[AddOn] Windows 7 Media Center 1.0 (English)

ricktendo

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi rick

very sory for you again and again disturb.

i can translate your Windows 7 Media Center 1.0 (English) addon for turkish lang.

but i have a qustion.

where i can not (surely) change [menu] [string] [rcdata]

[dialog] [version] from inside of ehres.dll or any file.
Edited by Acces Netdede

• 5 weeks later...

- Renamed Windows 7 Media Center

- New startup sound and a couple PNG's (very minor changes)

what I need to modify MCE with Russian MUI to look like Vista/Win7 MCE?

only ehres.dll.mui need to patch? or some any files needed to patch?

can you patch russian ehres.dll.mui (I can send it to you).

Edited by AndreyPopov

what I need to modify MCE with Russian MUI to look like Vista/Win7 MCE?

only ehres.dll.mui need to patch? or some any files needed to patch?

can you patch russian ehres.dll.mui (I can send it to you).

hi bro, you can must modify this files on Windows 7 Media Center 1.0 (English) ;

ehdrop.dll

ehRec.exe

ehRecvr.exe

ehSched.exe

ehui.dll

and in ehres.dll;

[menu]

[dialog]

[string]

[message table]

[version]

and in

only modify [string.xml]

Its allot more work than just ehres.dll

in mui I find only

ehdrop.dll.mui 4kb

ehrec.exe.mui 3kb

ehrecvr.exe.mui 3.5kb

ehres.dll.mui 8.44mb

ehsched.dll.mui 4k

all mui files contains only localized russian strings except ehres.dll.mui!!! it has RCDATA inside.

I install English WinXP with MCE addon + MCE Win7 than install MCE MUI local pack.

when I switch to English interface - MCE looks like Win7 MCE, when I switch to Russian interface MCE looks like MCE 2005. and that's why I ask what I need to patch than in Russian interface

in mui I find only

ehdrop.dll.mui 4kb

ehrec.exe.mui 3kb

ehrecvr.exe.mui 3.5kb

ehres.dll.mui 8.44mb

ehsched.dll.mui 4k

all mui files contains only localized russian strings except ehres.dll.mui!!! it has RCDATA inside.

I install English WinXP with MCE addon + MCE Win7 than install MCE MUI local pack.

when I switch to English interface - MCE looks like Win7 MCE, when I switch to Russian interface MCE looks like MCE 2005. and that's why I ask what I need to patch than in Russian interface

i have a proposal for you bro;

you download rick's Windows 7 Media Center 1.0 (English) and Windows 7 Media Center 1.0 (Spanish) pack and you can look where is he change interface, language and strings. Namely where is the different to this packs.

i say modify list uper post for you.

you can modify one by one mce05 addon and mce07 addon or this packs modify after to combine...

Edited by Acces Netdede

i have a proposal for you bro;

you download rick's Windows 7 Media Center 1.0 (English) and Windows 7 Media Center 1.0 (Spanish) pack and you can look where is he change interface, language and strings. Namely where is the different to this packs.

i say modify list uper post for you.

you can modify one by one mce05 addon and mce07 addon or this packs modify after to combine...

I almost add Rick's MCE05 addon and Win7 MCE addon!

than I extract RCDATA from ehres.dll from Win7 MCE addon and add they to my russian ehres.dll.mui - it's work !!!!!!!

bE4bE7visB.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

HMM no if you are referring to the start orb it will be skewed, you also have to edit a xml...if its ehshell.exe icon in the taskbar you can delete my ehshell.exe and it wont overwrite the default one

If I were you and I liked the default stuff I would not use this addon

• 1 year later...

Hi Ricks !

I made a french version of your XP_to_MCE05 addon (available >>>here<<<) & it works fine.

But when I do the same with your Windows 7 Media Center v1.0 addon, it's failed. Even after following all steps as decribed below:

If you use XPTSP after this it may change ehres.dll, the one here is a bit more updated

BTW for those who dont want to do a complete reformat you can:

- Extract the addon and rename all the "same name" files in the ehome dir example ehres.dll to ehres.dll.bak, eshell.exe to eshell.exe.bak, etc.

- Then after you have backed up and replaced all the files you have to do this so the modded ehshell.exe can work (this is thanks to AMIRZ) place sn.exe in system32 or the same ehome dir, open a cmd window and run

sn -Vr ehshell.exe

then

sn -Vr RegisterMCEApp.exe

- Install Vista MCE fonts (segmcr.ttf, segmcsb.ttf and segoemcl.ttf)

- Optionally you may also want to rename all your "Media Center" shortcuts to "Windows Media Center" and somehow refresh you icon cache to get the new Vista icons

same results :

eshell.exe - Strong name validation failed.

The strong name validation failed for 'C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehshell.exe' assembly.

eshell.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Process id=0x818 (2072). Thread id=0x830 (2096)

Can you also send me the INF file you made that will install this on a already installed system?

Thanx.

Edited by Ken@fri

Make sure the registry entries are present after running the command (or you can add it manually)

;Strong Name Verification
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\StrongName\Verification\ehshell,31BF3856AD364E35",,0x10
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\StrongName\Verification\RegisterMCEApp,31BF3856AD364E35",,0x10

Make sure the registry entries are present after running the command (or you can add it manually)

;Strong Name Verification
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\StrongName\Verification\ehshell,31BF3856AD364E35",,0x10
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\StrongName\Verification\RegisterMCEApp,31BF3856AD364E35",,0x10

Checked, and these reg entries are present.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rick, I hate to ask a stupid question, but your first post indicates that the add-on works with nLite but makes no mention of RyanVM Integrator. Any chance it'll work with RVMi? Thanks in advance!

Nope not compatible, you can look at the entries.ini and do the updating of the cab's and inf's manually into your mce addon that is compatible with rvm

I found how to make it compatible with RVMi :

1) Extract addon

2) create a new dir and named it MEDIACTR

3) Drag all addon files & drop them in MEDIACTR dir (except Entries_Windows_7_Media_Center.ini file)

4) Edit Entries_Windows_7_Media_Center.ini like this

;=================================================

; Vista Media Center addon by ricktendo64 |

; Special Thanks to: bober, fediafedia and AMIRZ |

;=================================================

[general]

builddate=2011/10/27

description=Vista/Windows 7 Resources for XP Media Center 2005.

forcelang=English

language=English

ServicePack=SP2

title=Windows 7 Media Center

version=1.1

website=http://www.ricktendo.com/

Windows=XP

[ExtraFileEdits]

MEDCTROC.INF|HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_media_center_semibold%",,"segmcsb.ttf"|HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_media_center_semibold%",,"segmcsb.ttf"<NEXT>HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_media_center_light%",,"segoemcl.ttf"<NEXT>;Strong Name Verification<NEXT>HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\StrongName\Verification\ehshell,31BF3856AD364E35",,0x10<NEXT>HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\StrongName\Verification\RegisterMCEApp,31BF3856AD364E35",,0x10|1

MEDCTROC.INF|segoe_media_center_semibold = "Segoe Media Center Semibold (TrueType)"|segoe_media_center_semibold = "Segoe Media Center Semibold (TrueType)"<NEXT>segoe_media_center_light = "Segoe Media Center Light (TrueType)"|1

MEDCTROC.INF|eHome_DESC = "Media Center"|eHome_DESC = "Windows Media Center"|1

MEDCTROC.INF|ShortcutDesc = "Media Center"|ShortcutDesc = "Windows Media Center"|1

[EditFile]

I386\MEDCTROC.INF,SourceDisksFiles,AddFontDisk

I386\MEDCTROC.INF,eHome_Font,AddFontCopy

[AddFontDisk]

segoemcl.ttf = 1

[AddFontCopy]

segoemcl.ttf

[ExpandCab]

CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386\MEDIACTR.CAB,CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386\MEDIACTR

[DirMove]

MEDIACTR,..\CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386\MEDIACTR

[CreateCab]

CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386\MEDIACTR,CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386\MEDIACTR.CAB

;[updateCabs]

;CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386\MEDIACTR.CAB, MEDIAFiles

;[mediaFiles]

;ehdrop.dll

;ehRec.exe

;ehRecvr.exe

;ehres.dll

;ehSched.exe

;ehshell.exe

;ehui.dll

;mcdftreg.inf

;RegisterMCEApp.exe

;segmcr.ttf

;segmcsb.ttf

;segoemcl.ttf

5) Select MEDIACTR dir + Entries_Windows_7_Media_Center.ini : compress them (with 7zip, WinRAR...) and name the new archive as you want (i.e Ricks_Win7MediaCenter1.1_en.7z)

IMPORTANT : Please use it AFTER you have integrated/slipped any updatepack/servicepack and Ricks_XP_to_MCE05addon_en.7z. A lot of files are replaced by these addon: it will overwrite the original ones located in CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386\MEDIACTR.CAB... So use it last!.

Voilà !