[Alky] Windows Sidebar Installer [August 1 2007]

ricktendo

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ mkakaka when do you get that error? before or after install?

at the end of installation.

and this is the last line of "setupapi.log" in "C:\WINDOWS" directory:

#E136 A Profile Item operation failed in section [Accessories.AddShortcut] of "C:\DOCUME~1\YOUSEF~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\7zS53F.tmp\Sidebar.inf". Error 1008: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.

#E065 Parsing ProfileItems section [Accessories.AddShortcut] in "C:\DOCUME~1\YOUSEF~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\7zS53F.tmp\Sidebar.inf" failed. Error 1008: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.

#E064 Parsing install section [DefaultInstall] in "C:\DOCUME~1\YOUSEF~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\7zS53F.tmp\Sidebar.inf" failed. Error 1008: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.

thx rick...

where did u get those icons? :huh:

JurgenDoe: what mods are u using?

Most of the icons you find on the net or go here ----> http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?libid=39 and download the icons you like :thumb_yello:

Some Icons i changed from .png's to .ico's with this little free program ----> http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/lofiversio....php?t6253.html

Hope that helps you :thumbsup_anim:

Ok I have installed this app and I love it! All gadgets are working well exept one :( And that is gadget for sending SMS through my operator website (Simobil - Vodafone - Slovenia). It is installed and shows up as it should but it doesn't work. When I enter my username and password it just says "Connecting" ("Nalagam" in Slovenian language" and it stays there. It doesn't load up. On vista was working 100% but I don't know why isn't working on XP using your app.

Here is the link to offical gadget from my mobile operator:

Click to Download Simobil Gadget

I was hoping that someone could fix this becouse I don't know how this things work.

Tnx in advance!

Is there away to pin the sidebar icon to Vistart menu?

:tumbleweed:

Yes, see screenshot...

post-29-1185040768_thumb.png

You have to edit/replace a one of the links in settings.xml (I replaced Help and Support)

Instructions:

0- Close ViStart

1- Put sidebar.png (attached bellow) in the "ViStart\rollover" folder (this will be used as the hover icon)

post-29-1185040790.png

2- Open settings.xml in any text editor (notepad)

3- Replace any of the current ViStart links in settings.xml with the following (I did it with Help and Support)

<option name="Windows Sidebar" program="%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe" rollover="rollover\sidebar.png"/>

4- Save and Restart ViStart

Yes, see screenshot...

post-29-1185040768_thumb.png

You have to edit/replace a one of the links in settings.xml (I replaced Help and Support)

Instructions:

0- Close ViStart

1- Put sidebar.png (attached bellow) in the "ViStart\rollover" folder (this will be used as the hover icon)

post-29-1185040790.png

2- Open settings.xml in any text editor (notepad)

3- Replace any of the current ViStart links in settings.xml with the following (I did it with Help and Support)

<option name="Windows Sidebar" program="%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe" rollover="rollover\sidebar.png"/>

4- Save and Restart ViStart

Thanks for the fast reply,

I keep getting these 2 errors

-1072896685 - The following tags were not closed: menu_option.

Run-time error '9':

Subscript out of range

:dribble:

Ya got me on that one... Why don't you atach the settings.xml and let me have a look

Thanks again Rick..

The file is attached, the sidebar.png is in the rollover folder. Im using the newest build of Vistart 2502

Thanks for the help..

Rick I fixed it! somehow the info after the line I enterd got cut off

</menu_options>

Now the sidebar is on the Vistart menu where the help use to be, Now all I have to do is

figure why its not displaying a small icon in the right side of the screen in the directory list sheeeeee

Thanks!!! :thumb_yello:

Ok I have installed this app and I love it! All gadgets are working well exept one :( And that is gadget for sending SMS through my operator website (Simobil - Vodafone - Slovenia). It is installed and shows up as it should but it doesn't work. When I enter my username and password it just says "Connecting" ("Nalagam" in Slovenian language" and it stays there. It doesn't load up. On vista was working 100% but I don't know why isn't working on XP using your app.

Here is the link to offical gadget from my mobile operator:

Click to Download Simobil Gadget

I was hoping that someone could fix this becouse I don't know how this things work.

Tnx in advance!

anyone?

Yep, but Rafael and ZoRoNaX creators of VAIO (what makes the sidebar on XP/2k3 possible) have merged with Alky (Dx10 for XP) and now its gonna be called Alky not VAIO

Sometime at the end of this month they will be releasing Alky 1.0 so wait for it... And yes I can confirm the slideshow bug HAS! finally been fixed by Rafael.