[Tool] NAR - Nero Application Remover

x-shadow-x

NAR (Nero Application Remover) v1.2.4

Well here is my first release, I have been working on this for a little bit, and I want to share it.

29vdses.jpg

Info

Nero original file size: 370Mb's

Nero Unpacked size: 1.74-1.84GB's (depending on what version)

Instructions 

This will step you through all the steps to make a custom installer for Nero 9.
I have made it so you cannot remove crucial files.

You need to extract the Nero 9 installer. Now there are 2 ways you can do this. You can use the Extractor (which is at the bottom of the page), or you can use 7zip. Im going to use the Extractor. Extract the Extractor to where the Nero 9 installer is. Then drag the Nero 9 installer onto the the Extractors exe. The Extractor will open and start extracting the files. Wait untill it extracts then rename the extracted folder to "Nero".

Now to remove the applications and languages you dont need. You will need NAR (which you can get at the bottom of the page). Extract it into the Nero folder and run it. Select the applications and languages you dont want/need and press Ok. It will delete all of the folders containing all of the unneeded applications and languages you selected. If you mess up, just re-extract the installer. Now you need to input your serial at the bottom of the app (where the XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX is), delete the "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" and type\paste your serial in and hit replace. Your serial will replace the dummy serial. Once you have done that, you can select the default language for all of your nero apps (English is default). Once done, click the Create SFX button. It will start making the SFX, it may take a while to compress (depending on how many applications/Languages you removed). Once it has compressed, it is ready.

You now have your slimmed down and silent installer for Nero 9. You can add it to WPI or whatever you want.

Note: You need to input a real serial or the installation will fail.
Note: Do not close NAR when you are creating the SFX.
Note: There is a right click context menu if you need help, its there.

This is still new so if you find any bugs or have an idea to make it better, please post here.

Download:

NAR 1.2.4

http://www.2shared.com/file/4510309/c990a5ca/NAR.html

Extractor

http://www.2shared.com/file/4398293/dad81d99/Extract.html

Download is in bottom right corner.

2v84rq1.jpg

Off-Topic Comment(Click to Show)
NAR 1.1 Made NAR-LR (Nov 22)
NAR 1.1.1 New SFX'r (Nov 24)
NAR 1.1.2 Fixed NAR-LR (Nov 25)
NAR 1.1.3 New Extractor (Nov 26)
NAR 1.2 Fuzed everything together, Fixed some bugs (Nov 29)
Extractor .50 New extractor (Dec 04)
NAR 1.2.1 Fixed problem with extra "," in command line(Dec 7)
NAR 1.2.2 Fixed some major problems with the commandline, added a default language selector (Dec 14)
NAR 1.2.3 Fixed Default language selector, Added a select all/unselect all button, Added blind reader support, You now cannot go past the maximum number of charactures for the serial (so there is the exact ammount), If you mess up on inputing your serial, you can now re input the serial without it erroring, Added another application to remove, Fixed the commandline, error with serial (Dec 21)
NAR 1.2.4 Fixed the command line (Dec 23)

[Close]

Edited by x-shadow-x

Hum, trying to think of a way to make a extractor where you just drag the exe into the other exe. But for now this will do.

Just double click the shortcut and it will point to Extractor.exe if its in the same directory. Or you can create a new shortcut to "Extractor.exe" add these parameters.

x -oNero-Extract

You can rename "Nero-Extract" to anything you want the extracted folder to be. And what extra letters?

Edited by x-shadow-x

Hum, trying to think of a way to make a extractor where you just drag the exe into the other exe. But for now this will do.

Just double click the shortcut and it will point to Extractor.exe if its in the same directory. Or you can create a new shortcut to "Extractor.exe" add these parameters.

x -oNero-Extract

You can rename "Nero-Extract" to anything you want the extracted folder to be. And what extra letters?

Update

NAR 1.2.3

Fixed Default language selector.

Added a select all/unselect all button.

Added blind reader support.

You now cannot go past the maximum number of charactures for the serial (so there is the exact ammount).

If you mess up on inputing your serial, you can now re input the serial without it erroring.

Added another application to remove.

Fixed the commandline, error with serial.

Please download this version, lots of bugs fixed.

Edited by x-shadow-x

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Can't download get connection timeouts from 2shared.com

x-shadow-x:

I have updated an AutoIt script for Nero 7 that does similar options however, to make it easier for users I would like to be able to move the script settings into a ini file and then have a gui in which users can select features and then it creates the AddOn. I really like your GUI what was that done in and would you be willing to share code so I can use with my Nero 7 scripts.

• 2 months later...