Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack En-US FINAL

nonno fabio

Greetings.

I'm trying to understand how to install this.

UpdatePack work only in offline mod (not work in online mod, can not be installed in a real system), Integrate it in WinXPSP3 CD with nLite or RVMi

Ciao.

Edited by OnePiece

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, nonno fabio and everyone on this forum.

First and foremost, I want to thank you and Onepiece for your great work and the effort you take keeping up to date this update pack and the other True Addons. :thumbsup_anim:

However, I would like to do a question, because I arrived here a few days ago through a Google search and, unfortunately, my knowledge about Windows setup or the way integrators do their job is almost zero. :blush:

I know that this update pack is compatible with NLite but, after you applied it to the clean XP SP3 source, can you remove components with NLite as usual?  I ask that because I did it and despite there were no errors during the whole process, when you install Windows, True Addons like .Net Framework, IE8, WMP11, which (if I'm not wrong) they are supposed to be installed at T-23, they are not.  Once XP is installed, if you go to the "Add-Remove Windows Components" panel, you can see that all these components are "checked" (installed).  Only if you click the button "Next" and you still have the installation disc on the cd drive, start the installation of all the True Addons (all versions of .Net Framework, DirectX, IE8, Wmp11 and Unlocker 1.9.2).

On the other hand, if I do the process the other way round, that is, first remove Windows components and then integrate the update pack with NLite, everything works perfectly.  The installation process is much longer and all the True Addons are in their place once it has finished.

By the way, on the Remove Addon "pack", the "Windows Rights Management Client" remover is not present.  Accidentally missed, perhaps?

Thank you very much, indeed.

Regards.

@cherokee
If only a single .inf file error occurs in Windows setup (it doesn't find a file to be copied or there's a mistake inside .inf file itself) then Windows setup will ignore any other .inf files, so remaining optional componenents won't install. Just a small or a big error and everything will be messed up.
Update Pack works flawlessly either with Nlite or with RVMi but you must be careful using component removal in nLite as they  can cause .inf errors sometimes. Every configuration is different, I can't say you what is the cause of broken installation. I suggest you to do some tests on a VM to find the culprit.
@wiktorynka
You can download what you need from UpdatePack folder in Onepiece's MEGA. See links in first post of this topic after "Here you can find complete mirrors, including prerelease versions" or in OnePiece's signature.

If you search the forum or the web you will find how to download a request-only hotfix: simply click on Hotfix Download Available button
uyn7r.jpg
or

http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=

& KBNumber

like this
http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=2832214
or
http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=2929729

Thank you for your amazing work updating this thing! Will be testing the current version soon.

Oh one thing that can be confusing to readers (I know your English isn't perfect, I'm just trying to help): The first paragraph of the post says "This XP post-SP3 All-in-One Update Pack differs from Ryan's One, which is more customizable to your needs" - from that phrasing, it seems you are trying to say that Ryan's update pack is more customizable, and not the other way around. New comers might be turned off by that. Instead, you could use "This pack differs from Ryan's one, which is less customizable" or "This pack, unlike Ryan's one, is more customizable".

The first paragraph of the post says "This XP post-SP3 All-in-One Update Pack differs from Ryan's One, which is more customizable to your needs" - from that phrasing, it seems you are trying to say that Ryan's update pack is more customizable, and not the other way around. New comers might be turned off by that. Instead, you could use "This pack differs from Ryan's one, which is less customizable" or "This pack, unlike Ryan's one, is more customizable".

An even better explanation would be:

This XP post-SP3 All-in-One Update Pack is similar to Ryan's and user_hidden's, but can be customized more to your needs, and includes more stuff like IE8, ... etc.

Cheers and Regards

Actually when I posted the first paragraph long time ago I really meant that Ryan's/U_H's is more customizable: as they are "plain vanilla" updatepacks, you can customize them to your personal needs, adding only what you want, if you want.

Onepiece's one is "full optional" instead: you don't need anything else, every Windows optional component is already on board, integrated natively in "true mode" like a real straight-out-the-box XP SP4 Ultimate Edition.

But in my opinion for this reason it is (or better it "was") less customizable than Ryan's one: for example WMP11 and IE8 are included as default in Onepiece UpdatePack and even if it is easy to remove them, especially from running systems, and revert to original versions bundled with XP you must perform additional steps to do this.

Today removals are easier with remove addons, Dotnet 2.0 is no more mandatory and so on. So i think I can update first by removing the statement.

Thank you for your suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

new release (see changelog)

A note about KB2934207 update (A notification about the end of Windows XP support): you can easily disable it from Windows Component Wizard menu

zkkbis.jpg

Furthermore Remove addon suite has been updated with OnePiece_Disable_XP_EOS_AddOn.cab & OnePiece_Remove_XP_EOS_AddOn.cab

• 2 weeks later...

i am new here, would like to make one last xp disc for myself b4 support ends

could someone give me a more detailed list of what's included in this aio, i'm just learning how to use nlite

example: ie 8, media player 11, .net frameworks?...etc

i want to make sure not to use seperate addons that would already be installed from this aio

thank you & can't wait to learn more & contribute

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

@All

Although I do not see problems http://www.tgcom24.mediaset.it/2014/video/nascita-del-delfino-nell-acquario-romagnolo_2031496.shtml as we already said http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/9773-repak-microsoft-silverlight-5131010/?p=113091 we realized the problem and we register\configure PlayReady manually, OPMWXPUP.inf from UpdatePack v1.0.5 FINAL

[Silverlight_ProcessesToRun]	11,,regsvr32.exe,,,"/S ""%16422%\%SilverlightDir%\xapauthenticodesip.dll"""	11,Setup,SLMSCCRL.exe,,300,	11,,cmd.exe,,,"/C DEL /F /Q ""%11%\Setup\SLMSCCRL.exe"""	;;;; Starting from version 5.1.31010.0 do not (Support) work in Windows XP SP3	;11,,RUNDLL32.exe,,,"""%16422%\%SilverlightDir%\%Silverlight_ProductVersion%\SLMSPRBootstrap.dll"",SetupPlayReadyData"	;;;; However proceed manually	11,,cmd.exe,,,"/C MD ""%16419%\Microsoft\PlayReady"""	11,,reg.exe,,,"ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PlayReady /v DataPath /t REG_SZ /d ""%16419%\Microsoft\PlayReady"" /f"
and watching their reports http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-winapps/microsoft-silverfast-51310100-kb3011970-breaks/4a313363-bb01-43d3-9a41-425d819cac0b maybe is that their problem

in poor words after integration of OnePiece's Windows XP Post-SP3 Update Pack v1.0.5 FINAL everything looks OK, but for those who find problems with SilverLight v5.1.31010.0 (KB3011970) or want to use the latest version of the Silverlight officially supported in WinNT 5.x (Windows XP/2003 etc etc), after integration of UpdatePack just use OnePiece_Remove_Silverlight_AddOn.cab with RVMi, and then integrate with nLite or RVMi the OnePiece_Microsoft_Silverlight_v5.1.30514.0_True_AddOn_INTL.cab, or simply just after UpdatePack integrate with nLite or RVMi the OnePiece_Microsoft_Silverlight_v5.1.30514.0_for_WinXP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_FINAL_INTL.7z

Ciao a tutti.

Edited by OnePiece

Version 1.0.5 have something new or just fix problems?

Microsoft.NET Framework v3.5.30729.4056.6 (Update November 2014), Microsoft.NET Framework v4.0.30319.1030 (Update November 2014), MRT v5.19, Microsoft Silverlight v5.1.31010.0, Adobe Flash Player ActiveX v16.0.0.235

Ciao.

Hi filter, Thanks for reporting

1 - Download the DXUPAC.exe http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/6897-tool-dxs-universal-updatepackaddon-creator/

2 - Create a new folder, example C:\UpdatePack

3 - extract OnePiece's Windows XP Post-SP3 Update Pack v1.0.5 FINAL ENU in C:\UpdatePack

4 - rename in C:\UpdatePack\OnePiece_WinXP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_ENU

5 - copy the new Silverlight.exe in C:\UpdatePack

6 - run the DXUPAC, choose to create the XP Update Pack English, indicate the C:\UpdatePack

7 - click Start, and wait for the DXUPAC to finish his work

2uynnmu.jpg

Ciao.

Edited by OnePiece

• 10 months later...

Hello,one question where can i find all the latest updates for windows xp sp3 greek in the https://mega.co.nz/#F!Bw1yyQSR!Hin-l0Fy0BRlnG-wWcF0hw

the last embedded updates are from April,so the updates from May Until October are not there.

It's no longer maintained past May of last year since that is the End Of Life cycle for Windows XP. There are no more Official updates past that point. Maybe someone will come along and help you with how to update your own. I have seen people discussing it at RyanVM.net.

Hi All, need to update always by yourself the update of Windows XP Embedded\WEPOS\POSReady 2009 , is very simple, you have to go in http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/ ( attention need to always Internet Explorer) every month, and after search Windows XP Embedded and after only download the latest update, and after use (Last) DXUPAC to create the new addon

However even this time already updated the file, so you need to use the UpdatePack v1.0.7 (It must be in google drive soon), and after go in MEGA or BOX and use the (Last) DXUPAC to create the OnePiece_WinXP_Embedded_Post-SP3_True_AddOn

attention (for reason of time) only UpdatePack enu is been tested in Virtual Machines, so before burning the ISO as usual is recommended to test the ISO in Virtual Machine

However in the latest release I put in DXUPAC, that if located in directors only file Embedded, then automatically changes the entries.ini ect ect and rename the pack in OnePiece_WinXP_Embedded_Post-SP3_True_AddOn_Lang, in poor words the DXUPAC does everything automatically, you just put the Embedded file and make a single click, and create always the last adddon, I chose the DXUPAC mod because you can always choose what to put or not to put in the addon, or as it release an update will not have to wait for me to release the new addon, but you can now create it by itself, I think better this way

Ciao.