.Net framework 1.0 "True" addon Help

I'm working on the first true addon for Tablet PC (George King has a SVCPACK Addon out though), and it is to be fully compatible with Ricktendo64's MCE addon, so that an "XP Ultimate" can be made.

I carefully studied Ricktendo's addon, so that I didn't make anything conflict, and I learned a SYSOC.inf edit trick to install TabletPC, so I give credit to Ricktendo already, because he did the trick to MCE.

When integrating both, all the Media Center stuff works fine, and all the TabletPC stuff works (After a couple quick edits to TabletPC.inf).

However, the Input Panel doesn't work, because Tablet PC requires .NET Framework 1.0, and it can't be substituted for .NET Framework 1.1. A SVCPACK silent installer won't work, because by then it is too late, so I'm trying to add it the "Microsoft Way".

On a real MCE or Tablet PC disk, there is a NETFX.CAB file in CMPNENTS, and it is a "true" addon for .NET 1.0 (Like Onepiece's .NET 1.1)

It is installed as an addon, installing .NET 1.0 on MCE or Tablet PC.

There is an entry in SYSOC.inf, so I used the "[EXTRAFILEEDITS]" function to edit sysoc.inf, which is how Ricktendo enabled MCE and I enabled Tablet PC, but it did not install .NET 1.0.

The section in SYSOC.inf is "netfx=netfxocm.dll,UrtOcmProc,netfxocm.inf,hide,7"

I changed it to "netfx=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,netfxocm.inf,hide,7". But it didn't install .NET 1.0 like I expected it to.

(Netfxocm.inf is used to install .NET 1.0. I haven't modded it like I did TabletPC.inf, or Ricktendo64 did the MCE stuff)

Any help will be appreciated, and if I get this working properly, Wincert will have another great addon to add to it's long list.

What I did is I delayed the registration of the files until 1st login, this way it gave time for SVCPACK.INF to install .net 1.1 sp1 and reboot

If you can find the registering of the files you can also delay this for tabletpc components, but another thing...if you install .net 1.1 during svcpack you have to reboot i think to install 1.0

Its all a huge mess

What I did is I delayed the registration of the files until 1st login, this way it gave time for SVCPACK.INF to install .net 1.1 sp1 and reboot

If you can find the registering of the files you can also delay this for tabletpc components, but another thing...if you install .net 1.1 during svcpack you have to reboot i think to install 1.0

Its all a huge mess

I tested the OnePiece .NET 1.1 SP1, and it works with your addon, but it replaces the NETFX.CAB and takes netfx's place in sysoc.inf. It isn't hard to make that addon appear in sysoc.inf in a different entry, but why does the onepiece .net 1.1 sp1 work, while mine doesn't? Mine is the one officially used by Microsoft, and Onepiece makes the same change to netfx as me.

Anyway, I tried it without .net 1.1 sp1, just 1.0, but 1.0 still didn't install.

I can't just make a SVCPACK silent addon of .net 1.0, because netfx.cab (MS one, not onepiece) has special files and settings for tabletpc.

Worst case scenario, if the adding of .NET 1.0 the way im doing is impossible, and I dont know why, because MCE and Tablet PC install .NET 1.0, even though it doesnt show up in add/remove programs. I suppose I could make a switchless addon of .net 1.0 (Already have, I used to install .NET 1.0 + SP3, 1.1 + SP1, MCE, Tablet PC, Update Rollup 2, the October 2006 Update, then run a copy2gac command and have them all working after a single reboot. So .NET 1.0 and .NET 1.1 can be installed together without a reboot and still function.

I could run 1.0 as a switchless SVCPACK addon that puts copy2gac in place then runs the command after install, but .net 1.0 running at the same time as a .NET AIO, in my experience, usually causes the 2.0 - 3.5 to fail

I am using OnePiece's update pack, and thats the only thing besides our two addons.

I know the Tablet PC addon works, because i manually installed .net 1.0 + its SP3, put the copy2gac.exe in the framework folder, then run the command to fix the input panel, rebooted, and all was fine.

The reason I want .net 1.0 to run using the netfx.cab by microsoft to run is because it will be the cleanest and most efficient method, and .net 1.1 could be run at svcpack.

You need this?

OnePiece Microsoft.NET Framework v1.0.3705 True AddOn

tabdownload.png Updated (January 22-2009)

Hash MD5 D1AE3DF84085BEECDFDE3972FC9D27F4

Filesize: 11.2 Kb

installing only the tested manually by clicking on the file from me. inf, and all ok, but logically should be all ok in cd.

Edited by OnePiece

I'll give it a try, but I just created a switchless installer that will install .NET 1.0 + it's SP3, then do the copy2gac thing. I also modded tabletpc.inf to copy copy2gac. If this addon works though it will save me a lot of trouble.

While I'm waiting to build my next test source, I wanted to talk to you about the 1.1 sp1 true addon.

Since this and the 1.1 sp1 use the netfx sysoc entry, it isn't possible to use both.

However, I was looking through your 1.1 inf and I found a way to change that. This might fix the Tablet PC problem mentioned on RyanVM forum.

Alright this didn't take me long so here's what I did.

1.Renamed Netfx.cab file to Netfx11.cab

2.Renamed Netfxocm.inf file to Netfx11.inf

3.Opened up the entries.ini and removed the whole [extrafileedits] column

4.Made a [sysoc] Column and Put "Netfx11=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,netfxocm.inf,hide,7"

5.Under [FileMove], changed Netfx.cab to Netfx11.cab

6.Opened up netfx11.inf and under [Optional Components], changed "netfx" to "netfx11"

7.Renamed [netfx] column to [netfx11]

8.For [sourceDisksNames], changed netfx.cab to netfx11.cab

9.For [NetFx.ActionInstall], changed netfxocm.inf to netfx11.inf

These 9 steps made it so that your addon doesn't replace Microsoft's .Net 1.0, but simply adds your .NET 1.1 sp1.

I am sure this will let Real Tablet PC users use your addon.

Edited by CODYQX4

Sorry for my English, I use the google translator.

I think you'll need to already be ok, the addon will install the Microsoft normally as fate, so I think even you will have to change anything else in cd.

It is just about Tablet PC, serves to make the amendments which Ricks said.

However with regard to dotnet, if you want all of them, then you need to rename \cmpnents\netfx\i386 the netfx.cab in netfx10.cab, after integrating into the CD OnePiece_Microsoft.NET_Framework_v1.1.4322.2407_True_AddOn_ENU.7z, and after integrating

OnePiece Microsoft.NET Framework v1.0.3705 True AddOn

tabdownload.png Updated (January 22-2009)

Hash MD5 4F79FD9A030CBB2F73E2A263387BE911

Filesize: 11.3 Kb

Edited by OnePiece

BTW creating a TabletPC addon is more than just changing the stuff in sysoc.inf to use ocgen.dll, it takes a bit of INF modding to do it also

Yeah, It took a couple minor edits, but I got it fine. It was less complex than your MCE addon, because TabletPC can be slipstreamed to SP3, and I havent seen a single Tablet PC update, so I didn't have to add hotfixes.

OnePiece, your modded netfxocm.inf did the trick, and now both .net 1.0 and 1.1 install.

This addon is crucial to my Tablet PC addon, so I wanted to ask you if I could include it in my addon. I will give you the credit for the .net addon, and for the help, as well as ricktendo. If it's ok, I want to include the .net addon in the tabletpc addon, because it doesnt work without the . net addon.

Hello CODYQX4, and everything ok, I to you the fate that addon, who never uses dotnet 1.0 :D;) , so all ok and you can already included in your addon, thanks for asking.

indeed, watching the news, perhaps soon release a new release of the addon dotnet 1.1, cab name change and name. inf, so open the way to your addon, and there will be problems later, for examples like this will be the new addon dotnet 1.1

;This section contains version info for RyanVM Integrator & nLite 
[general]
builddate=2009/01/25
description=OnePiece Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
language=English
ServicePack=SP3
title=Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
version=1.1.4322.2407
website=http://www.microsoft.com
Windows=XP

[sysoc]
netfx11=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,netfx11.inf,hide,7

[dosnet_files]
d1,netfx11.cab
d1,netfx11.inf

[txtsetup_files]
netfx11.cab = 1,,,,,,_x,,3,3
netfx11.inf = 1,,,,,,,20,0,0

so will not change the file names for dotnet 1.0, so use this for your addon http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?sho...ost&p=41202

Ciao.

Edited by OnePiece