Windows 7 Taskbar 4 Windows XP

ccl0

Here is Windows 7 Taskbar Beta 2 For Windows XP Home/Professional.

I think this program only supports on 32-bit OS.

If there is anyone that would like to be a beta tester please let me know. Or also help contain some Windows 7 Blue Taskbar for me so I can make this blue like Windows 7... This is basicly the default Windows 7 Taskbar style.

Beta 2 Release:

http://flawless02.deviantart.com/art/Windo...or-XP-105261766

Edited by Flawless02

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello... Everyone, I just did this short quick and fast screen shot of the new Beta 3, this is not released yet. As you can see ive been Busy! LOL...

Details about Beta 3

-----------------------

I have not gotten any help to get the taskbar to detect the current windows open to show icons in the taskbar instead of using a list box. Still currently using a list box.

Gotta glass effects on certain stuff, Going back and forward on everything as I go.

The Start menu is built in... BUT!! you can still use your Normal Windows Start Menu :P

Someone asked me on deviant to make it when you hide quick launch for the 3 big buttons to move left by the start button, and yes it works...

The internet connection computers in the Clock tray area, and yes they detect internet traffic and if you disabled your internet connection. It also has a window to see how many bytes are being incomming and out going bytes.

I fixed the Speaker with the Volume Control when you click once you get the single volume bar...

Also if anyone has errors before because your drive is not C:\ well I have a drive config on here where you select your drive letter...

Also I have alot of people asking to get it to work on Vista... I don't like vista, I won't even touch vista...

For people that want it on vista, just get a theme for your vista.

But here is a screen shot of the Windows 7 Taskbar For XP...

post-11394-1231896599_thumb.jpg

Guest snakecracker

wow looks alot better now!

i don't use XP anymore i use vista.

but i'm thinking of putting it back on my new computer

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi FlawLess02, you taskbar looks great but can you use variable paths like %programfiles%? Because sometimes I don't install XP on C: drive and the italian (and other non-english languages) default program files dir is different from "program files" so the shortcuts are useless

Edited by kontini

• 2 weeks later...
damn.. i neglected my duties by keeping the post updated lol

guess i'll update the topic title now :P

man it`s nothin i was installing a vm to test My Windows Live Messenger Addon

so i was searching and found out so i wanted to tell you

:thumbsup_anim: watch out next time

by the way i almost finish WLM so i will go for upgrading the orb and try to add feature to disable it the time you want

so couple of days and it would be out :icon_cool:

Is it only the drive letter that is different or the path?

This new one has drive config in the icontray.. if you click on the arrow pointing up. and the tray box will show, you will see drive config, you can select the drive letter.

so if it is C: that is the problem or just the path period let me know.

Because I made a cad screen awhile back and during the translate of it I was talking to a guy that had a german OS and he said the path's are the same, but I dont know about your's...

Let me know asap and ill see what I can do.

Hello... Everyone, I just did this short quick and fast screen shot of the new Beta 3, this is not released yet. As you can see ive been Busy! LOL...

Details about Beta 3

-----------------------

I have not gotten any help to get the taskbar to detect the current windows open to show icons in the taskbar instead of using a list box. Still currently using a list box.

Gotta glass effects on certain stuff, Going back and forward on everything as I go.

The Start menu is built in... BUT!! you can still use your Normal Windows Start Menu :P

Someone asked me on deviant to make it when you hide quick launch for the 3 big buttons to move left by the start button, and yes it works...

The internet connection computers in the Clock tray area, and yes they detect internet traffic and if you disabled your internet connection. It also has a window to see how many bytes are being incomming and out going bytes.

I fixed the Speaker with the Volume Control when you click once you get the single volume bar...

Also if anyone has errors before because your drive is not C:\ well I have a drive config on here where you select your drive letter...

Also I have alot of people asking to get it to work on Vista... I don't like vista, I won't even touch vista...

For people that want it on vista, just get a theme for your vista.

But here is a screen shot of the Windows 7 Taskbar For XP...

Sorry, but can you make it work with vista

those of you wanting this for vista might try this http://clifgriffin.com/2008/11/08/hidden-w...-registry-hack/

i dont have vista so i cant say how well it works

i think this is not for vista

this for 7

you can see the last replay in the Site

Hi Jensen,

This is a Windows 7 hack. Windows 7 is the successor to Windows Vista. This modification will not work in Vista.

Clif

this hack was for build 6801

coz the super bar wasn't active in that version

and i didn't see that there is any program to vista untill now

i think this is not for vista

this for 7

you can see the last replay in the Site

it seems that way. seems i got a little confused when they wrote "Vista Superbar Registry Entry" but they must have meant change the win 7 one to be more like vista :P

here is something else i found. http://www.uxpassion.com/2008/12/how-to-ma...like-windows-7/ it doesnt seem to be 100% like win 7 though.

Is it only the drive letter that is different or the path?

Let me know asap and ill see what I can do.

No, is isn't only the drive letter. For instance The italian folder for "Program files" is "Programmi" and for "My Documents" is "Documenti".

It doesn't happen only for Italian XPs, but I know Spanish foldernames are different from english ones.

It would be perfect if you could load the path directly from the registry; these are the two keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion, ProgramFilesDir
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders, Personal

Edit: I see in b3 there are a lot of link in start menu, but also music, pictures, documents, games and recent files are different, so, if you can't use variable paths, it isn't possible to have a multilanguage taskbar.

Edited by kontini

• 3 months later...
No, is isn't only the drive letter. For instance The italian folder for "Program files" is "Programmi" and for "My Documents" is "Documenti".

It doesn't happen only for Italian XPs, but I know Spanish foldernames are different from english ones.

It would be perfect if you could load the path directly from the registry; these are the two keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion, ProgramFilesDir
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders, Personal

Edit: I see in b3 there are a lot of link in start menu, but also music, pictures, documents, games and recent files are different, so, if you can't use variable paths, it isn't possible to have a multilanguage taskbar.

Any download link for Beta3 or new . all links r dead.

Guest snakecracker
Any download link for Beta3 or new . all links r dead.

Maybe if you read the first read the first post. You'll see your answer

nope. hence why i put the word -discontinued- in the title. the guy removed his work from the links i posted. i cant do anything about it and assume he stopped working on it

mods: feel free to lock this topic if you wish

Edited by ccl0