Automatic wireless connection not connecting

Stephen47

My son's computer connects with a wireless card. It is set st connect automatically yet whenever he starts it he has to go to the wireless utility and click connect. And it seems to disconnect for no apparent reason. The signal is excellent but it disconnects anyhow. Any thoughts?

My son's computer connects with a wireless card. It is set st connect automatically yet whenever he starts it he has to go to the wireless utility and click connect. And it seems to disconnect for no apparent reason. The signal is excellent but it disconnects anyhow. Any thoughts?

It may be that third part software causing this. Have you tried using integrated windows wireless connection manager, or maybe updating that third party wireless software for you wireless card?

It may be that third part software causing this. Have you tried using integrated windows wireless connection manager, or maybe updating that third party wireless software for you wireless card?

It is using the windows utility to manage the connection.

It was working fine until he took it on the road and had to change to "obtain IP address automatically" I have it set to a static IP address at home because if it is set to automatic it never acquires a network address.

I will have to check if there is an update for the card.

It is using the windows utility to manage the connection.

It was working fine until he took it on the road and had to change to "obtain IP address automatically" I have it set to a static IP address at home because if it is set to automatic it never acquires a network address.

I will have to check if there is an update for the card.

Did you setup a DHCP service on the router?