HELP! its getting stuck!!

Tabz

hellooooo

I have a problem....about 3-4 days ago i noticed my windows kept getting stuck on the logon screen. I would just get a message saying loading windows....and then thats it. None of the user ID's come up, so i cant log into windows. This problem is usually fixed by me restarting once or sometimes 2-3 times. Its starting to annoy me.

Any way to solve this little problem??

Can you try to use the safe mode and see if it hangs then, if not, you probably have a driver issue..

Also, prior to this problem, did you changed any system settings or installed any new device drivers?

I had a similar problem but couldn't login at all, windows was hanged at the same time like yours. In this case it was a disk problem, profile was corrupted. You can also do a diskcheck just to be clear with that..

I had this... When I didn't insert my password fast enough, windows would then take forever to log in

Since I started using the RyanVM updatpack to update/overwrite the old DLL files on my XP CD it stoped

But he can't even access profile selection option (he's using Welcome Screen)..

Not really the best or fastest option. It should always be the last resort. You can save an immense amount of time fixing it yourself. Plus you learn how to fix it too. :P
I think that every problem has a solution. Sometimes it just isn't worth pursuing the high road (fixing it properly) when you've got a custom unattended CD or a ghost image sitting on the desk and it just takes a few mins to backup/restore a user's files.

The easiest/fastest solution to *all* problems? Not at all. Depends on the problem and the person who has to solve it. I know you disagree (I've seen you say as much elsewhere) but this is my opinion and I'm sticking to it :thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Not really the best or fastest option. It should always be the last resort. You can save an immense amount of time fixing it yourself. Plus you learn how to fix it too. :P

I agree with this, but... there are drawbacks if you do it this way, you risk making something else not run right. Or maybe the damage done by the original problem is irreversable. I've seen it done by other people so many times. They have a small problem and they fix it, then the computer runs worse than it did with the problem, but its fixed. However, those people are satisfied with it :wacko: