks for the feedback and let me know if the newest upload fixes the error.

Fmustang76

yes i am running on xp, and yes the htmls i was refering to were the success and error, once i click a gadget file it does extract perfectly but it says cannot find success.html in the windows sidebar directory, im pretty good with computers and all so i know the problem, this 1 which is very simple....the success html isnt in my directory nor my computer because i have searched for it but is nowhere to be found, i have tried a reinstall of this and end up with the same results, i havent tried your new gadget extractor yet ,but will today, instead of opening the html file what i think what would look really cool is a message box that comes up that says gadget extracted successful or somthing of that matter, i am also pretty good at making visual enhancements (off topic but my whole visual stle for xp i did, took a theme called panther and put my own bitmaps into it) so perhaps if you decided to shoot for this idea i could design you a look for the message box

errormessage.jpg

heres the updated version of what the message box could look liek if you liked the idea i think this will be the final release of the message box skin, you can just delete the beta 1 i sent to you

ithinkshesdone.jpg

thanks again

Edited by blind031

Hello,

I have tried getting Sidebar running on Server 2003 x64 edition and recieve the atl error. I have tried several different ones to no avail. Also I am not getting the right click "install vista" option. Does this run on 2003 x64 or am I missing something?

Thanks.