[How To] Integrate Vista SP2 into Vista SP1 DVD?

bjfrog

It's great post/tutorial! Thank you veru much! But I don't know what to do with the "INSTALL.WIM" file... Which is the next step?

well if i wasn't mistaken you make a new iso and put this Install.Wim in it and replace it with the Original one in that DVD

that should be it

well if i wasn't mistaken you make a new iso and put this Install.Wim in it and replace it with the Original one in that DVD

that should be it

Thanks DaRk MaDnEsS, I have done it and is working. I get my instalation of Vista with SP2! The problem is that the ISO file is more than 7GB!

This are my steps:

1.- I create an ISO ("VISTA SP1.iso") file from the DVD with UltraIso, this image is 3,66 GB.

2.- Open VISTA SP1.iso file with UltraIso

3.- Drag and drop the new install.wim into the folder sources

4.- UltraIso ask me if I want to overwrite the original file, I answer YES TO ALL

5.- Save the image and it's more than 7GB...

I check the new install.wim and it's only 3,8 GB so I supose that UltraIso is majing something wrong.

Any idea? Thank you in advance.

• 2 months later...

After followed reverse integration of sp2 at the end after used the OOBE+Generalize+Shutdownby i am getting following errors in setuperr.log:

2009-10-23 23:31:05, Error [0x0f0082] SYSPRP LaunchDll:Failure occurred while executing 'C:\Windows\system32\msdtcprx.dll,SysPrepDtcCleanup', returned error code -2146434815[gle=0x000000b7]

2009-10-23 23:31:06, Error [0x0f0070] SYSPRP RunExternalDlls:An error occurred while running registry sysprep DLLs, halting sysprep execution. dwRet = -2146434815

2009-10-23 23:31:06, Error [0x0f00a8] SYSPRP WinMain:Hit failure while processing sysprep cleanup providers; hr = 0x80100101

Plz rectify me.

your's

anand

Dear Mr BJFrog,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give this tutorial.

It was a bit daunting for a noob like myself to take on something so complex (AND i'M A NIX USER!). But following your instructions to the letter got me exactly where you said it should.

I registered just to say a big thank you. THANK YOU!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the late,my OS had been upgrated to win7 pro by lenovo and i lost all vista sp1 stuff,i can't give any help on this matter now,i am going to get an english win 7 copy so that i can do something with you guys.